Event 5: 2500 Nlhe Short-handed

btw. kinda offtopic in this thread but I don't see a need to open a new one: according to cardplayer chip counts, Phil Ivey seems to be ripping apart the LHE event - Chipleader with 50% more chips than the second in chips!I so so so much want to see him play Limit Hold'em at the final table, I really hope ESPN airs it if he is able to make it.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Daniel Negreanu...$47,000Michael Goodman...$20,000Rick Rockwell...$17,500Antanas 'Tony' Guoga...$17,000Tuan Le...$15,000Soheil Shamseddin...$14,200Chip Jett...$13,000Joe Sebok...$12,000Mike Matusow...$12,000Layne Flack...$11,300Cyndy Violette...$11,000Wow! I dont think he's getting cold decks right now.

I wish I could run like this:Negreanu Busts Some More and Builds up to $47,000Daniel open-raises to $18,000, a mere ninety times the big blind. His opponent in the small blind calls his last $2,500 with A3. Daniel again shows A-8 offsuit. Both players make a pair of Aces, but Daniel's kicker plays and he sends another to the rail.Two hands later Daniel opens for $500 in middle position and is called by the cutoff. Daneil leads out for $800 on the flop of AK3 and his opponent calls fairly quickly. Daniel leads at the 6 on the turn for $2,000. His opponent goes into the tank for nearly five minutes before declaring himself all-in for $13,000 more. Daniel immediately responds, "What?!? I call!" and turns over the nuts, AheartAdiamond for top set. His opponent is drawing dead with the Aspade6spade. A meaningless 5club falls on the end and Daniel now has a monstrous $47,000.

Daniel Negreanu...$47,000Michael Goodman...$20,000Rick Rockwell...$17,500Antanas 'Tony' Guoga...$17,000Tuan Le...$15,000Soheil Shamseddin...$14,200Chip Jett...$13,000Joe Sebok...$12,000Mike Matusow...$12,000Layne Flack...$11,300Cyndy Violette...$11,000Wow! I dont think he's getting cold decks right now.
RIGGED! :P:club::club::club::P:D:):club::):D:):D:club:
I wish I could run like this:Negreanu Busts Some More and Builds up to $47,000Daniel open-raises to $18,000, a mere ninety times the big blind. His opponent in the small blind calls his last $2,500 with A3. Daniel again shows A-8 offsuit. Both players make a pair of Aces, but Daniel's kicker plays and he sends another to the rail.Two hands later Daniel opens for $500 in middle position and is called by the cutoff. Daneil leads out for $800 on the flop of AK3 and his opponent calls fairly quickly. Daniel leads at the 6 on the turn for $2,000. His opponent goes into the tank for nearly five minutes before declaring himself all-in for $13,000 more. Daniel immediately responds, "What?!? I call!" and turns over the nuts, AheartAdiamond for top set. His opponent is drawing dead with the Aspade6spade. A meaningless 5club falls on the end and Daniel now has a monstrous $47,000.
Ahhh the moments you love poker and fish even more
wow, people are just HANDING their chips over to him
And the beauty of being a massive chip leader and people assuming you're just playing over aggressively and don't have anything.
true true, if I saw DN I would just say"Do you like seafood?"
Negreanu Busts Three Players in Three HandsTodd "Dandruff" Wittles sits down at the table. Negreanu has just busted two players in back-to-back hands, and raises Wittles' big blind to $12,825. Wittles makes the call for his remaining $900 and turns over KJ. Kid Poker has A8 and the river 8 gives him a pair and sends yet another player to the rail.Negreanu radioed his chip count in to the Cardplayer reporters to make sure everyone knows he has $32,000, which is almost twice that of his closest competitor.
I hope DN didn't waive the chair cover over his head after this hand.We FCPers got our pride you know

Negreanu Takes Time Off From Eliminating Opponents To Viisit MatusowDaniel Negreanu comes to Mike Matusow's table and gleefully says, "I busted 15 people. I have $48,000. The 2nd chip leader keeps coming to the table and I keep busting him. It's sick!" Negreanu makes sure to mention that on each bust, he went in with the best hand.

