I Called In Sick Today

I'd do many things for $12/hour
??The temp jobs at WF in DSM were paying $15 two years ago.
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

was just a general comment about why I'm totally cool with taking this other job for 12 (living at home) even though it's clearly not what I want to do with my life. shit, I don't know what I want to do anymore anyway.the temp salary has slipped a bit since then, or it had when I last checked (6mo ago?). I was seeing an average of 13. bought this last night when I was a little drunk: $150. I never bought anything with the money I got for my birthday and christmas (because no one knows what to buy me).
Banking salaries plummeting, huge time. I got $31k in 2001 to be a head teller for Citi. My head teller doesn't make that now. Crazy. Too few jobs, too much supply.
That's awesome. More info, please.
here's the listing:http://www.ancientimports.com/cgi-bin/lotinfo.pl?id=26331marcus aurelius is the old emperor from the movie gladiator. 'armeniacus' is the title he gave himself for a victory in modern-day armenia over parthia. pretty common issue, but the detail on it is insane. the web admin for that dealer is a really, really good friend of mine. the ancient coin market is rife with fakes, and I don't have an eye for these things, so I feel like it's a terrible idea to just buy at random from ebay.the US dime is actually the exact same size as the roman denarius. I took this with a point and shoot camera this summer, it's all of my roman stuff plus a $2.5 US coin.
Yeah, that's not it.
It may not be IT but It's part of it. I don't know what you listen to or watch but other than randomly hearing that Tom Cruise made $20 mil for some movie or something I rarely hear what movie stars make. I think when you do hear about it it's a half educated guess or "according to sources" type of information. With the NFL, NBA, MLB and NHL contracts are spelled out, disected and dissiminated on every sports tv and radio show when they're signed. And then you hear about the contract all year long. When a guy is playing good we hear how he's living up to that $$$ contract and when he's not we hear "he's really been struggling since signing that $$$ contract".
I thought he made a movie last year.
Heh
here's the listing:http://www.ancientimports.com/cgi-bin/lotinfo.pl?id=26331marcus aurelius is the old emperor from the movie gladiator. 'armeniacus' is the title he gave himself for a victory in modern-day armenia over parthia. pretty common issue, but the detail on it is insane. the web admin for that dealer is a really, really good friend of mine. the ancient coin market is rife with fakes, and I don't have an eye for these things, so I feel like it's a terrible idea to just buy at random from ebay.the US dime is actually the exact same size as the roman denarius. I took this with a point and shoot camera this summer, it's all of my roman stuff plus a $2.5 US coin.
Even if I knew the person I was buying it from, I would get in touch with Scram somehow.ps. That's pretty awesome.
I thought he made a movie last year.
haha that's hilarious ocho good joke I'm poor. hey powerball gets higher more quickly now. maybe I do have hope for a better life after all!strat: that is a pretty neat coin. I had no idea it was that easy to just go out and buy ancient greek and roman shit. everything on that site guaranteed somehow?and back to talking about me: I've also realized in these thoughts about moving into an apartment just how much shit I have that I wouldn't be able to take. even past my grill and canoe and big things like that, there's my guitars that take up a lot of room, old clothes that I still have "in case I'll need them again" that I'd have to get rid of, all my weights and workout equipment and stuff, then all my guns that I'd have to keep unlocked in an apartment closet or something. looked on the website of the apartment complex I'm thinking about but didn't see anything about storage units. hey steve, how much do storage units at apartments usually run? I don't like giving up/throwing away my stuff.and I still don't know why I'm doing all this planning/research for an action that would require a near miracle of a raise for it to happen, but oh wellz.
strat: that is a pretty neat coin. I had no idea it was that easy to just go out and buy ancient greek and roman shit. everything on that site guaranteed somehow?
yeah, most dealers have a refund policy on fakes. it does happen from time to time, because all of these were made in a pretty low-tech way. my friend (the web admin) told me about a time when a fake had fooled a bunch of dealers. this guy looked at his inventory records, found that one had passed through a year or two prior, and refunded the customer.I was also originally very skeptical of the idea, thinking they must surely all be in museums or something. it was the biggest empire in the world for a very long time, and they made a shitload of these coins, which are still occasionally found in massive hordes. I don't have any rare issues, because they do tend to be absurd-expensive in the grades I like. this went for 800k for example.
hand back to talking about me: I've also realized in these thoughts about moving into an apartment just how much shit I have that I wouldn't be able to take. even past my grill and canoe and big things like that, there's my guitars that take up a lot of room, old clothes that I still have "in case I'll need them again" that I'd have to get rid of, all my weights and workout equipment and stuff, then all my guns that I'd have to keep unlocked in an apartment closet or something. looked on the website of the apartment complex I'm thinking about but didn't see anything about storage units. hey steve, how much do storage units at apartments usually run? I don't like giving up/throwing away my stuff.
We have large storage units in the basement for each apartment and we don't charge anything. Some places charge like $25-$30/mo around here. Depending on the size you could go to a local public storage and pay like $40-$60/mo.

not really looking for advice (except for this question from steve here), just bitching abouy how little I make/how stupid I am. steve: website doesn't really say, and I haven't actually contacted anybody, but the sit does say cable and internet "ready" and that there's wifi "acces" so Im guessing nothing is included.

I don't understand. You have a house, or something that resembles a house, that you don't have to pay rent or a mortgage for, but you want to go somewhere and pay someone rent?Are you downplaying how bad this place is?

I don't understand. You have a house, or something that resembles a house, that you don't have to pay rent or a mortgage for, but you want to go somewhere and pay someone rent?Are you downplaying how bad this place is?
He stated earlier I think that the issue is that it needs a lot of work (time and money) to keep it in a livable condition and he is tired of it.