Weekend was good. Increased BR by 20% even though Lee was seriously screwing me. I've never seen so many one outers. Probably woulda been a 50% increase if my hands actually held. Here is one of my favorites. I can't believe I left all these donks at stars.0.5/1 NLKrup UTG ($130)UTG+1 ($202)Krup A :P K :) Krup raises to $4, UTG+1 calls $4, 7 foldsFlop: K :club: 3 :P 2 :D (Pot $9.5)Krup bet $9, UTG+1 calls $9Turn: J :) (Pot $27.5)Krup bets $21, UTG+1 calls $21River: J :D (Pot $69)Krup bets $48, UTG+1 calls $48ShowdownKrup (A :club: K :club: ) pair of kingsUTG+1 (J :) 9 :D ) three of a kind jacks

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

krup how is 100nl at ps? its somewhat soft on ftp but I am always lookin for more fish
its nowhere near what is was about a yr ago but its still very very fishy. So many tables, so many players. I look for high average pots and large waiting lists and you will typically find your fish there.definitely more fishy than ftp

Learn to play anywhere with anyone and you wont care where you play.Sometimes you have to think you're the best player at the table.p.s., My live play still running gooot, but online i'm slowly getting there. difficult comeback, but i'm sure i'll easily pass the goals

I'm a few days late but whatever....This is the first time I have set any particular goals for a month. November GoalsGet bankroll up to $750Sat into one Sunday Million on StarsFT a $10+1 180 sngedit: current bankroll $250

Week 1 progress report......Oct's success has carried over into Nov so far. BR is up almost 50% from the beginning of the month. Surprisingly, I haven't played as many hands as I thought I would to this point. Jumped into a few more SnG's than usual as well. Took a shot at a $20+$2 18 seat on Stars, finished 2nd. Play was alot different than the $10+$1 and lower, alot more re-raises, re-re-raises and check raises.Things are moving along very well. Hoping for continued success to everyone, improvements for those who are not performing the way they hoped to.

Week 1 progress report......Oct's success has carried over into Nov so far. BR is up almost 50% from the beginning of the month. Surprisingly, I haven't played as many hands as I thought I would to this point. Jumped into a few more SnG's than usual as well. Took a shot at a $20+$2 18 seat on Stars, finished 2nd. Play was alot different than the $10+$1 and lower, alot more re-raises, re-re-raises and check raises.Things are moving along very well. Hoping for continued success to everyone, improvements for those who are not performing the way they hoped to.
That's a nice way to start the week!My experience is different. I've only FTed 1/8 $4.40's so far (and that for a measely 5th place, I think). Stars keeps killing me with 2-outers and 3-outers. My STT's are only running at 5% ROI because I'm a huge donkey, and I try to make something out of nothing when card dead. And life tilt made me miss the big Stars $5 MTT on Sunday afternoon (usually 2000+ entrants...god it's juicy).Oh well, it's early. At least I'm making money at the ring games.

Tried 4-tabling the 15/30 FR games for a couple hours, and it's really not difficult at all. I made one misclick that cost me a couple bets, and I forgot to look at the HUD stats before making my decision a couple times, but overall, it was actually slower than 2-tabling 4-handed most of the time. Even when one of my tables got down to 3-handed, I still had no problem keeping up. Honestly, if I had a big enough monitor that it didn't strain my eyes, and if there were enough tables available, I think I could handle 5 or 6 tables there.It is a little bit dull, but I think I'm going to try to play more tables during the week from now on. I can still save the weekend for playing less tables at higher limits, although I did mix in just a little bit of three-tabling the 30/60 SH games on Sunday, and that wasn't all that difficult either. Anyway, I made $1,600 in my quick session tonight, putting me up $8,200 for the month. I think as long as I keep putting a lot of hands in, I could end up well above my high monetary goal of $20,000 this month.

