Event 5: 2500 Nlhe Short-handed

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Daniel Alaei is slowly becoming one of my favourite players after watching him on HSP. It would be nice to see him do well.

Daniel Alaei is slowly becoming one of my favourite players after watching him on HSP. It would be nice to see him do well.
Daniel Alaei's girlfriend is quickly becoming my favourite railbird. :club:

Here's an interesting question: How big of an accomplishment would this be if Daniel did end up winning this?? From eveything I've seen, it's almost UNHEARD OF to go wire-to-wire in these NLHE tourneys anymore. It seems like the day 1 chip leader always finishes out of the final table.

Here's an interesting question: How big of an accomplishment would this be if Daniel did end up winning this?? From eveything I've seen, it's almost UNHEARD OF to go wire-to-wire in these NLHE tourneys anymore. It seems like the day 1 chip leader always finishes out of the final table.
DN might have 2nd doubled up when today ends.
speaking of chip leaders ivey busted out of the limit holdem ins 21st.
That IS a good question. I'm pretty sure somebody said that no Day 1 chips leader has gone to win the main event but I'm not sure about the others events

Fri Jun 30 20:39:00 PDT 2006Negreanu At It AgainWith a board showing Aheart4spade3heart, the player in seat 3 bets $1,200, getting a call from Negreanu. The turn is a 7club followed by a check from both players. The river brings the 7spade, again with a check from both players. Daniel Negreanu flips over 10diamond4diamond , looks at the other player and says, "I know you have nothing". He is correct, as seat 3 mucks his hand. Negreanu stack is still sitting healthy at over $80,000.

I understand that, but there will still be alot of play left.
Yeah, 2 full days. He's played good today. I'm hoping he puts up a videoblog tonight, but probably not till tomorrow.
Yeah, 2 full days. He's played good today. I'm hoping he puts up a videoblog tonight, but probably not till tomorrow.
Yah. Don't get me wrong, I think he can definately do it. It's just going wire-to-wire in these big fields now-a-days seems incredibly difficult.
I :club: Daniel.
Theresa, if it was possible to give you a tournament chip every time you told us how much you love, adore, admire, etc. Daniel YOU'D be the chip leader right now! :D
I understand that, but there will still be alot of play left.
Day one chip leaders have won plenty of tournaments. In the big buyin tourney's you are often dealing with an overly aggressively player as the day one chip leader. This is often a guy who is not able to manage a big stack or change his game up. I think DN is perfectly capable of playing with a big stack.
Day one chip leaders have won plenty of tournaments. In the big buyin tourney's you are often dealing with an overly aggressively player as the day one chip leader. This is often a guy who is not able to manage a big stack or change his game up. I think DN is perfectly capable of playing with a big stack.
I'm not necessarily saying you're wrong, but I haven't heard of hardly anyone in the 800+ entrant tourneys in the last few years of the 'poker boom' take it down from start to finish.

Although you have an advantage, it's not much of an advantage. If you have $100,000 and the person in 2nd has $50,000 you will only win twice as much as them if all things are equal. With so many people still left after day one it's still improbable that the day 1 chip leader or any other one particular person would win.

The thing about the big tournaments is also the fact that after day one, there is still 400-700 people still in. And in the ME this year, Day 2 will still have over 2k players. So the chip leader basically has to beat out multiple tournament fields. In these ones, where about 60 people will move on to day two, it's a tad easier because you don't have to worry about a brazillion amount of people. I think DN will hang on to at least finish in the top 15.

At Foxwoods this year. A guy named Ron Wilson was #2 after day one and finished 11th overall. And he is not Daniel. The day one chip leader finished in 12th in that same tournament, Greg Monaldi.I think a top pro with a big chip stack is different then an average Joe with a big stack. I just don't put a lot of stock in the so called curses. I would rather have the most chips after day one. There is really no good reason to think it is some sort of disadvantage to be the chip leader.

I :club: Daniel.
Negreanu Knocks Out Tim PhanTim Phan raises all-in from the small blind and Daniel Negreanu calls from out of the big blind. Phan shows pocket 5's, but is trailing NEgreanu who flips over pocket 6's. The board does not help Phan, and Daniel Negreanu eliminated another one.

Negreanu Knocks Out Tim PhanTim Phan raises all-in from the small blind and Daniel Negreanu calls from out of the big blind. Phan shows pocket 5's, but is trailing NEgreanu who flips over pocket 6's. The board does not help Phan, and Daniel Negreanu eliminated another one.

At Foxwoods this year. A guy named Ron Wilson was #2 after day one and finished 11th overall. And he is not Daniel. The day one chip leader finished in 12th in that same tournament, Greg Monaldi.I think a top pro with a big chip stack is different then an average Joe with a big stack. I just don't put a lot of stock in the so called curses. I would rather have the most chips after day one. There is really no good reason to think it is some sort of disadvantage to be the chip leader.
See, I would like to end day one with the most chips because more often than not, the day one chip leader cashes.
We have a new nickname for DN: The Exterminator.

to say daniel won't win because he has a chip lead and people never go wire-to-wire these days is stupid and absurd. sure, he's less than 1 to 1 to win the thing, but he still has a better chance than anyone else in the field. if i had to predict between him winning and him not winning, i'd lean towards the latter, because i'm not a stupid idealistic butt-eater. but i still think the more chips you have, the more likely you are to win. plus its DN. he is the most likely to win the tourney of anyone. good luck homie.

Someone grab DN at the next break and tell him they are reseeding the golf course tomorrow. Help him keep his focus :club: