I Called In Sick Today

I once flew from NC to Seattle with the pilot zig zagging around t storms the first half of the flight, on a 737. Can't imagine having to do that on a crop duster.

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Why don't the people at work just go to the liquor store themselves?

one must venture a reasonable distance outside of the bourbon capital to find this stuff on the shelves, and even then, I had almost no luck with the more difficult to find stuff while driving around KC. frankly, it was a huge waste of gas and time, even though I did enjoy figuring out the lay of the land on the initial run.

I think we are just entering a period of zero availability outside of the secondary market... and I will not be paying some dbag on craigslist a $50 hourly rate to beat me to the liquor store. I just have to accept that I won't have the chance to try some of the rarer stuff for another few years, until production catches up with demand.

I have to take planes like that when I go to see relatives. One time the flight attendant took a head count after we boarded, and then asked some of us to shift around for weight. There were no fatties on the plane, and unless they were transporting gold bullion, I hate thinking about the plane being that sensitive to 200 lb moving two feet.

My dad is the king of anecdotes. One that he retells fondly is about a flight he was taking on a smaller plane from a smaller airport a couple of decades ago.

Apparently it was somewhat late at night and after the plane was fully boarded, a stewardess announced that some people were going to have to get off the plane because it was too heavy. The passengers (I can't recall if my dad says it was him) retorted that the plane was built to carry the amount of passengers on board and that no one was particularly fat. She replied that there was too much luggage. "Well, take some of the luggage off?" "The baggage handlers gon' home!" The passengers unmoved, she exclaimed, "If some people don't get off this plane, we gon' crash!" My dad and a couple of other people volunteered to get off after that and rented a car together.

• Like 1

I am very confused. Is there something about where you live that makes it hard to buy this stuff? Do you not have any BevMo's or Total Wine or Costco?

everyone is into rare bourbon here, and it has gotten so out of control that it has spilled over into historically not rare brands. you literally can't find Weller Antique on the shelf in Louisville unless it has been released in the last 24 hours, and even then, it's not a sure thing. we have tons of big stores, and they do put in big requests for the nicer bourbons, but demand has outpaced supply for years.

no joke, the only chance I have of ever getting a great bottle is to camp out at a store on the Saturday after thanksgiving, or pay an ungodly amount of money on the secondary market.

Strat...I'll buy all that I can here in town and then stop at a multitude of stores on my drive and then you can sell them on the brown market. We'll make hundreds, if not tens, of dollars.

I've had my first cold recruiter contact from linked in. I've been called about jobs before, a friend or coworker had recommended me.

This makes me really, really happy.

ps almost died today running for my bus, I ran directly in front of a car--wasn't thinking.

• Like 2

LinkedIn strikes again.

Very glad the car didn't.

It's nice being in the North Bay since the temps are about 20 degrees cooler than home. Heading further North to Eureke in the NW corner of the state this morning.

This is my first summer having this job and I can't wait for it to end. All the kids out if school means lots of vacationers clogging up hotels making it really hard to find rooms for under $150 a night at hotels Ive stayed at before for $109. If they have rooms at all.

• Like 1

This is my first summer having this job and I can't wait for it to end. All the kids out if school means lots of vacationers clogging up hotels making it really hard to find rooms for under $150 a night at hotels Ive stayed at before for $109. If they have rooms at all.

Same reason I love summer and don't want it to end.

Crowded hotels suck. Kids arent great either. I dont know how you do it, tilty. Being on the road is tough. Jist flying like i did this past week was not fun. Thiugh maybe being out on the open road ny myself would be better.

So one of the Financial Advisors told me to call one of his clients because "the guy is a pain in my ass and i dont care what happens."

So i called the guy and got him to agree to a meeting. Then spent 20 minutes explaining the parking garage to the old man. At one point he said to me, "underground? For christ sakes i dont understand what youre saying to me!"

Its maybe 20% he actually finds the building and makes it up to our floor.

Didn't we have someone here who was in the predatory shed business?

I have a question. My local shed predator has something similar to this on his lot for around $5K

22.jpg

Now that's set up and delivered and building code exempt as long as I don't run power to it and do not inhabit it (which of course I'm going to do both, but only after I get it installed an an exempt structure so I don't have to deal with their retarded bureaucratic horseshit) Intuitively, that seems like a fair price since its a building and I've spent more than that on a watch, however I'm one of those people who cannot do anything unless I exploit every possible angle and leave the counterparty with pangs of regret, so please give suggestions on how to work this deal to my advantage on the basis of shed business secrets.

That is just stupid. I could buy 10 bottles of any of that stuff tomorrow. Most of that is at my grocery store if I wanted it.

can you go buy a bottle of elmer t lee and post a pic of it with FCP as a backdrop?

EDIT: you could also drink said bottle since it is delicious bourbon

Edited by InternetExplorer

I've had my first cold recruiter contact from linked in. I've been called about jobs before, a friend or coworker had recommended me.

This makes me really, really happy.

ps almost died today running for my bus, I ran directly in front of a car--wasn't thinking.

Thank you for not dying. That would have been awful to have you just quit posting for no reason and never finding out what happened.

• Like 1

waddell & reed called me yesterday about a job paying like $15k more than I would make if I got a max raise this year. I applied to the job like three months ago. at the time, I was pretty angry at my roommate and badly wanted out, but now that I've cooled off, taking the gig at W&R seems like capping myself out at a pretty low salary figure. I guess my perspective is basically, how do you quantify the value of a work situation where all the key people in the company prioritize training/growing employees?

• Like 1

Crowded hotels suck. Kids arent great either. I dont know how you do it, tilty. Being on the road is tough. Jist flying like i did this past week was not fun. Thiugh maybe being out on the open road ny myself would be better.

If my travels required anything close to weekly flights I would not have taken the job. I only have to fly once every 12 weeks or so. I like being on the road. Lots of good radio time.

Didn't we have someone here who was in the predatory shed business?

I have a question. My local shed predator has something similar to this on his lot for around $5K

22.jpg

Now that's set up and delivered and building code exempt as long as I don't run power to it and do not inhabit it (which of course I'm going to do both, but only after I get it installed an an exempt structure so I don't have to deal with their retarded bureaucratic horseshit) Intuitively, that seems like a fair price since its a building and I've spent more than that on a watch, however I'm one of those people who cannot do anything unless I exploit every possible angle and leave the counterparty with pangs of regret, so please give suggestions on how to work this deal to my advantage on the basis of shed business secrets.

I don't know anybody in the "predatory lending" shed business. Sorry.

waddell & reed called me yesterday about a job paying like $15k more than I would make if I got a max raise this year. I applied to the job like three months ago. at the time, I was pretty angry at my roommate and badly wanted out, but now that I've cooled off, taking the gig at W&R seems like capping myself out at a pretty low salary figure. I guess my perspective is basically, how do you quantify the value of a work situation where all the key people in the company prioritize training/growing employees?

If the stated mission turns into actual growth then it's very valuable. My experience is the more companies talk about developing their own people and promoting from within the less they seemed to do it.

• Like 1