I Called In Sick Today

Some buzz killington news from my roommate to ruin my great day of having a bed where I don't have to lay in the exact right spot to not wake up in pain...Apparently he got a call from the dog trainer that our little Mallie isn't doing so good and if she doesn't shape up by Sunday he's sending her home after one month (instead of two) and my roommate is going to sell her if that happens since he really needs a good hunting dog and she isn't going to work out. Really liked that dog, but he's going to want way more than I can afford to pay for her, not to mention I already have a puppy reserved from a friends bitch next spring. Just kind of sucks to have to say goodbye to this pup, but I understand, I guess.

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

McRibs aren't back in Iowa yet. I checked after you mentioned it, Strat.

Is strat younger than me? I mean, I think you could make a case for either of us being the least healthy anyways. Also, slept great on the new mattress aside from having a dream that caused me to violently wake up and try and throw my iPhone across the room (was trying to throw something at a punk kid in my dream) but I have one of the older cords that clips into the phone so it didn't actually go into my wall. I've tried throwing it before when the alarm goes off, which is why I got one of the older charging cords, but never as hard as I tried last night.Edit: since you guys are making my decisions for me know...sheets. 400+ thread count? Egyptian cotton? Sateen?

Apparently he got a call from the dog trainer that our little Mallie isn't doing so good and if she doesn't shape up by Sunday he's sending her home after one month (instead of two) and my roommate is going to sell her if that happens since he really needs a good hunting dog and she isn't going to work out. Really liked that dog, but he's going to want way more than I can afford to pay for her, not to mention I already have a puppy reserved from a friends bitch next spring. Just kind of sucks to have to say goodbye to this pup, but I understand, I guess.
Good luck getting a lot of money for a hunting dog that failed training.
Edit: since you guys are making my decisions for me know...sheets. 400+ thread count? Egyptian cotton? Sateen?
High thread count cotton.
Alright you muther bitches. Bought the queen size mattress.
Peer pressure always wins. Wouldn't you have to get a new bed frame as well?
Edit: since you guys are making my decisions for me know...sheets. 400+ thread count? Egyptian cotton? Sateen?
400 thread count sheets...plebe
Good luck getting a lot of money for a hunting dog that failed training. High thread count cotton.
Yeah, Im with you, no way he gets back even close to what he's put into her ($875 purchase + vet bills+ $500 training) but apparently he's got a few people interested in having her as a pet since she has all the basic shit down, just not into blind retrieves and shit.
Peer pressure always wins. Wouldn't you have to get a new bed frame as well?400 thread count sheets...plebe
Yeah, I need to get one of those. I just got one of the generic metal frames for now. Throwing around the idea of just building one since I like doing that type of shit. I don't know.

I would probably build one, and use either Mahogany or Hickory with a marble inlay on the lion's claw footing, with gold leaf on the nails.Also, when you buy sheets, make sure you stuff your hand inside the bag rub your hand up in there pretty good like you are fiisting a giant vagina, but with an open palm. Thread count is important, but it can be misleading. You need to look at ply and thread thickness as well. But I always just do a good rubbing to see if they feel good or not.

Good luck getting a lot of money for a hunting dog that failed training.
In the training circles, these dogs are called "wash outs" and, more often than not, given away to a good pet home. $300 - $400 is probably thetop end she'd be worth.
Yeah, Im with you, no way he gets back even close to what he's put into her ($875 purchase + vet bills+ $500 training) but apparently he's got a few people interested in having her as a pet since she has all the basic shit down, just not into blind retrieves and shit.
Wait, what?? How old is this pup? If I'm reading this correctly, the pup has been in training for just under a month and the trainer is washing her out becauseshe's "not into blind retrieves"?? If this is the case, your buddy doesn't need a new dog (necessarily), he needs a new trainer. NO dog is doing blind retrieves after a month of training, none. My hobby is training 2 retrievers, one Lab and one Golden Retriever, for hunting and AKC hunt tests. I also sent the Lab to a trainer when he was 6 months old and have spent a lot of time with pro trainers. The first month is just a settle in period for the pup. They work on basic obedience and give them some marks. Is the trainer using a collar? If the pup hadn't hadn't been collar conditioned previously, it takes a couple weeks just to do that right. Again, NO dog is doing blind retrieves after a month of training. Depending on the training done prior to the dog going to the "pro" and the dogs age, it typically takes 3 or 4 months for a dog to be doing BASIC handling and blind retrieves. This is assuming all obedience is solid, basics have been done etc...My advice, even though you didn't ask for it, is to pull the pup from the trainer and find another one. Unless there is way more to the story and she's had WAY more training than you've said here. AceMThunttest610.jpgAce-2.jpg

