My Apologies To Daniel

If bringing out tax irrelgularities is the issue, then this isn't going to do anything. The IRS has been after money for a long time, they are very good at it and they are not sitting in some room with CSPAN on, ignoring gamblers.Unless you can get a presidential pardon like Marc Rich did, you will pay your taxes.Ask Capone
Conspiracy Theory: The government initiated and facillitated the televising of high stakes poker and tourney's , so they could track exactly how much these guys bring in. (It all started basically w/ Moneymaker, and..isn't he an Accountant??).Glad Raynor did the right thing; lots of class here folks. I think this whole thing has lost steam; time to move on.
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, I knew about the first arrest, I'm interested in the ramifications to players that may own all or part of sites...Are they going to be subject to arrest in the near future?
Players dont own sites, they have marketing agreements.

I would never pretend to know anything about lawsuits or in this particular case the outcome of the WPT lawsuit but it never comes across well when two well respected, fantastic players and fantastic ambassadors for poker start bickering with each other in public. So naturally im delighted that both Daniel and Greg have the balls to agree to disagree on the subject and both apologising for their recent child like bickering.Pats on the back all round, lets just see what happens

Well put by both Daniel and Greg. That's definitely a great way to settle a dispute. Well done, duo. *plays Can you feel the Love tonight* by Elton John.
+1. Good going guys. :club:

"The "7" should have a big sit down behind closed doors, throw away the key and fight in out hidden from the media and keep hammering away until an acceptable agreement is reached"This pre-supposes the WPT feels they have anything to negotiate, or any reason to.Somebody up there said the players don't own sites...I could easily be wrong, but, I thought I heard some where that maybe guys like Ivey had pieces of sites...Sexton? Negreanu? Did Boyd open his again?Prolly none of my business anyway, never mind.

I predict the WPT will offer to change their release form to something acceptable to the Suited Seven, they will Settle for that and everybody will be happy. We can all then get back to the really important question of which Senators should be paid off to make sure the gambling bill doesn't pass that side of Congress. :club:

Players dont own sites, they have marketing agreements.
I don't believe that's the case in all instances. I'm pretty sure Phil Ivey has an ownership stake in Full Tilt for one. No doubt there are others out there (?)
I was wrong to insult Daniel. Whatever my feelings, I should have kept the negative comments to myself. They don't help me or the cause we are fighting in this lawsuit, and they might have been hurtful to Daniel. For that I am sorry, and I do apologize.While I am sure Daniel and I will continue to disagree on the issues surrounding the lawsuit, I hope we will both keep our comments positive. Both of us are capable of intelligent debate without insults. I know I intend to do my best to live up to this goal going forward.Thanks for your time and attention.Greg Raymer (FossilMan)
Your welcome to hang around greg, remeber we were all friends playin around kitchen tables before we won.

I am really glad to see that Raymer stepped up and appologized for his comments. I really respect someone who takes responsibility for their actions and can swallow their pride to admit when they are wrong. I hope that all of this lawsuit nonsense can come to a quick and silent end to ensure everyones well being regardless of the result, the longer this takes the worse it will become.

I don't believe that's the case in all instances. I'm pretty sure Phil Ivey has an ownership stake in Full Tilt for one. No doubt there are others out there (?)
Howard Lederer and Chris Fuergenson own shares in a holding company that owns full tilt. They do not directly own Full Tilt, but the own the company that owns Full Tilt. I am not sure if the if they are legal protected enough by this, that would be up to someone smarter then me. Phil Ivey has a marketing agreement with full tilt, as does Daniel with Full Contact Poker.