I Called In Sick Today

no you shouldn't. ever.just got a strong urge to watch some everybody loves raymond. that's weird. probably shouldn't hit reply. GONNA THO

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

I don't get it, which part is yours? This was my best guess:[–]njantirice 1 point 1 month agoHey Louis I don't know if you're still reading the replies, I doubt it but if by some chance you're paying some minimum wage slave intern to read these and report any good ideas, I'd be HAPPY to watch commercials to help you out financially. When people have gone this route they have often neglected a whole subset of income, you should sell ads to other funny shit on your website, not overload it, but some promo from a good source (you) that I'll actually listen to is a good idea. I'm a ****ing nerd, a comedy nerd, a video game nerd, a lot of different types of nerd and if you check out the community that's developed around the community Starcraft, you'll see a lot of fans that happily watch advertisements in order to support their favorite players. If you sold your stand up and gave an option to watch an ad in order to support you financially, I'm SURE over 80% of your fans would opt in, what's the percentage for that mailing list? That mailing list shit has a history of being way more annoying that a minute ad before a show in my opinion.Anyway, if it was comedy related, and you yourself chose the ads, and linked to some funny shit, I would definitely even follow those commercials and BUY THEIR PRODUCTS, and I would THANK you for telling me where I could.I want you to make a ton of money, so that you have the freedom to make a ton of content that I can appreciate. Dance for me clown.In other news: That Rhinestone was one righteous dude. I wish I remembered what the avatars were back in 2006 that supposedly made it much funnier. I'm assuming Speedz had the quotes from DN that were in the sick thread about kissing on his soft and supple lips and what not.In other other news: I haven't had a drink since Dec. 31st. Cleaning up my act for January to get back down to my playing weight, not that there is anything to "play" for.

no part of that was me. I was just linking the louis ck post with the money monster quote in it, because everyone was saying "I don't care I'm replying anyway" and he said "fuck it I'm hitting send."I think it's a little strange that lots of old timers just lurk now. ron for instance, says he has nothing new to post. seems like all I do nowadays is reminisce so I'm gonna just stfu

no you shouldn't. ever.
AHAHAHAHAHA
In other other news: I haven't had a drink since Dec. 31st. Cleaning up my act for January to get back down to my playing weight, not that there is anything to "play" for.
Impressive. Well, depending on how much you enjoy drinking.
I think it's a little strange that lots of old timers just lurk now. ron for instance, says he has nothing new to post. seems like all I do nowadays is reminisce so I'm gonna just stfu
Do they even bother lurking?Maybe we can think of a new "thing". It was being homosocial for a while, it was pseudo-caring about poker for a while, making fun of any women that posted here, etc. There has to be something left to do.
brutal honesty is Never funny if it's directed at you.
So very true. Huh, ____?Yeah. I hit Add Reply.
I wasn't in on the ground floor here, so I'm really not familiar with a lot of those people. I remember laughing with someone about how this thread's reputation attracted and then subsequently drove away so many women. brutal honesty is Never funny if it's directed at you.
We attracted women? Whaaa?
Oh, sorry, they choose to pay us a livable wage over having an open bar at the Christmas party.
Heh. Crazies.
Do they even bother lurking?Maybe we can think of a new "thing". It was being homosocial for a while, it was pseudo-caring about poker for a while, making fun of any women that posted here, etc. There has to be something left to do.
only one way to find out. I could check their last logins. or I could sit here in the most relaxed position possiblethe driver for all of this was new people checking in. now that FCP's traffic is gone, it's only natural that everything's gradually dying.
I guess I haven't lived long enough to be jaded to where I don't just assume everybody is a worthless POS until proven otherwise. I guess it's just the optimist in me and growing up where I did I know a lot of people who are hard workers and skilled, but didn't have any formal education and so they don't necessarily understand the whole "resume" process and just need somebody to explain to them how hand written resumes are not acceptable. It sounds like you have reasons for this dude, though. I'm mostly just talking generalities as my buddy is a project manager at a small construction company in a poor-ish town and he got a similar type email from somebody looking for work and posted it on Facebook in a "look how dumb this person is" way without knowing anything else about him, makes me feel not great.
Iowa?
had to switch hotels. the beds were too hard and the sick "friend" wanted us all in the same room in case something happened to him in the night. so now it's three dudes in a suite at the sheraton. and his dad is paying for it, so it's also all baby gravy.
FTFY
In other other news: I haven't had a drink since Dec. 31st. Cleaning up my act for January to get back down to my playing weight, not that there is anything to "play" for.
your ears were burning! and this is what I need to do I think. I'm such a fat tubbo now and the main reason is how much I drink and eat on the weekends. but I mean, what the hell else am I going to do? sitting at home alone on friday and saturday night watching netflix is just too damn depressing.
Do they even bother lurking?
well obviously one does
FTFY
no idea how you'd go about fucking the front yardman half the damn people in this state have a stomach virus right now. I don't like being sick, but I can deal with a cold or flu type thing at least decently, but when it comes to a stomach bug with puking... man, I'm terrified of that shit. hate it, hate it so much. I've been washing my hands so much they stay red. stupid sick people and their disgusting hygiene.
your ears were burning! and this is what I need to do I think. I'm such a fat tubbo now and the main reason is how much I drink and eat on the weekends. but I mean, what the hell else am I going to do? sitting at home alone on friday and saturday night watching netflix is just too damn depressing.
Eat well and work out during the week and you should be able to do whatever you want on weekend nights. Fatty.
I remember laughing with someone about how this thread's reputation attracted and then subsequently drove away so many women. brutal honesty is Never funny if it's directed at you.
You were the gatekeeper.It's amusing to me that Shake doesn't think Rhinestone is around anymore.
  • Like 1