Still running pretty bad, but trudging along. I lost with a straight flush and quads in the same session 2 days ago; that's just not much fun. At least I'm up :club: To make myself feel better during this run, I have bought myself stuff. I bought a laptop with 1600x1200 so I can play when I go home for Thanksgiving break. I bought myself about 4k worth of clothes. I bought the new IPod Nano. The fruits of my hard work. Anybody going to be in the LA area from the 15th to the 26th? I might want to play live at Commerce or the Bike. PM if you wanna roll.graphss0.jpg

You've played 6-9 tables of 30/60 successfully for a large number of hands?
My buddy on 2+2 8 tables 20/40 and higher for a winrate of 2.8+ BB/100. It was kind of hard to believe, but PokerTracker tells the truth. Just insane. Some people just have that knack. His sample size is well over 200,000 hands so it's not a fluke.
I've decided not to have goals with poker anymore. I'm just gonna play and play and play. I'm going to stop keeping track of how much I make through bonuses and rakeback. I'm going to stop tabulating how much I've made at the end of each month. I'm going to try to not pay attention if I'm even up or down for the day. I suspect this will cause a significant improvement in my winrate.
This is something that me and my coach have gone over. Stop worrying about monetary results and just play good poker and get in alot of hands. If you lose, you lose, as long as you played well. Hopefully, this will turn things around. Does anyone like the idea of posting videos here and having people critique the play. It's always good to have as many people observing your play as possible.
My buddy on 2+2 8 tables 20/40 and higher for a winrate of 2.8+ BB/100 . It was kind of hard to believe, but PokerTracker tells the truth. Just insane. Some people just have that knack. His sample size is well over 200,000 hands so it's not a fluke.
WTF I WANT THATshort handed or fr?
I bought myself about 4k worth of clothes
if you're not a girl, you should be.I haven't bought 4k worth of clothes total, in the last 15 years. Seriously.
. Does anyone like the idea of posting videos here and having people critique the play. It's always good to have as many people observing your play as possible.
yeah.Because we have no other way to post hands here.Or do you mean entire sessions?I"m confused.
if you're not a girl, you should be.I haven't bought 4k worth of clothes total, in the last 15 years. Seriously.yeah.Because we have no other way to post hands here.Or do you mean entire sessions?I"m confused.
loooooooool4k does seem a bit much..must be a LA thing.after i won my "big" score in a tournament months ago I bought the most expensive piece of clothing...some jeans for like $180...and I thought that was a lot...lol- Jordan
loooooooool4k does seem a bit much..must be a LA thing.after i won my "big" score in a tournament months ago I bought the most expensive piece of clothing...some jeans for like $180...and I thought that was a lot...lol- Jordan
I don't spend that much on clothes but cargo shorts and Tshirts (summer) Hoodie and jeans (winter) are not that expensive.1stweeknov.jpgMy results, add in another $60-70 in rake back, plus a another $150 in bonus. Meh not a bad week. I was running bad so I dropped down in limits for a little while.
if you're not a girl, you should be.I haven't bought 4k worth of clothes total, in the last 15 years. Seriously.yeah.Because we have no other way to post hands here.Or do you mean entire sessions?I"m confused.
I'm talking about entire sessions. It's hard to give quality advice on a hand when we don't understand the table dynamics, which are hard to describe.I always buy expensive clothes. I'm not a baller, but when I do spend my money, I really don't see the need to be frugal.
My buddy on 2+2 8 tables 20/40 and higher for a winrate of 2.8+ BB/100 . It was kind of hard to believe, but PokerTracker tells the truth. Just insane. Some people just have that knack. His sample size is well over 200,000 hands so it's not a fluke.
The fact that this is possible is really encouraging.Id be content 6 tabling weak games when available and beating them for 1BB/100 (otherwise play 5/10 where i expect 2BB/100). That's still in the area of a quarter million a year, if you put in 30 hours a week.

I don't really want you playing at the same tables as me, but I'm 95% sure that you could beat the 15/30 FR tables on Stars for this amount. Maybe even 1.5 BB/100. Sometimes you'd have a hard time finding that many 15/30 tables, but if you mixed sites, I'm sure it would be no problem.

I've decided to drop back down to .5/1. I have almost 3.5 times the winrate there than at 1/2.I guess i'll have to jump back up to 1/2 to clear any bonuses at crypto sites.

I've spent the last month and a half getting back into SHLHE and its been really fun. Haven't had any time to play a significant amount of hands but when I do I'll post some results. (could be a long ways away)

New Goal. No more NL cash games. I lost $150 this morning one buy-in at a $50 NL table and one at a $100 NL table, both times putting all my money in with 2 pair and losing to a flopped straight and a flopped set respectively. Obviously, I suck balls at NL cash games and need to stop bleeding money into the them. I need to stick to grinding the turbo SnGs, LHE on Bodog (JUICY) and learning O/8 at the .25/.50 level. I can do this and end the month up a couple hundo I'll consider it a success.