Event 5: 2500 Nlhe Short-handed

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to hear what sort of hand DN put Dutch on -- it was a pretty coordinated board and a fair number of suited connectors would of hit it pretty hard. Considering that Dutch was deepstacked, those sorts of hands are certainly in his range.

On pokerstarsblog.com11:14pm--Boom. And boom. We lost two players...including Daniel Negreanu, who just had his aces cracked by a set of sevens. He might have been the unluckiest person around today. The final seven will now play at one table until one person busts out.

he said he put him on 9s or 10 s
He was pretty much dead on then -- I can see why he pushed with the aces since he figured he could cripple Dutch. Dutch would most likely call with 9's or T's in that spot given the low board.

All in all that sucked but congrats DN you proved us wrong and played very well, well enough to win the whole thing, next time its urs. My guess is that he won't play tommorrow so he can play the 2k buy in Omaha 8 event on monday. BTW Carlos is chip leader in the 2k buy in NL Holdem event about 150 left.

I think your completely right. Daniel should have just folded preflop and found a better spot.
Oh dont be like that, pushing on the river when Dutch was giving him action the whole way down seems a bit excessive. Clearly DN had a read and went with it, he was playing to win....cant knock that. Yet, to play that fast at the only player who can bust him....I dono.
I think your completely right. Daniel should have just folded preflop and found a better spot.
You can't fold aces preflop...period. (Well, I guess u could if u were getting close to the money, but we will worry about that later). I guess he could have found away to fold after the F/T/R. If it was the first hand of the ME and I had AA PF and a dude went all in I would call with no second thoughts. P.S. I go away for 45 minutes and this happens!

Very well played on day 1, sounds like you did well on day 2 as well but I am going to have to berate you for the pot against dubai. Next time someone makes a speech play against you, bear in mind that half the frickin world reads your blog. When he said at least I know I have you beat he knew exactly that you were going to call with your weaker hand because of your well documented hand against Antonio. Maybe you switched off for that hand because I think if you thought about it a bit longer then he would have aces. Or you could just call and suck out. grrrWP danny I still think you are great :club:

You can't fold aces preflop...period. (Well, I guess u could if u were getting close to the money, but we will worry about that later). I guess he could have found away to fold after the F/T/R. If it was the first hand of the ME and I had AA PF and a dude went all in I would call with no second thoughts. P.S. I go away for 45 minutes and this happens!
oblivious to sarcasm, eh?

For anyone questioning Daniel's play, remember that this is shorthanded play. Dutch could have a huge range, a lot of which AA is beating. It's just one of those situations where Daniel is going to go broke most of the time.

For anyone questioning Daniel's play, remember that this is shorthanded play. Dutch could have a huge range, a lot of which AA is beating. It's just one of those situations where Daniel is going to go broke most of the time.
Edit: just saw the interview on cardplayer. well done Daniel. tough one.

Either way I have to remind myself not to make "sports bets" while drinking lol. Fortunately $50 isn't a problem for the ole bankroll.

Daniel played a great tournament, it's too bad he had to run into a monster with Aces against the chip leader. Still a good showing, although it must be disappointing to go out in that spot when he had the chip lead for most of the event.

Daniel played excellent and has had a great start to the World Series. Nothing he can do with the aces, its 6 handed, not a full ring game. Sucks that he couldn't take it down but oh well theres always tommorow in the wsop.

Myself in Daniel's situation I go broke EVERYTIME in that hand.
Daniel played excellent and has had a great start to the World Series. Nothing he can do with the aces, its 4 handed, not a full ring game. Sucks that he couldn't take it down but oh well theres always tommorow in the wsop.
FYP