I Called In Sick Today

If you dislike the policies of the guy, shouldn't you take your chance to meet and tell him why? But I'm in the Lebatard camp, I'm tired of people treating sports like a cathedral and athletes like the second coming. It's just a game, do and say what you want, play your game well, you aren't a role model, eff the rest. It's al just so stupid. Can't celebrate, "respect the game" etc. piss off. The salary disparity between what the average American and what athletes make is becoming ridiculous. It wasn't that way not so long ago. They deserve a bunch of money, they are the top 1% of what they do on this planet, but $20 million a year? That's enough money for nearly anyone to live on for a lifetime. For a year. Same with Tom Cruise or Todd Phillips. They make a king's ransom for every movie but nobody whines a bit, but nobody puts movies on the same level as sports. Ridiculous. I think I've become a curmudgeon Oh well. Get off my lawn. This is annoying to type on an IPad

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Yeah, women are nice. What happens at 40? Do I have to start over or is there a chance the 8 sticks around?
If you have enough money, sure.
and speedz, I'd choose to make less and (moderately) enjoy my job.
Well that's good, and explains your lack of urgency about getting a new one. Quick, someone create a 5 year plan for shake, napa, and stratso.
Can't celebrate, "respect the game" etc. piss off.
I mean, isn't that just all about making the fans feel comfortable rooting for players and teams? Personally, I don't mind a fun celebration (like from an Ochocinco) but I'm completely turned off by a player (in any sport) celebrating by being a complete asshole to the other team and rubbing it in their faces.
Yeah, women are nice. What happens at 40? Do I have to start over or is there a chance the 8 sticks around?
Well, I threw that in there so nobody could take the simple long term answer. Obviously we'd want the security of having someone to clean our poop, etc. not sure how to make it even. I guess sure, same hot, cool 8 for life or a steady diet of new, average looking ass. Differing degrees of freakiness.
First reaction: he's 30.Second reaction: I like it. It'll also get him out there more to STUFF...something.
But a broke 30. Climate is changing. People live at home longer. Price of everything has increased 30% in last 10 years (not scientific data) except salaries. They are dropping. How do people manage. Community, a la parents or roommates. Just a thought. Besides, no woman will tolerate his pansy ways. So shoulda banged the married broad while the hubby watched
I mean, isn't that just all about making the fans feel comfortable rooting for players and teams? Personally, I don't mind a fun celebration (like from an Ochocinco) but I'm completely turned off by a player (in any sport) celebrating by being a complete asshole to the other team and rubbing it in their faces.
You mean, white, paying fans. Ok, gotcha. Take the hockey, baseball approach. Let them police themselves until it gets out of hand. For taunting and hate crap talking so I see your point, but there has to be a middle ground.

My problem isn't lack of a plan. It's lack of execution. I'm 95% I can get an interview at at least one big firm based on contacts, it's just a matter of being able to not f' up the interview as I'm not so good at the words.

