Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

I speak from experience since we had two apartments this summer with bedbugs. Demand the heat treatment if you can. 100% effective as opposed to the chemical treatment. Plus won't eff up your "friend".

I too once had a family, Tiltin. Many years ago I lived in Japan: a pet of my master Yoshi, mimicking his movements from my cage and learning the mysterious art of Jinjitsu, for Yoshi was one of Japan's finest shadow warriors. His only rival was a man named Oroko Saki, and they competed in all things, but in nothing more fiercely than for the love of a woman, Thang Shin. Shin's love was only for my master and rather than see him fight Saki for her hand, she persuaded Yoshi to flee with me to America. But Saki vowed vengeance. I remember it well, as my master returned home to find his beloved Shin lying on the floor, and then he saw her killer. Saki wasted no words, and during the struggle, my cage was broken. I leapt to Saki's face, biting and clawing, but he threw me to the floor and took one swipe with his Katana, slicing my ear. Then he was gone, and I was alone.
I think this movie needs a gritty re-boot.
holy shit, wow. you have a friend?
And the money to pay for the removal of an infestation. Guess you guys aren't that similar after all.
Haha.
  • Like 1

People crack me up.I hope all of your resumes are better than this guys.This guys mom lives here. He has asked for a job on multiple occasions but has never actually called or shown up in person himself. Either his mom or sister brings the "application" (resume) in. We've ignored him the past year for a few reasons.1. He can't show up in person to drop off his resume and has his 87 year old mother do all his talking for him2. Wait till you see the resume.3. We are not hiring for his position.4. His brother used to live here before and still owes us $4K so my boss wants nothing to do with him and regrets letting the mother back in.5. Even if you took 1, 2, and 4 out of the mix, we still have to go back to number 2. 6749820811_23d254c055.jpglol MuggingAnd then he sets his terms...6749786789_419d8755c7.jpg

Yeah, no, can't feel sorry for him. If he is too lazy to start over after screwing up and writing "hanging and mugging mudding" then he is too lazy to go to the dozen Kinko's in the area and typing it up real quick. Not only that, even if you helped him make the resume then you will need to spend time teaching him that he needs to come in here in person and hand it to us. There are valid reasons why he has no job. Also, what do I need with someone who can sandblast, make sea walls, and do pipe fitting? We have a concrete company, we have a painter, we have a roofer, and we have a plumber. Go away and tell your brother he owes us $4K.

Glad to hear your father is doing better brv.It still amazes me that someone could be in an apartment, not paying rent, long enough to leave owing $4,000. Everywhere I rented there was a 3 daypay or quit notice on the door within a day or two of the "rent is past due" date.

I guess I haven't lived long enough to be jaded to where I don't just assume everybody is a worthless POS until proven otherwise. I guess it's just the optimist in me and growing up where I did I know a lot of people who are hard workers and skilled, but didn't have any formal education and so they don't necessarily understand the whole "resume" process and just need somebody to explain to them how hand written resumes are not acceptable. It sounds like you have reasons for this dude, though. I'm mostly just talking generalities as my buddy is a project manager at a small construction company in a poor-ish town and he got a similar type email from somebody looking for work and posted it on Facebook in a "look how dumb this person is" way without knowing anything else about him, makes me feel not great.

I once received a letter/resume from somebody who was looking for a job. It was sloppily hand-written and had a whole bunch of spelling and grammar mistakes. And the return address was a prison. But he was totally honest about everything and I'm sure that's gotta be a tough thing to do, so I admired him for that.Still didn't give him a job, but for reasons unrelated to penmanship. Oh, and unrelated to the whole prison thing too.

