Bad night last night. Got stuck a few thousand playing 30/60, and then went to play HU 50/100 with someone at the table who didn't seem very good, and folded a ton PF HU which can't be right from a game theory standpoint, but they apparently play higher limits than me, and probably knew what they were doing. Anyway, after losing $3,600 or so there, I kept playing 30/60 and 50/100 trying to get not even, but closer to even, and didn't really do a lot of winning. I ended up losing 10K or so for the night. I'm going to take a couple days off from poker, and when I get back, I'm not playing anything over 15/30 for the rest of the month. Looking at my winrates on PT, it's retarded to play anything else.15/30 (4,900 hands): +4.8 BB/10030/60 (8,300 hands): +0.2 BB/10050/100 (1,100 hands): -11.5 BB/100Not that the 30/60 games aren't incredibly soft on the weekends, and not that the 50/100 games are even much tougher than the 30/60 games, but I need to just stick with a game I can beat easily until I'm more comfortable with the swings. Anything over $3,000, it sticks at me and I don't want to quit even if the games aren't good. With how prevalent 50 BB swings are in that game, it's stupid to keep playing there.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bad night last night. Got stuck a few thousand playing 30/60, and then went to play HU 50/100 with someone at the table who didn't seem very good, and folded a ton PF HU which can't be right from a game theory standpoint, but they apparently play higher limits than me, and probably knew what they were doing. Anyway, after losing $3,600 or so there, I kept playing 30/60 and 50/100 trying to get not even, but closer to even, and didn't really do a lot of winning. I ended up losing 10K or so for the night. I'm going to take a couple days off from poker, and when I get back, I'm not playing anything over 15/30 for the rest of the month. Looking at my winrates on PT, it's retarded to play anything else.15/30 (4,900 hands): +4.8 BB/10030/60 (8,300 hands): +0.2 BB/10050/100 (1,100 hands): -11.5 BB/100Not that the 30/60 games aren't incredibly soft on the weekends, and not that the 50/100 games are even much tougher than the 30/60 games, but I need to just stick with a game I can beat easily until I'm more comfortable with the swings. Anything over $3,000, it sticks at me and I don't want to quit even if the games aren't good. With how prevalent 50 BB swings are in that game, it's stupid to keep playing there.
Oddly enough I played a HU match last night, (NL) and the guy kept min raising everything.and I raise often, but when i would raise he would min raise it. Me not wanting to push with weak ace, or K,x etc... i ended up getting into the habit of letting him have the last min raise, then he would lead out flops with min raises, I'd re-raise, and he consistantly called.He had to be the worst HU player i have ever seen, he never made big raises, except post flop, on occasion he would bet like triple the pot for some reason.But, He had pockets jacks 3 times in about 10 mins, and was really tilting me that he was winning hands

Nah, he/she was challenging someone else to a HU match, and I was thinking "Well, I've done awesome at HU in the 1,000 or so hands I've played. I bet I could win here too." Honestly, that was the decision that really sent my night downhill. Most of it was just getting killed by the deck (my pocket pairs lost to undercards multiple times), but there were some spots that I could have saved bets and didn't. From the table talk later on though, this person seemed to be friends with Jennicide, (I was playing with her for a while too, my game selection was AWESOME last night) and I get the feeling that they were a regular at games significantly higher than 30/60.

Oh, and not to turn this into a bad beat thread or to blame my night on bad beats, but here's the hand that killed my comeback. Take special note of the flop call by villian.PokerStars 50/100 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)Preflop: Hero is BB with Jdiamond.gif, Jclub.gif. 1 fold, MP raises, CO calls, 1 fold, SB 3-bets, Hero caps, MP folds, CO calls, SB calls.Flop: (14 SB) 9diamond.gif, 6club.gif, Aheart.gif(3 players)SB checks, Hero bets, CO folds, SB calls.Turn: (8 BB) Kheart.gif(2 players)SB checks, Hero bets, SB calls.River: (10 BB) Jspade.gif(2 players)SB bets, Hero raises, SB 3-bets, Hero calls.Final Pot: 16 BBResults in white below: SB has Th Qc (straight, ace high). Hero has Jd Jc (three of a kind, jacks). Outcome: SB wins 16 BB.

From the table talk later on though, this person seemed to be friends with Jennicide, (I was playing with her for a while too, my game selection was AWESOME last night) and I get the feeling that they were a regular at games significantly higher than 30/60.
Overrated from what ive seen.Only gets mentioned because she's a decent looking girl.(not saying she's shitty, just not exceptional from what ive seen)edit:First 500 hands at 15/30, up about a buy in. Yhey.

