Official Foxwoods Updates

Wow, talk about a cooler:Doug Dicken Eliminated 19th ($37,205)After a raise and re-raise pre-flop, Doug Dicken bets $200,000 on a J106 (two spades) flop. Mimi Tran moves all in and Dicken immediately calls. Dicken shows the 1010, but Tran turns over a bigger set with the JJ. Dicken's hand fails to improve with the 2 turn and 3 river, and he is eliminated from the tournament.
This tournament is still going on?I thought it just stopped once Daniel was eliminated.
  • Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think its obvious Daniel is no longer a good player. Good players never have aces busted by two pair. Doesn't happen. Its science.

Your not going to tell me that he bets out 46k and if daniel even re-raises or goes all in the guy would call and daniel would have had the blinds plus 46k of his chips....So my point justifies that Daniel played that hand all wrong, if he played it better before the flop then the guy would have never caught 2 pr on him, because he is proly folding to an all in or re-raise
lol i mean what if the flop comes K 7 5, and DN is among the chipleaders because of his amazing flatcall in position leading to an easy double up? then you are all sitting here praising him, instead of making assanine retarted comments like the one it was painful for me to quote
Your not going to tell me that he bets out 46k and if daniel even re-raises or goes all in the guy would call and daniel would have had the blinds plus 46k of his chips....So my point justifies that Daniel played that hand all wrong, if he played it better before the flop then the guy would have never caught 2 pr on him, because he is proly folding to an all in or re-raise
What you are saying is totally foolish. No offense dude, but your thinking inside of a box and until you start thinking outside of that box you'll never be able to grow as a player. Going all in is a fine play. Calling as a HUGE favorite in the hopes to attract action and become a force in the tournament is also a good play. In NO WAY did I play the hand wrong, and if you poll 100 of the top players in the world you'd be lucky to find even one that agreed with you. Trust me.
I just got around to watching the 2006 Tournament of Champions.This seems to be a somewhat similar hand.Final table, maybe about 6-7 players left.Mike Matasow Raises preflop.DN flat calls with pocket kings.Andrew Black raises.Matasow folds.DN reraises.Black pushes all-in.DN calls and has Black dominated.Black shows Ace King. No way he makes that move if it goes raise, re-raise before he acts.
Actually, you have the action almost right. Mike limped, I limped. Andrew raised, I re-raised, he moved in.
I understand your point but im re-raising or pushing and taking the 46k plus the blinds out there and moving on to another hand..AA gets cracked way to often to worry about extracting more chips out of someone...hell 46k from the chips leader would soot me well..Daniel would be well over 300K I would be happy with that..
If you'd be happy with that, then it's almost lilke saying you are happy with mediocrity. Aces don't get cracked "often" they get cracked "rarely"
Y not raise..being a donky..won anyways ...and no one looks up to me...
you just continue to prove my point that you are a results biased donk and you suck at poker
Actually, you have the action almost right. Mike limped, I limped. Andrew raised, I re-raised, he moved in. If you'd be happy with that, then it's almost lilke saying you are happy with mediocrity. Aces don't get cracked "often" they get cracked "rarely"
It's ok we've already tried with that one....
Actually, you have the action almost right. Mike limped, I limped. Andrew raised, I re-raised, he moved in. If you'd be happy with that, then it's almost lilke saying you are happy with mediocrity. Aces don't get cracked "often" they get cracked "rarely"
Dont want to rub it in but u got AA cracked at foxwoods and also in the 6 handed NL holdem WSOP event VS Dutch Boyd (2 huge hands that would have put you at or close to the top)...very unlucky I must say.
Did you read my blog? I re-raised in this tournament pre-flop a TOTAL of five times. Once with JJ and QQ, and once with AK. Later, I did it two more times with AK when I got shorter on chips.
i'm not comparing myself to DN (obviously) but I play the exact same way. I rarely reraise preflop. i find unless you do it often it defines your hand too much. of course, if there's alot of ppl in the pot in front of you and you want to thin the field... but heads up I rarely reraise with big hands.just throwing that out there.
Aces don't get cracked "often" they get cracked "rarely"
I'm gonna go out on limb and guess that they get cracked about one time out of five. But it's that 20% of the time that really makes an impression on a player when his aces get cracked, which is why some people feel that aces get cracked "all the time."Someone said something similar not too long ago: *****
If you'd be happy with that, then it's almost like saying you are happy with mediocrity.
As I said at the below URL, Yeah, I know. He should have pushed the pocket aces preflop instead of after the flop when the villain flopped two pair. That's easy to say in hindsight. If the villain had held AK, and called the push on the flop, it would have looked like a genius play. Daniel did what he could to try to double up and I don't question the play. A player with unpaired hole cards makes a pair on the flop about 30% of the time, and will flop two pair 2% of the time. This villain beat the odds and flopped two pair.http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...p;#entry1534913

I find this funny. My intiail reaction what that DNs play was obviously correct and he got unlucky. I posted "That's what you get for just calling with AA PF" and didn't even think I'd need to (sw) but I put it there anyway. Even then some donk comes along and quotes me to support his point. Hilarity.Given DN's additional comment that the players to act behind him were the sort that liked to play PF this is an even better play. The only downside to the flat call here is if you get multiple callers behind you which was extremely unlikely given the read. You get a raise behind you and you push. You get folds behind you and you're heads up. Villain is likely to CB any flop. If villain hits top pair (hell perhaps even middle pair) you double. In this particular situation (short stack, these opponents) the flat call is so much better than a re-raise I can't even believe we're discussing it.

I find this funny. My intiail reaction what that DNs play was obviously correct and he got unlucky. I posted "That's what you get for just calling with AA PF" and didn't even think I'd need to (sw) but I put it there anyway. Even then some donk comes along and quotes me to support his point. Hilarity.Given DN's additional comment that the players to act behind him were the sort that liked to play PF this is an even better play. The only downside to the flat call here is if you get multiple callers behind you which was extremely unlikely given the read. You get a raise behind you and you push. You get folds behind you and you're heads up. Villain is likely to CB any flop. If villain hits top pair (hell perhaps even middle pair) you double. In this particular situation (short stack, these opponents) the flat call is so much better than a re-raise I can't even believe we're discussing it.
i dont think it's likely to get multi callers behind you at this late level of the tournament...you'll usually get shoves/folds...unless everyone is really deep and playing postflop...which is a rariety late for the most part..and as DN said, this tournaments structure wasn't that great.it's def. more likely that someone shoves AQ/AK and 88+ and better here instead of just calling.- Jordan