Quick, someone create a 5 year plan for shake, napa, and stratso.
Well, it was almost five years ago that Shake was going to start that beer business.
Well, I threw that in there so nobody could take the simple long term answer. Obviously we'd want the security of having someone to clean our poop, etc. not sure how to make it even. I guess sure, same hot, cool 8 for life or a steady diet of new, average looking ass. Differing degrees of freakiness.
I think having it span a decade is too long. You need to go short-term. One month. You get a 10 for the whole month and then it's over. Or you get a different 5 every day of the month.I take the 10. Bump up those 5's to 7's and you got a deal.
For me it's an easy answer, cool 8 for life. But I can see how some wouldn't want that.
So shoulda banged the married broad while the hubby watched
Goes without saying.
You mean, white, paying fans. Ok, gotcha. Take the hockey, baseball approach. Let them police themselves until it gets out of hand. For taunting and hate crap talking so I see your point, but there has to be a middle ground.
Yes, paying fans, the majority of whom are white. But I guess I don't know if other fans love watching guys get up in the faces of their opponents and talk tons of shit. Do they? How do you let football players police themselves?
My problem isn't lack of a plan. It's lack of execution. I'm 95% I can get an interview at at least one big firm based on contacts, it's just a matter of being able to not f' up the interview as I'm not so good at the words.
What's your biggest weakness? DO YOU WORK TOO HARD?
If you dislike the policies of the guy, shouldn't you take your chance to meet and tell him why?
This how I would personally go about it. But I think he can make whatever decision he wants. If this is his way of protesting, fine.Michael Jordan was constantly beat up by the press for not taking a political stand or social stand because of how much his fame could have changed things. I always felt this was amusing, because what if he came out and said what he believe in were opposite of what they wanted him to support? The media would have jumped down his throat for using his fame to push political agendas.
I think having it span a decade is too long. You need to go short-term. One month. You get a 10 for the whole month and then it's over. Or you get a different 5 every day of the month.I take the 10. Bump up those 5's to 7's and you got a deal.
too easy. 2 year span. You have to throw in the element of a nagging woman and sex with same girl, regardless of hotness, for 2 years. A month, who wouldn't do that? Maybe I'm old, but every other day for the 5s is mooooore than enough
I still take the 10 over the 7's. Bump it up to 6 months...one 10 for that time or 6 7's for a month each, and you got a deal. Unless I'm never going to have to see the 7's ever again, in which case maybe I consider them over the 10 in your example as well.
This how I would personally go about it.
I mean, how much time do you think one player is going to get to talk to Obama? Enough time to say "the government is overreaching" during the handshake.
Michael Jordan was constantly beat up by the press for not taking a political stand or social stand because of how much his fame could have changed things. I always felt this was amusing, because what if he came out and said what he believe in were opposite of what they wanted him to support? The media would have jumped down his throat for using his fame to push political agendas.
But it wasn't that simple. He wouldn't take a stand on anything. The only stands he ever took were on wanting more money as a player and then wanting to pay less money as an owner.
Maybe I'm old, but every other day for the 5s is mooooore than enough
Truth.
This how I would personally go about it. But I think he can make whatever decision he wants. If this is his way of protesting, fine.
They're meeting the president as in a handshake and a photo op; they're not sitting down in a conference room to discuss the economy.
too easy. 2 year span. You have to throw in the element of a nagging woman and sex with same girl, regardless of hotness, for 2 years. A month, who wouldn't do that? Maybe I'm old, but every other day for the 5s is mooooore than enough
Well there's no maybe about it, but I would be more likely to take the barrage of 5's the shorter the time span. After a while it's like enough already.
I still take the 10 over the 7's. Bump it up to 6 months...one 10 for that time or 6 7's for a month each, and you got a deal. Unless I'm never going to have to see the 7's ever again, in which case maybe I consider them over the 10 in your example as well.
Why not just make it 6 6's for 6 months, Satan? I was going on the assumption that I'll never see the 10 or the 5's/7's again.I do like your numbers though. Six 7's per month for six months. Although I think Ron wants them to be 5's because they'll be more willing to do the kinds of things that I assume Ron is into.

I have no recollection of a married woman I should have bangged or a beer business. and I don't even know what you guys are talking about with all these 10's and 7's and 5's and what nots. I bet napa is a perfectionist

Why not just make it 6 6's for 6 months, Satan? I was going on the assumption that I'll never see the 10 or the 5's/7's again.I do like your numbers though. Six 7's per month for six months. Although I think Ron wants them to be 5's because they'll be more willing to do the kinds of things that I assume Ron is into.
:DING:Although, girls of all numbers do all sorts of things.
so I mean, girls keep wanting to fuck me, and I keep turning them down. I guess I'm just an honorable dude.
to clarify ^^^... she was married, and completely unattractive. figured I should point that out. I'm certainly not that cool.

Hey Chris.I got nothing else really. I did but then some guy just walked in here to complain about his neighbor who smokes. By the end of the conversation the guy was literally crying. I feel weird now and I forgot what I was going to type.

I do like your numbers though. Six 7's per month for six months. Although I think Ron wants them to be 5's because they'll be more willing to do the kinds of things that I assume Ron is into.
Yeah, that's such a tough call. The 10 could be paraded around, but just for the sex I guess the 7s would be more fun.
I got nothing else really. I did but then some guy just walked in here to complain about his neighbor who smokes. By the end of the conversation the guy was literally crying.
Because he was so angry?
Because he was so angry?
Not really, he was just really upset and started crying saying he didn't know what to do and it was terrible and he can't sleep and now he has headaches. I told him we could move him into another apartment I guess and he said no because what is to stop us from putting another smoker near him. I told him I could put him in another one bedroom that is full except for the one apartment and no one smokes but he said he couldn't and wants to break his lease (ends in July) without penalty. Told him I would ask.

And if you're wondering "well, doesn't look like you're working very hard now with all this posting, why do you think you could handle public accounting?". It's because my job is mainly repetitive data analyzing that I've been able to write macro's for so I have little actual work to do and am now brainstorming for my next project.