3/6 Live is fun...Played for about 2h 15 mins tonight... profit = $400.I also took 2nd in a $110 12 man tourney (turbo crapshoot) at the B and M for $360.Best B and M night by far.Also, my online BR is about $1400 at the moment, so up almost $600 for the month online.Weeeeeeeeeeee.Still need to find a home though.- Zach

Hands? Hours? Results? Dreams?-----My goals dont change much, but for those who REALLY care, here they are.Ive decided against starting on stars until january of 07 because my progress towards supernova will be shot once the clock rolls around. Stars has tried to be accomodating, but it wont fit in with my schedule. So it will have to wait. 25k hands between 2/4 and 10/20 on Absolute. Emphasis on 3/6 and 5/10.ALWAYS 6 tabling. No more wasting time.Which means it should take me about 50 hours, or 12 hours a week.My expected results are in the area of $6,000, plus whatever i win in the tournaments that offer gives me for free. ------Last month (with one day to go) i played 30k hands, and just came short of $7,000. Im quite happy with how it went except that i feel i could have played more 5/10 and less 2/4... i need to force myself to get out of my comfort zone. For reference, i made less than 1/3rd of that at my full time job (in canadian funds, before taxes) yet i put in 3 times as many hours. It kills me to waste so many hours in that office. Only a month and a week left until my contract is up.... and im counting the days.
All Live145 hours logged in 20 sessions70% at 30-60, 20% at 40-80 with 10% NL.11 winning sessions (+$14,520)9 losing sessions (-$10,500)Net for month (+$4,020)Overall a dissappointing month winning less than half a big bet an hour.Some severe losing sessions where draws just seemed to never come and second best set was the norm.Oh well......onward and forward!!!!!!!!!Dreams - to win the Five Diamond Main Event next month!!!!!

ok changing my goals from originally posted:originally i had like $45 and i was owning the $3 SNGs on starsthen i hit a ad streak/played bad and lost most of it, got 2 huge beats and went brokemy friend staked me $20 last night, im up to $35 right now and i want to try and get to 70 by the end of the month and pay him back the $50 i owe him

So I just had my second $2k MTT cash of the week. Pretty darn cool. Little frustrated that I came second to a complete donkey, but he did have half the chips in play when we were down to 7 players (and I was the shortstack), so I suppose I can't be too disappointed.

ok changing my goals from originally posted:originally i had like $45 and i was owning the $3 SNGs on starsthen i hit a ad streak/played bad and lost most of it, got 2 huge beats and went brokemy friend staked me $20 last night, im up to $35 right now and i want to try and get to 70 by the end of the month and pay him back the $50 i owe him
I don't mean to be a **** here but wouldn't you be better off getting a job and work a few weeks for $600-$700 to get a bankroll then spend hour after hour grinding out .5 cents an hour?

+2.2k playing a mix of 2/4 3/6 LHE and 100 NLHE 100 PLO/PLO8almost to my goal for the month and it's only 1/3rd through...probably moving back up to 5/10 within the next week or so, hopefully can jump to 200NL and 200PLO/PLO8 within the month also. looking to hit 10k by new years eve.

Guess who is back playing $25PLO?After dropping 450$ at $50PLO tables on stars today i decided to drop back untill i regain my confidence.Although i still have 50 buy-ins for $50PLO i think i should stick to $25 for a while more because 1)I am not as good as i think i am. 2)I need a bigger bankroll to play comfortably in that level.I am gonna play for 6 days this week.Then 2 weeks of exams.Then i ll reconsider moving up.

Guess who is back playing $25PLO?After dropping 450$ at $50PLO tables on stars today i decided to drop back untill i regain my confidence.Although i still have 50 buy-ins for $50PLO i think i should stick to $25 for a while more because 1)I am not as good as i think i am. 2)I need a bigger bankroll to play comfortably in that level.I am gonna play for 6 days this week.Then 2 weeks of exams.Then i ll reconsider moving up.
I did that with NL 6 max, much easier on the emotions.
How did it go?
it went well, I dropped down remembered that everyone who re raises me isn't always trying to push me off my hand. Won back most of the money I lost. Now back in the saddle again.
it went well, I dropped down remembered that everyone who re raises me isn't always trying to push me off my hand. Won back most of the money I lost. Now back in the saddle again.
Good to hear.I decided to give myself another 10 buy in credit tho.I have to learn to beat this level sooner or later.
remembered that everyone who re raises me isn't always trying to push me off my hand.
I remember reading an interview tih Michael Mizrachi.He was saying In cash games there is nothing wrong with folding the best hand sometimes.

As of today its been 1 month since I took my 17,000 FPP and entered three of those 5400fpp sngs and managed to win 430$ worth of t$.After a run of.HU sngs for t$ to $ conversion25nl50nl100nl5/10 lhe200nland recently 10/20 and a little 400 nl I am currently sitting at 9100. Hopefully can finish the month of november strong and go into dec with a br in the 12-15k range.