Poppy...you or your roommate going to Sloan? I feel like that's something that I feel like I'd want to go to, but really, it'd probabaly be over my head about 30 minutes into any given lecture.Edit: went to my first D-league game this weekend. It was ok, the energy were down 21 at half, but they rallied in the 2nd half and it got about as exciting as a d-league game can get, I'd guess. Also, the coach is 25! Is that normal? Is this kind of a stepping stone to an nba assistant or college assistant or apemthing? What's the typical career arc of a coach?

no part of that was me. I was just linking the louis ck post with the money monster quote in it, because everyone was saying "I don't care I'm replying anyway" and he said "fuck it I'm hitting send."I think it's a little strange that lots of old timers just lurk now. ron for instance, says he has nothing new to post. seems like all I do nowadays is reminisce so I'm gonna just stfu
I look around every now and again but just try not to be on the computer when home. And I really do feel like I have nothing to say on here. Getting old I suppose. Who wants to hear about my bike ride and bagel? I do occasionally update Facebook and I enjoy Words With Friends. That counts as my computer time. I wish I could still play online poker. I still hate my job, and banking. Got my Life, Health and Annuity license not long ago. That was a pain. I got an 86. Highest in my training class of 20. Bunch of dummies. Who wants insurance???Now you see why I rarely post. I suck now.
I look around every now and again but just try not to be on the computer when home. And I really do feel like I have nothing to say on here. Getting old I suppose. Who wants to hear about my bike ride and bagel? I do occasionally update Facebook and I enjoy Words With Friends. That counts as my computer time. I wish I could still play online poker. I still hate my job, and banking. Got my Life, Health and Annuity license not long ago. That was a pain. I got an 86. Highest in my training class of 20. Bunch of dummies. Who wants insurance???Now you see why I rarely post. I suck now.
Didn't you move in with some chick or something like that?
  • Like 1
I look around every now and again but just try not to be on the computer when home. And I really do feel like I have nothing to say on here. Getting old I suppose. Who wants to hear about my bike ride and bagel? I do occasionally update Facebook and I enjoy Words With Friends. That counts as my computer time. I wish I could still play online poker. I still hate my job, and banking. Got my Life, Health and Annuity license not long ago. That was a pain. I got an 86. Highest in my training class of 20. Bunch of dummies. Who wants insurance???
I don't.But it's not like being around here just meant/means updating everyone on what you did that day. You just say stuff in response to other people saying stuff. IT'S HOW THAT SHIT WORKS.
Now you see why I rarely post. I suck now.
Yes, our posts are much more exciting than that.
Poppy...you or your roommate going to Sloan? I feel like that's something that I feel like I'd want to go to, but really, it'd probabaly be over my head about 30 minutes into any given lecture.Edit: went to my first D-league game this weekend. It was ok, the energy were down 21 at half, but they rallied in the 2nd half and it got about as exciting as a d-league game can get, I'd guess. Also, the coach is 25! Is that normal? Is this kind of a stepping stone to an nba assistant or college assistant or apemthing? What's the typical career arc of a coach?
No, we have games those days. I don't think it will be over your head. Advanced stats in sports aren't very hard to comprehend for smart people who have a little more than a basic understanding of math. The year I went it was a lot of storytelling and people trying to make people laugh, so it was fun.Iowa's coach is 29, he's really good though. It's not normal, there's only two head coaches in their 20's. Usually the road for D-League coaches is to get an assistant job in the NBA, or an NBA player development position. This year there was a head coach that left after the season started to take an assistant job with the Cavs. Pretty much everybody involved in the D-League is trying to get an NBA job in some capacity, whether it be the players, coaches, or referees.