Im pretty sure when we last spoke, he hadnt played too many hands 30/60 and up. And he quit for school shortly after. I could be mistaken. If he's as big a winner at the 30/60 as he is in smaller games, it doestn apply - but i dont think that anyones winrate stays the same as they move up.A 5/10 player wins 3BB/100 (after rb, points or bonus), and for every table he adds his winrate drops .25BB/100. His hourly rate peaks at 6-7 tables. For a 30/60 player that has a base winrate of 1.25BB/100 (after rb, points or bonus) that degrades at the same rate when additional tables are added, he will peak at 3 tables. Without knowing the winrates we're dealing with, we cant know. But i think that winrates (in absolute value) tend to degrade at similar rates based on the number of tables added. Which means an optimizing player at a game with a large edge will be playing more tables than an optimizing player at a game with a small edge.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My goal is to work on my cash game, and try to make a FT this month! $50 shnl was pretty good to me tonight, here are two good hands.PokerStars Game #6875374023: Hold'em No Limit ($0.25/$0.50) - 2006/11/03 - 06:20:41 (ET)Table 'Golson' 6-max Seat #3 is the buttonSeat 1: davo124 ($45.75 in chips) Seat 3: winchamp ($70.20 in chips) Seat 4: Cicia ($19.40 in chips) Seat 5: ChrisRichey ($48.35 in chips) Seat 6: Teufonz ($51.05 in chips) Cicia: posts small blind $0.25ChrisRichey: posts big blind $0.50*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to ChrisRichey [9s 7s]Teufonz: raises $1.50 to $2davo124: calls $2winchamp: folds Cicia: folds ChrisRichey: calls $1.50*** FLOP *** [3s 7c 2s]ChrisRichey: checks Teufonz: bets $4davo124: folds ChrisRichey: raises $42.35 to $46.35 and is all-inTeufonz: calls $42.35*** TURN *** [3s 7c 2s] [Qs]*** RIVER *** [3s 7c 2s Qs] [3d]*** SHOW DOWN ***ChrisRichey: shows [9s 7s] (a flush, Queen high)Teufonz: mucks hand ChrisRichey collected $96.95 from pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $98.95 | Rake $2 Board [3s 7c 2s Qs 3d]Seat 1: davo124 folded on the FlopSeat 3: winchamp (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 4: Cicia (small blind) folded before FlopSeat 5: ChrisRichey (big blind) showed [9s 7s] and won ($96.95) with a flush, Queen highSeat 6: Teufonz mucked [Js Jc]PokerStars Game #6875573081: Hold'em No Limit ($0.25/$0.50) - 2006/11/03 - 07:15:47 (ET)Table 'Golson' 6-max Seat #6 is the buttonSeat 1: davo124 ($49.30 in chips) Seat 2: 1234don ($60.85 in chips) Seat 3: winchamp ($80.95 in chips) Seat 4: AAceman ($48.50 in chips) Seat 5: ChrisRichey ($105.95 in chips) Seat 6: Teufonz ($61.25 in chips) davo124: posts small blind $0.251234don: posts big blind $0.50*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to ChrisRichey [9s 9d]winchamp: folds AAceman: folds ChrisRichey: raises $1.50 to $2Teufonz: raises $2 to $4davo124: folds 1234don: folds ChrisRichey: calls $2*** FLOP *** [8h 7d 9h]ChrisRichey: bets $5Teufonz: raises $52.25 to $57.25 and is all-inChrisRichey: calls $52.25*** TURN *** [8h 7d 9h] [Qs]*** RIVER *** [8h 7d 9h Qs] [4d]*** SHOW DOWN ***ChrisRichey: shows [9s 9d] (three of a kind, Nines)Teufonz: mucks hand ChrisRichey collected $120.25 from pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $123.25 | Rake $3 Board [8h 7d 9h Qs 4d]Seat 1: davo124 (small blind) folded before FlopSeat 2: 1234don (big blind) folded before FlopSeat 3: winchamp folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 4: AAceman folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 5: ChrisRichey showed [9s 9d] and won ($120.25) with three of a kind, NinesSeat 6: Teufonz (button) mucked [Kh Kc]

October Results (all live):Cash:10/20 Stud: +$1080 (15hrs)2/5 NLHE: +340 (5hrs)MTT's:$200 LHE: -$200$200 PLO: +$2400No November goals as I only have a bout 20hrs/mo for pokah. I do have a $200 Horse MTT in Nov that I'm hoping to pwn as the comp should be slim as well as I'll be up visiting a buddy in Ontario next weekend and he's promised me some easy games, so hopefully a nice month. Plus I turn 30 on the 8th so gg me.glglglglglglglglg

New goal: stop playing tournaments. I am bleeding away a lot of money that I make in cash games playing tournaments.So far this month I've been killing the 1/2 games for almost 6BB/100 over more than 1000 hands, but I am showing only a small profit.

well, my october goals were to do the crypto bonuses and my pokerroom one, so i didn't. november ones were studying and ignoring poker.so yesterday i actually multi-tabled LHE for the first time in months. got in my 5 table hours at William Hill for the month, plus a few hundred hands at pokerroom. overall it felt alright.i still have one full day of pokerroom left before november 7th, to clear my last bonus. after that i might do the cryptos or just forgettaboutit for awhile.

