Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

And if you're wondering "well, doesn't look like you're working very hard now with all this posting, why do you think you could handle public accounting?". It's because my job is mainly repetitive data analyzing that I've been able to write macro's for so I have little actual work to do and am now brainstorming for my next project.
I was not wondering that.But in CASE you were wonding what I'm looking at right now (other than the computer screen):face.jpgEdit: "You" was supposed to be capitalized, not "case".
I mean, how much time do you think one player is going to get to talk to Obama? Enough time to say "the government is overreaching" during the handshake.
I get this, but if there were even a chance I could get 30 seconds to say something I think it would be worth it. When else would you have that opportunity?
But it wasn't that simple. He wouldn't take a stand on anything. The only stands he ever took were on wanting more money as a player and then wanting to pay less money as an owner.
Right. But everyone wanted him to come out and support things like the NAACP and Negro College fund, Democratic party, etc.What would have happened had he come out and said I am a republican, I support legalization of gambling and I don't agree with the NAACP? (I have no idea where he stand on any of this obv)

Spaying dogs in heat is a bitch. GET IT?

but in my defence stuff really blew up today so I'm all sad now and trying to take my mind off it.
awwWWW?
I get this, but if there were even a chance I could get 30 seconds to say something I think it would be worth it. When else would you have that opportunity?
The opportunity to get something off your chest and affect absolutely nothing whatsoever? All the time, I suppose. Just not to the president.
Right. But everyone wanted him to come out and support things like the NAACP and Negro College fund, Democratic party, etc.What would have happened had he come out and said I am a republican, I support legalization of gambling and I don't agree with the NAACP? (I have no idea where he stand on any of this obv)
I don't know. I don't even think he had to get political. Obviously it was a long time ago, but I feel like I remember a few times when he could have very easily said a thing or two about a pretty benign subject that could have made a difference, but he either didn't give a shit about anything or didn't want to offend anyone. Like Tiger Woods re: Casey Martin.

i don't understand how someone leaves a giant goddamn pubic hair on a urinal. i go in there and it looks like someone was shaving their pubes right there at the urinal. i mean these things were at least two inches long. when i take a piss i'm not being so violent that hair is being yanked out of its roots. what the fuck people.

I a

I have no recollection of a married woman I should have bangged or a beer business. and I don't even know what you guys are talking about with all these 10's and 7's and 5's and what nots. I bet napa is a perfectionist
and the married woman?
Just a couple (few?) weeks ago weren't you telling us about some chick hitting on you (at your new watering hole I think) but she was married? You were all weirdedout about the whole deal. Probably posted drunk so you don't remember.As far as sports teams going to the white house...it's nothing more than tradition and a chance for some warm and fuzzy photo op time for the POTUS. And the teams I suppose. It is totally devoid of any substance. If dude didn't want to go, why should anyone care?Like "pardoning" a turkey before Thanksgiving. A fucking turkey.The difference between sports and movie stars making a ton of money and nobody whining about is that movie stars contracts aren't put out there for public consumption like Fielder getting 9yrs $214million from Detriot. Is it better to like your job but be miserable because you're always broke or be miserable at your job but like the fact you can live in a house with a roof that actually keeps the rain out because you make good money?I absolutely believe that money isn't everything and I'd give up some salary for a job I enjoyed. However, there's a big difference between not having as much extra, play money and not being able to pay for basic necessities.
I also spent years in business thinking I should be a "big picture" guy who just sits in a room, comes up with ideas, and tells people to run with them.
nah, that's not what I meant. I meant literally, people have random problems, I'm pretty good at solving them. did all sorts of oddball projects in my internship, occasionally get handed some excel things at the bank, etc.c'mon, do you really think my self-esteem is in a place where I could envision myself in management? I'm putting stickers on PCs tomorrow. might get to clean out a room full of old equipment next week.
The difference between sports and movie stars making a ton of money and nobody whining about is that movie stars contracts aren't put out there for public consumption like Fielder getting 9yrs $214million from Detriot.
Yeah, that's not it.

The regulations assume that acquisitions are related if they occur over a short time span (e.g., 12 months) but not if they are seperated by a very long interval (e.g., 16 years). This leaves a vast middle ground of uncertainty.NO SHIT ITS UNCERTAIN.

no response from homeboy at the old job?
turns out it's not up to him. I'm sending in a resume tomorrow a.m. though. the person making the decision, it's hard to say what she thinks of me. it goes like, CFO -> VP finance -> accounting manager (person making the decision)the job will not be super entertaining. open envelopes, note payments, etc. I'm hoping to get more work from the CFO as time passes.
turns out it's not up to him. I'm sending in a resume tomorrow a.m. though. the person making the decision, it's hard to say what she thinks of me. it goes like, CFO -> VP finance -> accounting manager (person making the decision)the job will not be super entertaining. open envelopes, note payments, etc. I'm hoping to get more work from the CFO as time passes.
That's mostly what I do!

I'd do many things for $12/hoursome girl at the bank today, randomly chit-chatting at me as I'm moving her workstation. she asked what I did before this new position, I'm like, "I'm still going to be a teller." "so, you're in school for IT?" "no, degree in finance." she just repeats it back ("a teller who also works in IT, with a degree in finance") and gives me this baffled look.feels good to shatter people's idea of the value of a "good" degree like finance

Have you guys heard of this "controversy" about Bruins goalie Tim Thomas not going to the White House?Every team after winning a championship gets to go to the White House and meet the President. Thomas is a Tea Party guy and has no interest in meeting this President. Do you think this is an acceptable protest or should he respect the office and go regardless of political beliefs?
I think dissent is a constitutional right and privilege and if he wants to dissent by not going, thereby getting people talking, then he has every right to do so. I also think it's stupid, and that he should meet the president and tell him to his face that he needs to cut spending, etc. Whatever. I would go and happily talk to Obama again. I think he's an incredibly nice guy.
Our new thing in here should be not talking about politics.
It's not an issue unless MK is around.
I would go and happily talk to Obama again. I think he's an incredibly nice guy.
haha, oh that's hilarious. reminds me of the time I was having brunch with louis c.k. and he said a bunch of funny stuff.

MJ at summer jam, Obama on the text.y'all should be afraid of what I'm gonna do next.Anybody watch any of the Joe Paterno death coverage? I've mostly avoided it, but I happened to catch some former football player going on about how the board of trustees killed him and that they're going to get what's coming to them. I don't have anything to add to that; just thought it was pretty crazy.

What's your biggest weakness?
I definitely think his biggest weakness would be in the interview. Napa comes across as very shy when you first meet him. I even mentioned that to the lady from his current job that called me. I said, "you might have noticed that Napa comes off a little shy. Lady: Oh yeah. Me: But don't let that fool you. He's incredibly smart and you'll be sorry if you let him slip away."
Yeah, that's not it.
It's also not true.
I definitely think his biggest weakness would be in the interview. Napa comes across as very shy when you first meet him. I even mentioned that to the lady from his current job that called me. I said, "you might have noticed that Napa comes off a little shy. Lady: Oh yeah. Me: But don't let that fool you. He's incredibly smart and you'll be sorry if you let him slip away."It's also not true.
Haha, sure showed her! Hi-Five!