Having a damn good month despite not playing much. Most play is at 10-20NL and the occasional shot at 25-50NL when there is a good game. Most of my time has been spent helping kes this month. I know he doesn't want to air his bad run, but he has been getting coolered like I have never seen before and taking some absolutely horrible beats; give him some words of encouragment, he needs it. I wish I could lend him some my luckbox. I'm going back to So Cal for Thanksgivining on Wendsday, so I doubt I will play much more this month. graphyt1.jpg

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess who is back playing $25PLO?After dropping 450$ at $50PLO tables on stars today i decided to drop back untill i regain my confidence.Although i still have 50 buy-ins for $50PLO i think i should stick to $25 for a while more because 1)I am not as good as i think i am. 2)I need a bigger bankroll to play comfortably in that level.I am gonna play for 6 days this week.Then 2 weeks of exams.Then i ll reconsider moving up.
check out pokerroom (and skins). they're bonuses aren't great, but you'll get points even at the $25 level, so that's pretty good. the level of play at $25-50 PLO8 is laughable.
I remember reading an interview tih Michael Mizrachi.He was saying In cash games there is nothing wrong with folding the best hand sometimes.
he's wrong, if he's referring to bankroll reasons. from what i've read/heard/seen from mizrachi, he's not a particularly good source for fundamentals.

Six months from now, my graph's going to look like that. Right now though, things aren't going so well. I had a really bad weekend on sports bets this week, (-$2,000), and lost another $3,500 or so playing poker too. I need to just put a lot of hours when the games are good (not when I happen to be in the mood to play at 9 AM) until I get back on track for a while.

Mid month report... not very good. I'm actually up $2,174. Got stacked on my last hand of the night and didn't get the final hand in my hand hisory. I'm honestly not tilting when I get stacked. I LOST WITH QUADS 3 TIMES THIS WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm going to make a video probably tommorow before I leave for my mom's house for Thanksgiving. I need more people to analyze my play. Hope everyone is having a better month than I am.P.S. Does anyone know if Full Tilt will send me hand histories?graphqm4.jpgEdit: you told me you were doing "ok" this month marv.... seems a little better than that. Don't let my run affect you. Could you lend me money??????

if you lost with quads three times this week you're obviously just running horrible...keep on keeping on I guess.or take a break, like I did.- Jordan
I'm going home for Thanksgiving this week, so I guess that counts as a break; though I just bought a laptop. I can't really complain about losing with the quads though: I was never ahead in any of the three hands at any point. It's like Full Tilt is just mocking me. I hit my absolutely money card on the turn or river, get my money in and DOH! I was drawing dead the whole time. I can just picture a bunch of techs in India looking at their monitors and lauging at me.
you can save them to your hard drive under options - > hand history
I do have them saved on my hard drive, but the last hand I played last night, I got stacked and I guess I didn't wait for the HH to be written and just left the table.

I don't know if this will make you feel better about how you're running, but this is my month so far. Oh, and I also lost $900 on Bodog that's not included as well as another $1200 playing live last night. Plus, I'm down on my sports bets too.pokersucksnt3.jpg

If you're a low-limit player looking for some easy cash, learn how to play 2-7 TD now. I've been screwing around with these 5/10 games on Stars, and I've seen at least 6 or 7 hands where someone tried to use an ace like a low card. This one guy just kept doing it over and over and couldn't figure out why he kept losing.

You're usually drawing to a 7 or 8, but a 9 or 10 can win if no one hits right yeah. I'd never played before today, so I'm far from an expert. These hands are going to showdown about 80% of the time though, so bluffing's not too important.BTW, this is why I hate donkaments:PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)MP3 (t3470)CO (t5535)Button (t4950)SB (t1986)Hero (t2055)UTG (t6156)UTG+1 (t7631)MP1 (t4485)MP2 (t7920)Preflop: Hero is BB with 9diamond.gif, Adiamond.gif. 7 folds, SB raises to t1986, Hero calls t1786.Flop: (t3972) Qspade.gif, Qclub.gif, 9heart.gif(2 players)Turn: (t3972) 2heart.gif(2 players)River: (t3972) 7heart.gif(2 players)Final Pot: t3972Results:SB has Ah 3h (flush, ace high). Hero has 9d Ad (two pair, queens and nines). Outcome: SB wins t3972.I actually let myself celebrate after the nine came even with the backdoor hearts still possible. The worst part is that the next hand with 50 chips or so, I flopped a set of jacks against KK, and would have doubled up again to 8000. It's not like it was even a big tourney and I wasn't that deep, but I remember we were having the discussion about whether tourneys or cash games were more fun a while ago, and this is why I choose the latter even after running awful for a week and a half. You play for hours and your whole session comes down to whether you're on the right side of one of these stupid 70/30s.