$1,895,200 Prize Pool AnnouncedA payout structure has been released showing 90 paid places out of a total of 824 entrants, including a prize of $475,712 for the first place finisher.That means another $23,750 added to the Wear FCP at The WSOP boysI'm getting my piece, areyou?

Didn't see this hand posted earlier. Any guesses at to what Daniel's other card might be? I'm guessing maybe a 6s or 9s or another spade other than Ks.Fri Jun 30 15:29:00 PDT 2006Negreanu Continues to RollAction is folded around to the small blind ($3200), who calls the extra $100. Daniel Negreanu checks his option and both players see the flop of 8s7s3c. The small blind checks and Negreanu throws out two black chips. The small blind calls the $200. Action begins heating up on the turn when the As falls. The small blind check-raises Negreanu's bet of $400 to $1000. Negreanu then reraises an additional $10,000. After thinking for a few minutes, the small blind shows the Ac and mucks his hand. Negreanu offers to show a card as well, his opponent declines but Daniel shows him the 5s anyway.

Negreanu Takes Time Off From Eliminating Opponents To Viisit MatusowDaniel Negreanu comes to Mike Matusow's table and gleefully says, "I busted 15 people. I have $48,000. The 2nd chip leader keeps coming to the table and I keep busting him. It's sick!" Negreanu makes sure to mention that on each bust, he went in with the best hand.
WTF does he think he's doing, getting up from the table to talk with Matusow?!? Why not just play some golf on the next break? Play poker, stop chatting, DN, it's WSOP, dammit! (do I really have to put an sw here?)
Didn't see this hand posted earlier. Any guesses at to what Daniel's other card might be? I'm guessing maybe a 6s or 9s or another spade other than Ks.Fri Jun 30 15:29:00 PDT 2006Negreanu Continues to RollAction is folded around to the small blind ($3200), who calls the extra $100. Daniel Negreanu checks his option and both players see the flop of 8s7s3c. The small blind checks and Negreanu throws out two black chips. The small blind calls the $200. Action begins heating up on the turn when the As falls. The small blind check-raises Negreanu's bet of $400 to $1000. Negreanu then reraises an additional $10,000. After thinking for a few minutes, the small blind shows the Ac and mucks his hand. Negreanu offers to show a card as well, his opponent declines but Daniel shows him the 5s anyway.
6 :club:
WTF does he think he's doing, getting up from the table to talk with Matusow?!? Why not just play some golf on the next break? Play poker, stop chatting, DN, it's WSOP, dammit! (do I really have to put an sw here?)
Maybe he just lost it. Everyone been suspecting it for weeks now
Didn't see this hand posted earlier. Any guesses at to what Daniel's other card might be? I'm guessing maybe a 6s or 9s or another spade other than Ks.
Almost certainly the 6s, unless he made a big bluff with 55.

Phil Ivey is eliminated Keny Hsiung raised to 900 under the gun, and Ivey moved all in for 3,000 from the small blind. Kevin Nathan moved all in over the top for 3,600 from the big blind, and Hsiung called. The players showed:Keny Hsiung Q :) Q :club: Phil Ivey K :) 10 :club: Kevin Nathan A :P A :D The board comes J :P J :D 7 :) 5 :D 3 :club:, and Nathan's aces held up to win the pot worth 10,000. Hsiung is down to 5,500 in chips, and Phil Ivey is eliminated.

1 Daniel Negreanu $51,000 2 Chip Jett $29,000 3 Michael Goodman $27,700 4 Karina Jett $21,400Now I know I'm WAAAAY jumping the gun on this, but how interesting would it be to see these two going at it at the final table.

who said DN isnt as good as he was 2 years agoi know its not over but he seems to be on his game!GO DN!!!