Nope she's 6ish months old and has been at this trainer for just over a month. Prior to that the only training she had was just us doing "sit" "lay down" and playing fetch. We didn't really do any collar work or anything prior to sending her away. I have no idea what he's been doing but apparently she was doing really good with stay and heel and release and shit but when he started to do more advanced stuff she is just like "nope" and he said something about how other dogs that started later than her are much further along and he doesnt think he can do anymore with her and talking to other trainer friends I guess sometimes it just doesn't click and should have by now? I don't know and I'm getting this all second hand from my roommate since its his dog afterall and he's already looking at a few year old "washouts" to replace her.

youngest poster = least healthy posterthere's something to be said about that
factually untruesomeone offered me grapes at work the other day. "no thanks, I'm trying not to eat too healthy"
Is strat younger than me? I mean, I think you could make a case for either of us being the least healthy anyways.
I'm 26!
Nope she's 6ish months old and has been at this trainer for just over a month. Prior to that the only training she had was just us doing "sit" "lay down" and playing fetch. We didn't really do any collar work or anything prior to sending her away. I have no idea what he's been doing but apparently she was doing really good with stay and heel and release and shit but when he started to do more advanced stuff she is just like "nope" and he said something about how other dogs that started later than her are much further along and he doesnt think he can do anymore with her and talking to other trainer friends I guess sometimes it just doesn't click and should have by now? I don't know and I'm getting this all second hand from my roommate since its his dog afterall and he's already looking at a few year old "washouts" to replace her.
The norm is to send a dog to the trainer at 6 months. There is NO way a dog is doing "more advanced stuff" after a month. She's a PUPPY for crying out loud. The dog in the pics I posted was sent to the pro at 6 mos old. He spent 5 months with him and was just starting to run very basic blinds at about 12 months old. He got his Senior Hunter title in AKC tests just before 2. They are expecting way to much way too soon from such a young pup.If the pup came from a good breeding, which I assume she did by the price he paid, she is WAY to young to even consider giving up on. IMO your friend needs to find another pro that has proven to be able to bring along pups the right way. I am blown away that he'd suggest sending her home after a month for anything other than absolutely refusing to pick up birds and/or showing no interest in them what-so-ever. I do commend the trainer for sending the dog home if he can't/won't do what she needs. A lot of guys would just continue sending the bill every month.If the pup is birdy, likes and gets excited about retrieving birds, that's half the battle and I would definitely not give up on her. Find another trainer and I'll bet he ends up with a good hunting dog by next years hunting season.edit; remember too that "other dogs that started later are doing better" probably has a lot to do with the individual dogs maturity. This pup is a 6 month old baby.
I would probably build one, and use either Mahogany or Hickory with a marble inlay on the lion's claw footing, with gold leaf on the nails.Also, when you buy sheets, make sure you stuff your hand inside the bag rub your hand up in there pretty good like you are fiisting a giant vagina, but with an open palm. Thread count is important, but it can be misleading. You need to look at ply and thread thickness as well. But I always just do a good rubbing to see if they feel good or not.
This is excellent advice but you have to think about this a little more. This is a guy who has slept on straw mattresses the better part of his life. Well, I suppose napa could have had cotton or horsehair stuffing in a sack, I don't keep up with the current mattress stylings of Iowa to be honest. The history of mattresses is pretty interesting though, if not downright creepy. Mattresses have been historically a source of bugs, mice, rats, bacteria especially given the various contents they were stuffed with. I was just reading about it in Bill Bryson's, At Home- A brief history of the house and everything in it. so Napa could probably go to TJ Max, save some money and still be heaven. You are going to spoil him with all this thread count stuff, it's not like he's going to wash the damn things anyway.

Re: puppyYa, I thought it was a little soon to give up on her because she does come from good bloodlines and she ****in loves retrieving birds and ish (did a little pigeon work) but I don't think I can convince my roommate to give her another chance because he really likes this trainer I guess, so I don't know. Just sucks to see her go since she's a fun dog. Wtf is a Tuesday morning store? Is that literally what it's called? Doubt we have those in Iowa.

Wtf is a Tuesday morning store? Is that literally what it's called? Doubt we have those in Iowa.
You have a couple in Des Moines. I already checked. They get shipments on Tuesdays of overstock and outdated items. Think of it as an in person overstock.com
Worst book Liz ever read. It scared her for weeks.Happy Bday!
OMG, it is one of the most fantastic books! Same for his other books. His other Brief History on the Science book was amazing as well. His travel books are very informative and super entertaining, like Down Under about Australia.Oh, it was probably the Bed Bug thing, haha.Oh and thanks!
factually untrue
much like your face.and for all of those on the edge of their seats in regards to the at work single mom, she's been avoiding/ignoring me, so no worries there!