Official Foxwoods Updates

Your not going to tell me that he bets out 46k and if daniel even re-raises or goes all in the guy would call and daniel would have had the blinds plus 46k of his chips....So my point justifies that Daniel played that hand all wrong, if he played it better before the flop then the guy would have never caught 2 pr on him, because he is proly folding to an all in or re-raise
Yes you certainly don't want a hand like K6 throwing out another bet at it on the flop. You reraise in that spot so hands you dominate don't call then suck out on you.
  • Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your not going to tell me that he bets out 46k and if daniel even re-raises or goes all in the guy would call and daniel would have had the blinds plus 46k of his chips....So my point justifies that Daniel played that hand all wrong, if he played it better before the flop then the guy would have never caught 2 pr on him, because he is proly folding to an all in or re-raise
stop being so ****ing results biased you jackass. if the flop comes something like Q49 and DN plays the hand the same way and his opponent folds, your stupid results biased brain would be saying how good his trap was.there is more than one way to play AA, YSAPKY and go away

OK people who are saying this is a bad play, I don't think you understand something. HE DIDN'T WANT TO CHASE THE GUY OUT OF THE HAND PRE-FLOP!. It wasn't his intention to win the pot right then. So advocating a re-raise makes no sense there. He was going up against the chipleader, who had been playing aggressively. So he did what he thought was the best chance to double through, and that's smoothcall the chip leader, and then let him make a continuation bet, and then come over the top.Now some of you would have re-raised AA there with the intent of taking the pot down there, or having someone make a bad call (I might have considering the increase in pay levels would mean something). But if you're trying to win the tournament which is all DN cares about then you're trying to extract maximum value out of AA and this was the best way to do it. The fact that the CL got hit in the face with the deck is irrelevant. Would it have mattered if the 6 came on the river instead of the flop? No because the hand would have played out the same way. CL still makes the continuation bet, DN still jams and CL calls with top pair pot committed.On to more important matters, Daniel are you leaving Foxwoods right away or are you sticking around for the day, if so go across the street and check out Lake of Isles, it's a very nice course.

I just got around to watching the 2006 Tournament of Champions.This seems to be a somewhat similar hand.Final table, maybe about 6-7 players left.Mike Matasow Raises preflop.DN flat calls with pocket kings.Andrew Black raises.Matasow folds.DN reraises.Black pushes all-in.DN calls and has Black dominated.Black shows Ace King. No way he makes that move if it goes raise, re-raise before he acts.

OK people who are saying this is a bad play, I don't think you understand something. HE DIDN'T WANT TO CHASE THE GUY OUT OF THE HAND PRE-FLOP!. It wasn't his intention to win the pot right then. So advocating a re-raise makes no sense there. He was going up against the chipleader, who had been playing aggressively. So he did what he thought was the best chance to double through, and that's smoothcall the chip leader, and then let him make a continuation bet, and then come over the top.Now some of you would have re-raised AA there with the intent of taking the pot down there, or having someone make a bad call (I might have considering the increase in pay levels would mean something). But if you're trying to win the tournament which is all DN cares about then you're trying to extract maximum value out of AA and this was the best way to do it. The fact that the CL got hit in the face with the deck is irrelevant. Would it have mattered if the 6 came on the river instead of the flop? No because the hand would have played out the same way. CL still makes the continuation bet, DN still jams and CL calls with top pair pot committed.On to more important matters, Daniel are you leaving Foxwoods right away or are you sticking around for the day, if so go across the street and check out Lake of Isles, it's a very nice course.
I understand your point but im re-raising or pushing and taking the 46k plus the blinds out there and moving on to another hand..AA gets cracked way to often to worry about extracting more chips out of someone...hell 46k from the chips leader would soot me well..Daniel would be well over 300K I would be happy with that..

My .02 cents,there is really no very good way to play Pocket Aces because the situation is always so read specific. I have played them every which way, trying, like I think everybody else does, to get maximun value out of the hand. Have to take DN's word about the situation, so a smooth call, hoping some of the other players yet to act, come over the top seems okay, nothing wrong with an all in on that board either. It's a tough break but I have noticed these things happen in poker.

I'm sure glad you guys don't analize the way i playa hand every time some one lucks out and beats my rockets. tough break DN, nice to see you back at the top of your game. Got to play to win.