month is looking good so far. on pace to clear ~4k, which will put me 1k over my goal.just finished reading HOH2, planning on rereading it 1 or 2 more times this week. hopefully i can put a together 1 or 2 top 3's this month also... would make me really happy. im really trying to develop my donkaments game. taking down a tourney here and there would be a nice boost to my roll. i think tourneys are good for the mind, they are more "fun" than the grind grind grind of cash games. so far 6th is my best finish in a MTT, so looking to change that this month. also i am thinking i may need to start focusing on NL because thats what i like to primarily play when i play live, and once im rolled for 2/5NL i plan on playing live at least once a week....just ramblin...alright GL everyone....

so i decided i would play a little limit poker for a while...what are the good sites to play some .5/1 limit at these days?
anywhere they are soft, stars and tilt are the new major sites.

I've decided not to have goals with poker anymore. I'm just gonna play and play and play. I'm going to stop keeping track of how much I make through bonuses and rakeback. I'm going to stop tabulating how much I've made at the end of each month. I'm going to try to not pay attention if I'm even up or down for the day. I suspect this will cause a significant improvement in my winrate.

hmm..new goal is to just make 3k-4k. im taking a few days off...maybe like 10 or 14 or so...but i'm going to play some of the FTOPs events during this period..regardless, i dont expect to be back in the full swing of things till the 19th-20th...im also not moving in with my cousin anymore, at least not in the apartment we planned on...guess a lot of stuff just kinda odd now...so we'll see....- Jordan

i think tourneys are good for the mind, they are more "fun" than the grind grind grind of cash games.
here's my theory:tourneys are more fun for you because you don't perceive yourself as a strong tourney player. However, when you struggle through a few cash sessions, it feels like a damn grind. As you get more confidence and improve your tourney game, going out on some stupid beats will not be fun.but yeah, tournies are more fun, anyway.

Yeah, I agree. I think I have a big edge in NLHE MTTs, but I just don't like to play them. Most of the time, you're just sitting back and waiting, and then when you do a play a hand (at least after the first hour or two), it's one simple decision that's almost mathematical. When you do get it in, there's a huge element of luck involved that can render the whole night worthless with the turn of one card.I greatly prefer playing SHLHE cash games where you can get a lot of intensive reads on people, and are making tons of intricate decisions all the time. There's so many different creative things you can do too, like sneaking in an extra-bet with a river check/raise or three-bet bluffing the turn because you have queen high and think villian's bluffing you with king high.Personally, I'd say that cash games are way more "fun" than tournaments. Sometimes, I do like to play SnGs for entertainment, but making a four hour time commitment to have the turn of one card decide your whole night isn't really my favorite way to play poker.

here's my theory:tourneys are more fun for you because you don't perceive yourself as a strong tourney player. However, when you struggle through a few cash sessions, it feels like a damn grind. As you get more confidence and improve your tourney game, going out on some stupid beats will not be fun.but yeah, tournies are more fun, anyway.
i've actually been destroying cash games....i just think overall that tourneys are more "fun" i LOVE cash games dont get me wrong, but in tourneys there are the fun squeeze plays and such....i actually feel i have quite an equity edge in the tourneys i choose to play. and trust me i've had some sick beats in tourneys to go out. beats dont really bother me much anymore for some reason...just reaffirms the fact im outplaying people and that later on my hands will hold up and i'll get lucky. when that happens...i'll take down a nice pay day
I'm going to stop keeping track of how much I make through bonuses and rakeback. I'm going to stop tabulating how much I've made at the end of each month. I'm going to try to not pay attention if I'm even up or down for the day. I suspect this will cause a significant improvement in my winrate.
antistuff, I have tried this tactic twice with the same theory that you're throwing out there. it absolutely did not work for me. good luck, though.IMJSAPT
antistuff, I have tried this tactic twice with the same theory that you're throwing out there. it absolutely did not work for me. good luck, though.IMJSAPT
at worst it will make no difference. at best it could have a huge positive impact on the psychological aspect of my game.

Well, it wasn't a goal when I started the month, but I decided to splurge on some Big Sundays. Worked out pretty well. Makes me want to do it again next Sunday.

Well, it wasn't a goal when I started the month, but I decided to splurge on some Big Sundays. Worked out pretty well. Makes me want to do it again next Sunday.
I saw you cashed in the Stars Mil and the FTP tourney. How much was it for total? And Congrats of course.

Had my best month ever last month: + $87,000. Switched most of my play to Bodog in the middle of the month and the games are soft. This month has been HORRIBLE, but it's my fault. For some reason I began 4 tabling the 25-50NL game on Full Tilt. Got destroyed, not really, but stuck about $37,000 this month in that game. They are ridculously aggressive. Going back down to 5-10NL and 10-20NL. After the first fews days of the month, the swings at these limits will feel like nothing.

I saw you cashed in the Stars Mil and the FTP tourney. How much was it for total? And Congrats of course.
Cashed for $562 on FTP and $2246 on Stars.

Well, narrowly missed my largest winning session last night (would have had it if I quit at my peak). Did manage to get my longest online session though at 10 1/2 hours. Also, had far and away my largest upswing within a session, as from my low point to my peak, it was over 190 BB. Here's a graph of the proceedings, about ninety percent 30/60 and ten percent 15/30:longdayzb0.jpg