Recent Jamie Gold Interview....must Listen

Listen, The guy just won the ME. Why wouldn't you be a little more friendly and compassionate to the guys you just beat. You have 12 million dollars and a ton of indorsement deals coming your way, but instead you talk trash about the only pro at your table? It's just not smart business?Maybe he just wanted the money and nothing else to do with Poker.Ps. Yes we do have Espn in Toronto. Through TSN which airs espn programming and also espn classics. If you want the live feed you need to get Unathorized satelite. WSOP ME was carried by PPV so you didn't need to Subscrive to espn to watch it:)

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to like this guy. After watching him on ppv he looked like he was a really good tournament player. But after listening to that **** I can't stand the guy anymore. I mean jesus christ this guy is in love with himself. I cannot listen to this crap anymore.

He is an agent or at least in that business, of course he is going to take about how great he is. He is promoting his brand, which annoys the hell out of me. I wonder if 1/3rd of the things he said were true.

Listen, The guy just won the ME. Why wouldn't you be a little more friendly and compassionate to the guys you just beat. You have 12 million dollars and a ton of indorsement deals coming your way, but instead you talk trash about the only pro at your table? It's just not smart business?Maybe he just wanted the money and nothing else to do with Poker.Ps. Yes we do have Espn in Toronto. Through TSN which airs espn programming and also espn classics. If you want the live feed you need to get Unathorized satelite. WSOP ME was carried by PPV so you didn't need to Subscrive to espn to watch it:)
Thats what i'm saying. We do NOT have espn. And i am well aware of the PPV, i ordered it.

Just opened this thread for the first time, not being unable to listen to the interview (my sounds are fuxored up atm) I scrolled through most of the post which had quotes from our dear mister gold.Oh ****, it makes me mad in a level i thought didn't even know existed :/

He is an agent or at least in that business, of course he is going to take about how great he is. He is promoting his brand, which annoys the hell out of me. I wonder if 1/3rd of the things he said were true.
For the record, less than 1/3 of the agent stuff was true. THere's a thread in the Poker News section that DN put up with a link to an article saying that Gold was at the very most a junior junior assistant.

Teffy, You are missing the point Bro.He was degrading Canadians with that statement as though we have no idea what espn is? Come on anyone that listened to that couldn't have admired the guy for his humility!The guys acts as though he is teh greatest gift to POKER!" No one ever played like me in the history of the game. I pretty much told people you can't beat me if you call, and they called so I WON"Don't tell me you are a Fan teffy?

MuhahahahahaI totally forgot about that one. It was funny when the guy asked him " So did any of your ex clients call to congradulate you?"" aahh No, but my assistant did"Classic

Jamie Gold is only doing what every good wannabe player in Hollywood does... lies about ones resume! I wouldn't doubt for a second that in actuality he's really the coffee fetcher for the "real" agent of these people he's referring too!I bet retired FBI profiler Joe Navarro wold tell you Gold is a psychopath, for many reasons, the main one being he cares about no one but himself. This comes across very clear in the way he speaks. The part in the interview where they start to talk about helping out Lou Gehrig's "the charity" he immediately starts talking about providing the best care for is sick dad, this is all fine and good but he made no mention of donating any money to help find a cure. I'm not saying every person that wins money playing poker should all of a sudden start donating money to charity but how stand up would it be if Gold would pledge even a fraction of the amount that David Einhorn donated to the Michael J Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research. Gold just won $12 million he's going to need a tax right off somewhere. And if he's as good a poker player as he says he is, he'll win every tournament until the end of time, so money shouldn't really matter to him.Gold is the biggest @$$ on the planet right now.

I've been a lurker on this forum for a while, but I finally took the time to register solely to say this.This thread is making me sick, I don't know if the majority of the posters here are just pathetically envious, extremely immature or simply twelve years old, or all of the above. He won the Main Event and twelve million dollars, he's cocky. Wow, a cocky poker player? Call the cops! How can you let this get on your nerves? Learn to LOOSEN UP and get a life. HOW OLD ARE YOU PEOPLE???! A truly embarassing thread.I'm sure Jamie Gold is laughing all the way to the bank.