I guess the play is a little better at $.50/$1.00. :club: I've rarely seen someone go to showdown with worse than a 9. I'm getting killed. On every site. In all forms of poker. I suck. True story.

Finally, got some good luck. Followed a super-LAG fish to a 30/60 table and won $1,600 in 4 minutes before he left. I just have to post some of these:PokerStars 30/60 Hold'em (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)Preflop: Hero is UTG with A :club: , J :) . Hero raises, 2 folds, LAG-fish calls.Flop: (4.50 SB) 2 :P , 8 :D , J :club:(2 players)LAG-fish checks, Hero bets, LAG-fish raises, Hero 3-bets, LAG-fish caps, Hero calls.Turn: (6.25 BB) 3 :D(2 players)LAG-fish bets, Hero calls.River: (8.25 BB) Q :D(2 players)LAG-fish bets, Hero calls.Final Pot: 10.25 BBResults in white below: LAG-fish has 2s 9d (one pair, twos). Hero has Ad Js (one pair, jacks). Outcome: Hero wins 10.25 BB. PokerStars 30/60 Hold'em (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)Preflop: Hero is SB with 7spade.gif, 7club.gif. UTG raises, LAG-fish calls, Hero 3-bets, BB calls, UTG calls, LAG-fish caps, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG calls.Flop: (16 SB) 9spade.gif, 5heart.gif, 9club.gif(4 players)Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, LAG-fish bets, Hero raises, BB folds, UTG folds, LAG-fish 3-bets, Hero calls.Turn: (11 BB) Jspade.gif(2 players)Hero checks, LAG-fish bets, Hero calls.River: (13 BB) Kdiamond.gif(2 players)Hero checks, LAG-fish bets, Hero calls.Final Pot: 15 BBResults in white below: LAG-fish has Ad 4c (one pair, nines). Hero has 7s 7c (two pair, nines and sevens). Outcome: Hero wins 15 BB. PokerStars 30/60 Hold'em (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)Preflop: Hero is BB with J :) , A :club: . 2 folds, LAG-fish raises, Hero 3-bets, LAG-fish caps, Hero calls.Flop: (8 SB) A :) , K :club: , 8 :P(2 players)LAG-fish bets, Hero raises, LAG-fish 3-bets, Hero caps, LAG-fish calls.Turn: (8 BB) T :club:(2 players)LAG-fish bets, Hero calls.River: (10 BB) 2 :club:(2 players)LAG-fish bets, Hero calls.Final Pot: 12 BBResults in white below: LAG-fish has 7h Th (one pair, tens). Hero has Jd Ac (one pair, aces). Outcome: Hero wins 12 BB.

I guess the play is a little better at $.50/$1.00. :club: I've rarely seen someone go to showdown with worse than a 9. I'm getting killed. On every site. In all forms of poker. I suck. True story.
Sounds like the run I've been on lately. I feel your pain.
Sounds like the run I've been on lately. I feel your pain.
Seems like my run on $50PLO and $100PLO.I feel you both.
Iggy - if you saw him take that line with all those hands (and presumably others), why did you shut down on the turn every time?
that was my thinking. the first AJ hand seems to be begging for a turn raise, and the last hand a turn or river raise seems easy.

Well, like I said, I was at the table for four minutes. The first hand, I hadn't seen him do this yet. When I followed him, it was more that the average pot size was huge and in the 50 hands or so I had on him previously, he was a 55/10. I really had no idea that he was going this crazy. I actually had a feeling I was ahead, and almost raised anyway, but figured a call down was better.These are the worst hands for him. When he hit something, he played it the same way too. The third hand, I was definitely planning on raising the turn until the ten came off, but I figured that made two many two pair hands. I probably should have thrown a river raise in there on the last hand in hindsight, although I do think he'd three-bet any two pair or better there and just call with any one pair hand.