That's what you get for just calling pre-flop with aces. (sw)
QFTMFT..AMEN
Daniel maybe you should take up cribbage or something since obviously this poker thing is not for you. :club: tough beat man
Losing faith in Daniel are we??? I know the 2004 daniel would have -reraised there.
QFTMFT..AMEN
sw means 'sarcasm warning' meaning he was kidding...dumbass
well as we all know, like DONKQUE said, AA gets cracked way too often to not re-raise preflop, but Jacks....oh, they never get crackedAbsolute pwnage
I understand your point but im re-raising or pushing and taking the 46k plus the blinds out there and moving on to another hand..AA gets cracked way to often to worry about extracting more chips out of someone...hell 46k from the chips leader would soot me well..Daniel would be well over 300K I would be happy with that..
and if he doesnt outdrawn DN the other 90% of the flop DN either takes the CB and is at 400k or possible the flop comes K high with no 6 and DN is at 500konce again, stop being a results biased donk
If you understand the point then why are you criticizing the play? The fact that you'd have played it different has no bearing on the discussion. He explained that he tried to get maximum value from his hand, AA doesn't come around very often late in a tournament. So when it does come around the sensible thing to do is to try and play them for full value. Re-raising doesn't do that. So you wouldn't play your Aces for full value, what are we supposed to do stand up and aplaud you for it, and agree that Daniel is an idiot?The fact is he correctly tried to get full value out of his Aces, he explained how he did that, and it backfired. To continue advocating the re-raise pre-flop is ignoring the point, and just criticizing the play based solely on the fact that the Chip leader got hit in the face by the deck
My .02 cents,there is really no very good way to play Pocket Aces because the situation is always so read specific.
So I guess if you're good at reading people then you can play them most everyway possible?DN needs to work on his reading skills I guess.sw
Y not raise..being a donky..won anyways...and no one looks up to me...

i am literally nauscious from reading this thread and all of the ludicrous replies in it... there are a few of you who posted that have a clue, but other than that no... dn please dont respond to them, they are obv jealous and trying to give you a hard time... could you have reraised? obv... was that your best chance to double up and put yourself into contention for the tournament, most likely not.. a flatcall in this situation is fine allllll day, just got sickeningly unlucky... get over it guys, hes gonna win something soon, playing too well from what i can see on the live updates no to... end rant

i am literally nauscious from reading this thread and all of the ludicrous replies in it... there are a few of you who posted that have a clue, but other than that no... dn please dont respond to them, they are obv jealous and trying to give you a hard time... could you have reraised? obv... was that your best chance to double up and put yourself into contention for the tournament, most likely not.. a flatcall in this situation is fine allllll day, just got sickeningly unlucky... get over it guys, hes gonna win something soon, playing too well from what i can see on the live updates no to... end rant
Couldn't have said it any better. I was going to post a mean spirited remark to DNIQUE and KennyG but their posts on this subject show the lack of knowledge they have for the game.
:club: Just a note to anyone travelling to Las Vegas.I'm sure most on this site aren't very interested in the cheaper tournys, however the $30 + $3 daily tourny @ LUXOR has converted to the ultimate crapshoot.Last year we recieved 1800 in starting chips (66 players) with the standard blind structure.The tourny lasted 3 hours +/-This last weekend, it cost the same, but we recieved only 600 starting chips (same 66 players) The blinds were 25-25, 25-50, 50-100, 100-200 and continued doubling every 15 minutes. The tourny didn't even last 2 hours and came down to automatic all-ins for the final 3Be watchful of which tournament you enter in down there

Unfortunately every time DN busts out of a tournament people are going to critisize how he went out. It's the way it is. In the last tournament he busted out of I even critisized his play and a lot of others agreed, but in this case it's just wrong to critisize. Daniel is trying to WIN the tournament, not just pick up some blinds and float around below average stack size and move up in money until he busts. He tried to double by trapping and he obviously had the best of it until the chip leader caught a slight miracle. It's not really debateable here.

of course not but what if it comes K87 and he make that bet then DN pushes hes not folding and chances r DN has 600k. Lucky flop more often then not DN is going o pick it pu with the reraise because he is going to continuation bet and fold to the reraise earning earning DN an extrea 70k or he is just goiing to hit hte K and then DN doubles up. DN this was one of the best tournaments you played probably since Tunica tough break GG>.
I understand your point but im re-raising or pushing and taking the 46k plus the blinds out there and moving on to another hand..AA gets cracked way to often to worry about extracting more chips out of someone...
This thread makes me laugh.

Wow, talk about a cooler:Doug Dicken Eliminated 19th ($37,205)After a raise and re-raise pre-flop, Doug Dicken bets $200,000 on a J106 (two spades) flop. Mimi Tran moves all in and Dicken immediately calls. Dicken shows the 1010, but Tran turns over a bigger set with the JJ. Dicken's hand fails to improve with the 2 turn and 3 river, and he is eliminated from the tournament.