I've been a lurker on this forum for a while, but I finally took the time to register solely to say this.This thread is making me sick, I don't know if the majority of the posters here are just pathetically envious, extremely immature or simply twelve years old, or all of the above. He won the Main Event and twelve million dollars, he's cocky. Wow, a cocky poker player? Call the cops! How can you let this get on your nerves? Learn to LOOSEN UP and get a life. HOW OLD ARE YOU PEOPLE???! A truly embarassing thread.I'm sure Jamie Gold is laughing all the way to the bank.
I would have agreed with you during the day of the final table when everyone was calling him a donkey and saying he had no clue how to play poker. He played quite well with the chip lead I thought.However, every action and statement he has made since winning has just been appalling. It is beyond cocky....it is a pathological need to toot his own horn and denigrate all those he beat. Plus, it appears that most of what he has said about his own agenting career is a complete lie. Not to mention his absurd claim that he is the basis for the Ari Gold character in entourage (The creator of the show Marky Mark! has basically said that the character is based on an actual famous agent Ari Emmannuel.)
Okay I didn't even talk shit about Gold here (except to say that telling your opponent your cards is cheating), but did you listen to this interview? If Allen Cunningham had won and then given an interview like that I would think he is a complete assclown too.
Okay I didn't even talk shit about Gold here (except to say that telling your opponent your cards is cheating), but did you listen to this interview? If Allen Cunningham had won and then given an interview like that I would think he is a complete assclown too.
I didn't mean everyone in the thread, some comments here make good sense but most of them just blew me away. I did listen to the interview and I DO think he's an arrogant prick, this is true. But I'm just saying, why in the world would I let that get on my nerves? Why would I hate him? I'm not that immature, nor do I let my envy control my nerves on a forum like this. I've never met the guy and I never will. He's just another character, like Matusow or Hellmuth. Instead I laugh and enjoy the interview, as if this were Ari Gold from an episode of entourage. In fact some people here are so blinded by their hate, of this guy who've they've never met, that they dismiss his poker talent, twist everything he says in jest to make him look even dumber and make up false stories about him, I've noticed plenty. This is what I believe to be a truly pathetic characteristic.
I didn't mean everyone in the thread, some comments here make good sense but most of them just blew me away. I did listen to the interview and I DO think he's an arrogant prick, this is true. But I'm just saying, why in the world would I let that get on my nerves? Why would I hate him? I'm not that immature, nor do I let my envy control my nerves on a forum like this. I've never met the guy and I never will. He's just another character, like Matusow or Hellmuth. Instead I laugh and enjoy the interview, as if this were Ari Gold from an episode of entourage. In fact some people here are so blinded by their hate, of this guy who've they've never met, that they dismiss his poker talent, twist everything he says in jest to make him look even dumber and make up false stories about him, I've noticed plenty. This is what I believe to be a truly pathetic characteristic.
agree with most of what you say. jealousy plays a role in some of these comments. but I mean you heard the interview....this guy is unreal.I think his poker game is pretty solid....but we are talking about a guy here with a severe personality disorder or something.
Teffy, You are missing the point Bro.He was degrading Canadians with that statement as though we have no idea what espn is? Come on anyone that listened to that couldn't have admired the guy for his humility!The guys acts as though he is teh greatest gift to POKER!" No one ever played like me in the history of the game. I pretty much told people you can't beat me if you call, and they called so I WON"Don't tell me you are a Fan teffy?
hell no i'm not a fan. haven't even listened to the interview, just read the quotes. hate the muuuufuuccka.
Most people here are not hating on him due to his poker playing, or his victorty. It's the crap and bUllshIt that keeps coming out of his mouth. I think it deserves the backlash that it is generating.

Huh. I just listened.. He's definitely humble.But I can't really see why he's hateable.I will admit that if he really was doing what he says, the way he says he was doing it, it's on the border of, if not over the border of collusion. I guess in his mind, he stepped back from the precipice by saying "of course, sometimes it was true and sometimes it wasn't." But that stuff about protecting people, I don't know. I can see how the big stack could want certain people in for strategic reasons and play to make that happen and it wouldn't be collusion.Tough call.I wonder if WSOP can investigate that and what, if anything, could or would be done if they determined that collusion did occur.

It's the crap and bUllshIt that keeps coming out of his mouth.
Granted, I have not viewed the WSOP final table yet, since I don't wanna watch it without the cams. However, at the poker table there is a psychological warfare going on, and in this tourney where they're fighting over the largest prize pool in poker history you do what you gotta do to win. I understand he was trash talking, bullying, but this was obviously part of his play. This was his poker stragety that WORKED and got him twelve million dollars, he was successful! So I could never hate him for that, I just can't wait to see the lengths he went to achieve this. HE WON.
I'm about to hit my computer. Is it me, or does his "style" remind you of Tuan Le?DN, did you really say that stuff?
of course he didnt.he waid norman chad said he was the best tournement player in history...norman chad doesnt even comentate live, its all done after the event.also to that person who said that jealousy plays a part in these comments.grow up moron. why would people be lealous about something they know they had 1 in 8873 chance of getting. nobody is jealous of it, its just you saying that to fit the part of the "jamie gold let me shine his nut sack" clique
Granted, I have not viewed the WSOP final table yet, since I don't wanna watch it without the cams. However, at the poker table there is a psychological warfare going on, and in this tourney where they're fighting over the largest prize pool in poker history you do what you gotta do to win. I understand he was trash talking, bullying, but this was obviously part of his play. This was his poker stragety that WORKED and got him twelve million dollars, he was successful! So I could never hate him for that, I just can't wait to see the lengths he went to achieve this. HE WON.
hi I am the point and I am currently flying over your head.no one is talking about what he said at the table. they are hating on his unbelievably arrogant statements to the media AFTER winning. the sheer arrogance, the lies about his professional resume, the complete lack of any humility.I dont know how to make this more clear to you.
hi I am the point and I am currently flying over your head.no one is talking about what he said at the table. they are hating on his unbelievably arrogant statements to the media AFTER winning. the sheer arrogance, the lies about his professional resume, the complete lack of any humility.I dont know how to make this more clear to you.
haha, most people read that and laugh, you however blinded with your envious hatred actually despises him. That's pretty SAD.