The Most Friendly Pro That You've Ever Met Besides Negreanu?

hung out with eli for a bit when i ran into him in a food court. he was watching himself on tv. really friendly and approachable. sebok was in a good mood when i caught him and he went out of his way to have a conversation with you. also humberto loves the attention and loves his fans

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the only interaction I had with a pro was actually through email. I emailed joe sebok about one of his songs from his ipod list. He actually responded back and was talking about the song. I then wrote back other email and he wrote back a couple of other times answering some of my questions. It was about a year and a half ago or so. Was really impressed with his response.

This is kind of a funny topic. Not everything that you see is the "real deal". I still don't understand the idea of taking pictures with poker players, that seems odd to me. Anyway, two of the friendliest guys that I have played with are Mark Gregorich and Max Pescatori. Pretty sure at the time we were playing Chinese Poker with 2-7 in the middle. I had a great time, and they were good sports. Very nice guys imo. Honestly the list is pretty extensive of who is a friendly guy away from the table. But in the heat of battle, that is a completely different story.

I have to agree with Steve and Nutz. Almost all the pros I've met are exceedingly nice. My favorites:Jen Harmon by farThe GrinderAntonioUnabomberMark

Jennifer Leigh (Jennicide) and Harry Demetriou. You could tell that Jennifer was just as excited to be around all of the pros and fans as we were meeting her and being in the same environment. Harry was funny, warm, kind and jovial. He is also very tall and very handsome. So, it is hard for me to say if he was absolutely the friendliest or if I was just crushing on him. He is way more relaxed in person than you would ever imagine.

Jennifer Leigh (Jennicide) and Harry Demetriou. You could tell that Jennifer was just as excited to be around all of the pros and fans as we were meeting her and being in the same environment. Harry was funny, warm, kind and jovial. He is also very tall and very handsome. So, it is hard for me to say if he was absolutely the friendliest or if I was just crushing on him. He is way more relaxed in person than you would ever imagine.
5 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 1 Anonymous Users)2 Members: MaxthePug, HarryDemetriou
This is kind of a funny topic. Not everything that you see is the "real deal". I still don't understand the idea of taking pictures with poker players, that seems odd to me. Anyway, two of the friendliest guys that I have played with are Mark Gregorich and Max Pescatori. Pretty sure at the time we were playing Chinese Poker with 2-7 in the middle. I had a great time, and they were good sports. Very nice guys imo. Honestly the list is pretty extensive of who is a friendly guy away from the table. But in the heat of battle, that is a completely different story.
I get ya.This ...poker player as celebrity is a little bit funny.Although Doyle Brunson has done so much for poker that a picture with him might actually mean something to me.

Happened to see Luske at the piano bar at harrahs late one night. He saw us looking at him and said "you got me.., it's me what would you like to drink?". Bought us tang and tonics for the rest of the night and talked about everything under the sun. One of my friends asked to take a picture with him and he whipped out his sunglasses and told my friend to put them on upside down for the picture. Really cool night

I was bummed I missed saying hello to Harry. We've e-talked a few times and I really did want to meet him but never saw him there. I'm sure we'll say hello in person someday soon. I owe him a drink! :club:

This year during the WSOP I was railing the $1000 limit shoot-out and was watching when Mike Caro got heads up vs. some unknown guy with a 4-1 chip disadvantage. Over the next hour and half I watched Caro pick the dude apart and win every key pot on some sick reads (calling a bet on every street with Q high and being right.) Caro was an absolute RIOT to watch refering to himself in the 3rd person as the "mad genius" and chatting with the crowd about hands (the table was right next to the rail). At one point he explained to the dealer his theory about "cheering for his opponent to win" and how he wanted his opponent to get aces, she didn't seem to believe him so I said "no its true he wrote about it in his book" and Mike chipped in "I knew SOMEBODY bought my book" and was very nice to be as he proceeded to win his table, chatting to me the entire time. Afterward we talked with him some more and I got his autograph. The crazy part was how he kept thanking ME, for buying his books, for being HIS fan I was so confused I didn't know what to say. Very cool guy indeed.

