Official 2006 Wsop Main Event Thread

Well, the main event start tomorrow. Although he took a big slump in the stud/8 tournament I think I'm going to put my money on Jeff Madsen. What are the odds on him? 3-1?

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the main event start tomorrow. Although he took a big slump in the stud/8 tournament I think I'm going to put my money on Jeff Madsen. What are the odds on him? 3-1?
He is on such a heater, I would take 3000-1...but no worse, and that's a sucker bet if I ever saw one.

yeah lolGood luck to anyone from here playing in itWhat are the odds someone from this forum wins?

Very slim indeed.Not degrading any players on the boards, but it's still going to be a crapshoot.I do hope a member here wins, but it's going to be a tough road.

Very slim indeed.Not degrading any players on the boards, but it's still going to be a crapshoot.I do hope a member here wins, but it's going to be a tough road.
i wasn't trying to degrade anybody by mycomment either. It will be a slim chance for ANYBODY to play. The best odds on the best player (not sports book odd, but like odds odds) would probably be around 2000:1 for any great player because there are just so many players. 2000:1 is very slim, very slim indeed
yeah lolGood luck to anyone from here playing in itWhat are the odds someone from this forum wins?
Very good. Didn't you see? Jeff Madsen signed up yesterday. DN probablly has the next best chance for this forum, but he's all washed up.
Hellmuth has to be like 5/2 to take this down. Right?
Probablly. If there is no luck involved in this tournament he'll win every pot.
3:1 odds? that isn't good enough odds buddy. There are thousand of players. His real life odds of winning are so much lower. Good luck to you though.
3:1 odds? that isn't good enough odds buddy. There are thousand of players. His real life odds of winning are so much lower. Good luck to you though.
i dont think he was serious
I think he may have been joking... but nh noob.

Well I am going to win it actually, You are all invited to my party afterwards.I'm in my room at the Rio right now. Today is meda/Expo day, FCP supposed top have a booth all set up and will be promoting Protege 2 among other things. Hope to meet up with some of those folks today too.So far I've seen and talked to just about everyone you can imagine. they are all here at one point or another. and everyone is really nice. Men the master is great, funny guy.Last night I stood at the FT with David Williams 3 handed, with Evelyn Ng randomly doing play by play for the 30 or so of us observing. She is incredibly attractive and stands about 6-2. No kidding. Right next to me was the tounrney director (Steve) and we started chit chatting. He had a bracelet in his hand so I checked that out. Pretty cool. Not sure who won that event (draw) but it was 2 AM so I crashed.Earlier that night I was at Ceasars playing and they had a Full Tilt party going at Pure. Invitation only, so at 10PM a few of us quit playing and went out to see who would show up. Lederer, Mike, Juanda, Gordon, Clonie, Daniel, Gavin, man on and on. Shannon Elizabeth, THe actor from Scooby Doo (shaggy), Seal, Robin Leach, Penn Gillette, John Sally, Jose Canseco, and several you would recognize but I don't know their names.Helluva bash that one, all industry insiders and well knowns. We just kept our distance and observed.Just thought I'd share a little. Been a real good time her so far. Hope to go golfing again today. Peace! :club:

I will try my hardest in the Main Event. But seriously if I just cash in this it would feel like an accomplishment.
The thread is now official. The great Jeff Madsen has now graced his presence.