• Like 1
I guess I haven't lived long enough to be jaded to where I don't just assume everybody is a worthless POS until proven otherwise. I guess it's just the optimist in me and growing up where I did I know a lot of people who are hard workers and skilled, but didn't have any formal education and so they don't necessarily understand the whole "resume" process and just need somebody to explain to them how hand written resumes are not acceptable. It sounds like you have reasons for this dude, though. I'm mostly just talking generalities as my buddy is a project manager at a small construction company in a poor-ish town and he got a similar type email from somebody looking for work and posted it on Facebook in a "look how dumb this person is" way without knowing anything else about him, makes me feel not great.
I am most definitely jaded. I wasn't when I started this job 7 years ago but after that long I seemed to have lost a great deal of patience for things like this. Re: Tilt and apartments.Depends on the apartment complex. We try really hard to avoid court because court is a lot of extra time and money. I would venture a guess and say that maybe 2 out of 8 deadbeats probably racks up a large amount of unpaid rent but the other 6 come around and get caught up. Basically our options are this:We can't just kick someone out no matter how much they owe us. $550 - $15,000. We have to take them to court first. That roughly costs half a day at the court house to file plus $366 I believe. Then we have to set up an appointment with the guy who will serve the papers. $50 to serve by whatever means present themselves at that time. If the guy is home, he gets served personally. If not at home, the guy will attempt to serve 3 times in a couple days, if no luck, he tapes it to the door. $150 if we need the tenant served in person. If he can't get the guy served in time then we get $100 back. For a money judgement the person has to be served directly in person. Most deadbeats know that if they avoid getting served personally then they know the worst that can happen is eviction and no cost to them. Then regardless of what happens there is a court date. At court we try and meet the tenant before court and work out a deal. Payment plan, whatever, something we both agree with and can present to the judge. The judge has always given our tenants 10 days to pay the amount due and any other charges that might come up in the 10 days. If not paid to our satisfaction then we can start the eviction proceedings. Which is more court costs and time lost. Also, just because someone owes you $4000 doesn't mean that if he gets served in person and the judge grants the money judgement that you will ever see that $4K + the court fees. Another thing to factor in is if we need the apartment. If we have 30 empty apartments there is no dire need to get a deadbeat out because we don't have anyone to put into the apartment so giving the tenant time to catch up is in our best interest again because for the vast majority of the time they do catch up or at least try. Both are better options than having an empty apartment. We are now in a position where court is more feasible since we only have 6 empty apartments. We can replace a non payer with a payer so I suspect that when someone stops paying rent (knocks on wood) we will get them out as quick as possible.
I once received a letter/resume from somebody who was looking for a job. It was sloppily hand-written and had a whole bunch of spelling and grammar mistakes. And the return address was a prison. But he was totally honest about everything and I'm sure that's gotta be a tough thing to do, so I admired him for that.Still didn't give him a job, but for reasons unrelated to penmanship. Oh, and unrelated to the whole prison thing too.
So what was the reason?
funny-owls-photo-sideways-look-one-leg.jpg
Heh.

Lol. I'm having a real hard time not planning my "post-CPA obtaining" future instead of focusing solely on passing the next (and hopefully last) test. Had drinks with my buddy and his wife this weekend and his wife is a hiring manager for a pretty big firm and it sounds like she'll be able to help me out once I decide to leave this job. I just want to be done with studying. Don't know how you do it Speedz. Other than the whole "enjoying what you're doing thing".

I just want to be done with studying. Don't know how you do it Speedz. Other than the whole "enjoying what you're doing thing".
Yeah, that helps a lot. The other factor is that I'd still rather be studying 12 hours a day than working 8 a day at my old job...it's all relative. The taking 6 years to pay $250k while making nothing is pretty rough though.

had to switch hotels. the beds were too hard and the sick "friend" wanted us all in the same room in case something happened to him in the night. so now it's three dudes in a suite at the sheraton. and his dad is paying for it, so it's also all gravy baby.

I would never play if there was a possible straight flush. I only play rainbow flops.
Man I was clever.
Don't use PM. Apparently people like to publically post messages that were meant to be private.
Told you so.
I remember when Speedz used to be funny...
Sigh, so do I.
Well, my poop didn't really go too well. It was pretty disappointing overall. Lately they always start with pretty decent consistency, but they always get mushy towards the end. I'm going through so much toilet paper it's ridiculous. One thing I did enjoy was that it seems as though the guy on the floor above me is right in sync with my poo schedule. We share a bathroom, and it seems as though he or I always come in when the other is taking a crap. Usually we just piss and come back later, but it's always just a little awkward because it's a small bathroom and neither of us smell like roses.
We need more of this.
Boys SuckIt seems since I broke up with Fred and decided we would just be friends he has assumed that i will not be using the ticket (supposedly a birthday present) for the Def Leppard/Journey concert next month. He gave it to his cousin. If we are still friends and we have been making these plans for months, does it make sense that he should just give my ticket away. That's just rude. i think I earned that ticket.
Sadly, and this.
Also, I'm considering getting drunk by myself. Thoughts?
Ha, apparently that used to be a novelty for me. Actually though, after dating someone for over a year, it would be again.
1. anyone wanna play some pokah? i have money on party and a little on stars. any game but razz.2. tonight's drinking is based on a lot of leftovers. ready for this? margaritascab-shirazarbor mistpinot grigiogross, i know. desperate times...
My selection now is much better. Bourbon, rye, gansett.
Yes, I wear Kermit the Frog boxer shorts. Gotta problem with that?
Man, I miss those boxers.
i love my cat way too much. seriously. way toom uch.
Man, I miss that cat.
Almost Famous was on tonight. LOVE that movie.
Should have been "Love THAT movie."

it's amazingly sad how often i'll read through old threads and laugh at jokes i made a few years ago. amazing because i'm so damn funny, sad because no one ever seems to comment on my jokes or show any appreciation or even recognition.

it's amazingly sad how often i'll read through old threads and laugh at jokes i made a few years ago. amazing because i'm so damn funny, sad because no one ever seems to comment on my jokes or show any appreciation or even recognition.
Here, show me a few and I'll comment on them. I'M THAT BORED.