Official Foxwoods Updates

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is getting embarassing. He saw a good chance to put himself in contention to win the tournament and took it. That play works and he's got a great shot at a big paycheck.

Give the guy a break, not like he bubbled out. He played well the whole time and made some good money. So unless you have made more then 1million this year, keep your useless comments to yourself because u arent even in the same league!!!

Like DN and others have said, if the move works and the flop comes K 10 3 or some other Kxx combination that doesn't have a 6, he doubles through and looks like a genius. Nothing wrong with trying to make a play.

all i am saying that if it was raised pre-flop and and he raised on the flop you have to assume he has a set.I am not saying i wouldn't have done the same thing. It just seem more like a non pro play.please don't take offence to it Daniel. it was not meant like that.I might have raised allin pre flop considering there was a fair amount in the pot already!take a pill people!

DN...ggi love how people give you sh*t after you bust out, no matter the circumstancesWas a perfect flop to move in with AA with a short-ish stack...AK, KQ, KJ, K-10 probably all call...just sucks he got away with raising with junk at such a crutial time.I hope they change the tournament structure, would be a shame if you didn't come back next year.have a safe trip home

DN...ggi love how people give you sh*t after you bust out, no matter the circumstancesWas a perfect flop to move in with AA with a short-ish stack...AK, KQ, KJ, K-10 probably all call...just sucks he got away with raising with junk at such a crutial time.I hope they change the tournament structure, would be a shame if you didn't come back next year.have a safe trip home
*single tear*

sure we can analize this hand all night...but with the preflop raise and the 80k bet on the flop...does that not scream of strength ? you have to assume a SEThad he of bumped a preflop raise to 100k , the guy folds or goes all in...if he goes allin you have your money in with the best hand. :club:

How many pots do people take from you?
less than youe total posts !or exactly 7 brazillion eleventy million and 6
*single tear*
+1

The bust out hand was fine. Not much you can do there. The numbers are big but still a little short stacked. If he had over 100xbb then that would be a different story, good pro's don't bust with top pair in deep stack pots.DN showed me he can play a short stack as good as the great short stack players this tourney. (famous ones anyways) You always here of the big chip stacks that DN or Lindgren have when dominating a tournament. This tourney DN was short stacked quite a bit but managed to hang tough. I've never played with Johnny Chan, TJ Cloutier, Men, or Allen Cunningham but I've read that they play a short stack real good. It seems like DN has that gear too. :club:

WOW..And he going to teach someone how to play poker and he just calls a raise pre-flop with aces...some teacher...!!!! Say what you want what a horrible play.... :club:

WOW..And he going to teach someone how to play poker and he just calls a raise pre-flop with aces...some teacher...!!!! Say what you want what a horrible play.... :club:
Ever think maybe he was playing Medic and and the situation, not just a pair of Aces?Maybe reraising would have worked, maybe not, he made the play he did and it didn't turn out good. However, while we were sitting here he was at the table. You can only rely on the fact he had reasoning for how he played the hand. What else can he do?And, yeah, I'd take a tip or two on how to play cards from him any day.
all i am saying that if it was raised pre-flop and and he raised on the flop you have to assume he has a set.I am not saying i wouldn't have done the same thing. It just seem more like a non pro play.please don't take offence to it Daniel. it was not meant like that.I might have raised allin pre flop considering there was a fair amount in the pot already!take a pill people!
You've got it wrong though. He didn't raise me on the flop? He simply made a continuation bet after the flop. He could have done that with a ton of hands.
You are right there is only one way to play AA. Situations and read make no difference at all. In fact everytime you get them you should raise even more than your standard just so everyone knows you have them. Good luck!
You are right there is only one way to play AA. Situations and read make no difference at all. In fact everytime you get them you should raise even more than your standard just so everyone knows you have them. Good luck!
The guy had k-6 off he raised 46k if daniel re-raises or or goes all in the guy can't call he was trying to steal the pot, and got lucky, but I would have pushed being he had me covered....and if he really had any sort of hand yes he would have called but he is not calling a re-raise with k-6 off no way...

Appolgees to Kdawg and anyone else who got butt hurt over me starting a seperate thread about this. That WAS a cooler. What sicko bets K-6 like that and then luckboxes 2 pair on the flop? that was a sick beat. Period.GG Daniel. Well done. :club:

The guy had k-6 off he raised 46k if daniel re-raises or or goes all in the guy can't call he was trying to steal the pot, and got lucky, but I would have pushed being he had me covered....and if he really had any sort of hand yes he would have called but he is nort calling a re-raise with k-6 off no way...
exactly. do you see how your own point justifies a varied play?
You've got it wrong though. He didn't raise me on the flop? He simply made a continuation bet after the flop. He could have done that with a ton of hands.
QFTKenny if you are gonna critize someones play, be sure you know what happened. And why would he HAVE to have a set if he did. Considering DN was a short stack its very possible he would raise with AK/KQ or maybe just thought DN was weak and fold
GG Daniel. Not much you could do there especially with Nenad being the chip leader and obviously playing LAG
Because re-raising preflop does nothing.......?
exactly. do you see how your own point justifies a varied play?
Your not going to tell me that he bets out 46k and if daniel even re-raises or goes all in the guy would call and daniel would have had the blinds plus 46k of his chips....So my point justifies that Daniel played that hand all wrong, if he played it better before the flop then the guy would have never caught 2 pr on him, because he is proly folding to an all in or re-raise
The guy had k-6 off he raised 46k if daniel re-raises or or goes all in the guy can't call he was trying to steal the pot, and got lucky, but I would have pushed being he had me covered....and if he really had any sort of hand yes he would have called but he is not calling a re-raise with k-6 off no way...
and if DN doesnt get out flopped the other 90% of the time and he CB the flop, he wins more or if it comes K85 he gets it allin as a big favorite. There is more than one way to play AA. A horrible player would think you always have to re-raise