Official 2006 Wsop Main Event Thread

Someone needs to explain what LIVE coverage means to CP? How can you not have an update for 23 minutes when only two tables are going? What a joke!
because unlike the allin poker you fishies see on TV. A lot of poker is small pots of blinds and antes, there really no point in posting it. Youd be just as pissed if the had 10 updates in 23 minutes that all read "xxxxxx raises and takes down the pot"
Tue Aug 08 22:33:00 PDT 2006Chop ChopWith no raises, Michael Binger and Dan Nassif see a flop of 754. Both players check. The turn brings the 7. Binger fires out $200,000 and Nassif just calls. The river brings the 7 and Binger checks to Nassif who bets out $500,000. Binger calls and shows Q-7 for 7-7-7-5-5. Nassif, however, also shows a seven with K-7 in his hand. The players chop the pot. Rigged
i beat you
  • Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With no raises, Michael Binger and Dan Nassif see a flop of 754. Both players check. The turn brings the 7 . Binger fires out $200,000 and Nassif just calls. The river brings the 7 and Binger checks to Nassif who bets out $500,000. Binger calls and shows Q-7 for 7-7-7-5-5. Nassif, however, also shows a seven with K-7 in his hand. The players chop the pot. RIGGED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111
:club: Haha, I guess someone beat me to the punch.

kind of sick having the 2 big chipleaders at the same 6 handed table. cunningham isnt backing down though. at this point in this tournament hes gotta be the only one not sitting in a puddle of there own piss.

i beat you to telling you that i beat you
It's all true. :icon_cry:Tue Aug 08 22:55:00 PDT 2006Leif Force Eliminated in 11th Place ($1,154,527)Friberg, Force, Kim and Gold all see a flop of Q85 and everyone checks to Force who goes all-in for $320,000. Friberg calls and shows Q10. Force turns over A7 for the nut flush draw and an overcard. The turn is the 8 and river the K and Friberg is eliminated in 11th place. The remaining 10 players will be seated at the final table and will play until one more player is eliminated. One more to go.
because unlike the allin poker you fishies see on TV. A lot of poker is small pots of blinds and antes, there really no point in posting it. Youd be just as pissed if the had 10 updates in 23 minutes that all read "xxxxxx raises and takes down the pot"
PRetty sure that the CP updates last year were of every hand. Or was this only at the final table?
Cunningham is the man. He is going to win. That fish Gold is going to bluff all his chips off to Allen.
its expected, 1 big name pro and a bunch of random/small time pro's, its bound to happen. is it just me or is Allen been playing awesome the last few years?

Down to nine as Goldberg commits harey carey by going "all in" for $2.8 million from cutoff with QUEEN/3 OFFSUIT????????????????????? :club: He is called by Richard Lee who wakes up in the big blind with K/K.End of story.Final Table Seating and Chips:Seat 1 - Doug Lee - $11,820,000Seat 2 - Erik Friberg - $9,605,000Seat 3 - Paul Wasicka - $7,970,000Seat 4 - Dan Nassif - $2,600,000Seat 5 - Allen Cunningham - $17,770,000Seat 6 - Michael Binger - $3,140,000Seat 7 - Doug Kim - $6,770,000Seat 8 - Jamie Gold - $26,650,000Seat 9 - Rhett Butler - $4,815,000 (that guy in seat #8 has been slowly but surely pi**ing away his stack all night long) :D

Take a look at this photo:gold_jamie.jpgI'm a little confused about the denominations of the chips currently in play. My guess is the black/gold are 5K, the orange/yellow are 10K, and the orange/grey are 25K. Anybody know for sure? What happened to the beige colored 25K chips from last year's main event?Also, two of the denominations look WAY too much alike, at least in the photos. It seems like it would be very easy to eye somebody's stack incorrectly, and even easier to hide the bigger chips if one so desired.It looks like they will be coloring out the 5K chips at the end of the current level, so I hope I'm wrong and the orange/yellow chips are actually the 5Ks, so as alleviate any possible confusion.Finally, there's this comment from the CardPlayer coverage:A First For The WSOPIn the next level WSOP tournament directors will be introducing a new chip to the Main Event. The $100,000 chip will be put into play. The chip has been described by tournament directors as "mint green with chocolate."Yum.
I'm not sure if this has already been answered or not, but here are the values:The lighter colored orangish chips are $5k, the "Bumblebees" (black and yellow) are $10k, the red and yellow chips are $25k, and the green and chocolate chips are $100k.

Im lazy, deal with it...When is the final table going to air on ESPN? I have Friday scheduled on my tivo but if they are playing it tomorrow ill the ppv people bump it to tomorrow night? Anyone look into this yet? Muchos Gracias.

By Doug Lee, you mean Richard Lee right?Can you imagine the carnage Doug Lee could cause with his K2? >_<
yep but actually that was CP's ****up :D me? I'm just the king of cut 'n paste :club:

To chop or not, that is the questionSuppose the chip stacks were a bit more even and Gold and Cunningham didn't have 50% of what's in play. A 9 way chop would come to $4.2 million each, or a hundred grand better than third for eveybody. A final 4 chop would be $6.4 for each, or 300 grand better than second. Then, play for the bracelet and the "official" title. What would you do?

Im lazy, deal with it...When is the final table going to air on ESPN? I have Friday scheduled on my tivo but if they are playing it tomorrow ill the ppv people bump it to tomorrow night? Anyone look into this yet? Muchos Gracias.
Jade, I keep hearing it's tomorrow starting at noon. I'm heading to the Rio later today and if I hear anything different, I'll let you know here. No new threads in general.