I cant believe people actually care about this. Whats next, what pro is the best kisser.
Doyle is pretty good, old school styleJuanda is kind of 'not there' if you know what I meanTilly felt like she was just actingBut Laak gave alot of effortRaymer too wetDuke..bad breathGold charged me, but it was worth it
I was bummed I missed saying hello to Harry. We've e-talked a few times and I really did want to meet him but never saw him there. I'm sure we'll say hello in person someday soon. I owe him a drink! :club:
You owe me a drink! I also just noticed you have a blog. ZOMG lollerskates etc etc.Mark

Keena James-Saw him at the WSOP circuit at Caesar Palace Vegas. He talked for about 10 minutes. He's from Chicago and I am too. It was towards the end of the lunch break but he offered if I was going to be around tommorow to go out to lunch to talk poker. I was however leaving but he said it was an open invitation just to flag him down at one of the breaks when I'm out in Vegas.Harrington was very nice and talked to my dad for about 15 minutes.Matusow was a prick, it was lunch break and he is a fat *** so I'm guessing food was way more important than paying any attention to anybody.Arieh was ok.Suprisingly Sheiky was their playing cash games and I was heading to the cage as he was getting in and I asked for a picture. He said yes and I told him he should have deck Matusow, he said he didn't want to have to give him more money for hurting him (for those of you who haven't seen mike he is short and stubby, Sean is a pretty big guy and looks like he might have been an athlete at one time or another and would dominate a mike in a fight)But was very nice, which surprised the **** out of me.Men the Master was hilarious as well and drunk and he thought it was funny that he was standing in the high stakes area and i was down two steps and still taller than him. He is an asian midget (oxy moron)Can't wait to get back there. I :club: Vegas

I kind of agree with Alf and Steve, I don't know that I would ever ask a poker player to be in a picture with me, but it would be really cool to meet some of them. Although, I'm gay for Phil Ivey so if I met him, I would obv get a picture.

heh, maybe...just make sure you have 5$ on you if you youre gonna ask him for an autograph. :club:
i played a tourney with him at Foxwoods. between hands he signed autographs, took pictures, let people try on his bracelet. he couldn't have been any nicer...........for freewell, not totally free. he did take all my chips

Only ever met 1 face-to-face. It was at the 2005 WSOP. We were walking down the hall and saw E-dog. I wasn't going to even stop, but he's my oldest son's favorite.So, we went up to him, just to say "Hi" basically. Ended up talking to him for probably 10-15 minutes. Talked about the local college football team, about our anniversary (which we were there celebrating)...lots of actual chat.Great guy.Hoping to meet a few others when the WSOP Circuit event hits Council Bluffs next February. Contacted DN on his MySpace page, he said he wasn't coming. Thanks again Daniel for the reply. Not a lot of pros would have taken the time.

I kind of agree with Alf and Steve, I don't know that I would ever ask a poker player to be in a picture with me, but it would be really cool to meet some of them. Although, I'm gay for Phil Ivey so if I met him, I would obv get a picture.
well thats just it, I'm sure most of us could care less about the idea of a poker pro being a celeb, It only happend because of a few factors that helped spawn such a huge poker following.But like you said, You're ghey for Ivey, and thats how most of the people posting here feel about 1 or another i'm sure.Its that 1 pro that you like to watch and would like to meet.
well thats just it, I'm sure most of us could care less about the idea of a poker pro being a celeb, It only happend because of a few factors that helped spawn such a huge poker following.But like you said, You're ghey for Ivey, and thats how most of the people posting here feel about 1 or another i'm sure.Its that 1 pro that you like to watch and would like to meet.
Good point.

"Cowboy" Kenna James hands down. Saw him take so much time after atournament to shake hands and talk with a ton of people.Schweet.

Gold charged me, but it was worth it
Are you serious?