I Called In Sick Today

Hot action round here. Tilty where you driving this week?

Only good thing about Southwest is their prices and they are pretty good at staying on schedule. Hate, hate, hate the no assigned seating thing.

Traveling relatively locally this week. North of SF bay for a couple days.

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

I'm confused, you're searching for good BBQ yet ordering burgers at these BBQ places?

I'm so glad you asked. This was my first thought too but I thought maybe it was a (another)weird mid west phrase I didn't understand.

I know I don't prefer this places actual BBQ and so I tried a burger because I was really craving a burger and needed to reasses their sides.

For whatever fvck reason no (decent) BBQ places are open on Sunday.

I understand the confusion, though.

Chicken breasts

Steak

Veggies

Eggs

Oatmeal

Fruit

Flat bread

Water

Bacon

Beef jerky

Quest bars?

Yolk seperator

Bagels

Brown rice

Cheese

Carrots

Salad dressing

Monster condoms for SA's magnum dong

Old crow for Strat

• Like 1

Luckily it didnt last long. The Four Seasons is nice as hell. Classy ass place to stay a night. The shower door is glass, thats how you know.

Bout to explore. The hotel is connected by skywalk to some buildings, so ill forage into the night and see whats what.

• Like 1

The sky was dark and angry earlier. Its cleared and hopefully gone because i dont want to take off in a storm.

Flying United instead of southwest because southwest didnt have a direct flight. Not upset though, southwest isnt great.

united is the shit fritata of airlines.

I know I don't prefer this places actual BBQ and so I tried a burger because I was really craving a burger and needed to reasses their sides.

For whatever fvck reason no (decent) BBQ places are open on Sunday.

I understand the confusion, though.

baptists.

Lightening strike on Blue Top Ridge golf course, IOWA! From a couple days ago.

B14CD8CB-AEB3-4C67-8609-A1EA9FF3ED9E_zpshjve8qhx.jpg

Who hacked essay's account?

well the walkway led to "the shops at Houston center," which is right up my alley. but everything closes at 6 and all the restraunts were already closed, not there were any good choices in the food court. so i walked over to the building i'll work from tomorrow and came back. the hotel restaurant is italian and i wasn't in the mood, so i ordered room service. bacon cheeseburger.

i would go white rice, pinto beans, chicken, and the red sauce. not into guac. lettuce is a waste of time. giving up cheese would be tough, but sacrifices must be made.

Summer in a bowl:

Cherries%20with%20Ricotta.jpg

Cherries soaked in red wine vinegar and honey, on ricotta with crushed almonds, mint, salt and pepper. I may need to go make another batch. Now not available at your local Chipotle.

• Like 4

god damn that looks/sounds restaurant quality. I might have to make that one.

Been busy all weekend/today with Montreal visitors. Had dinner at the inlaws Saturday and Sunday, did a beach day for Sunday afternoon, and had to make dinner for everyone tonight (10 people). Nothing special, but it's been fun. They have boys 12 and 8, and 6 year old girl, and it was nice for my son to get some good playtime in. They were all willing to engage and have fun, so it's been a good few days.

Bought some Weller antique today because of strat's ravings. **** if I can remember which price points are good off the top of my head in the liquor store, but the 750ml was $30 and I bought it. I don't love it? A little more boozy than I've been getting used to, with a bit of bite. My buddy and I finished up half a bottle of Four Roses Single Barrel a couple weeks ago during the Womens World Cup final, and I really loved that.

I'm also trying to avoid multiple glasses of the 107 proof stuff. Let's not get too crazy.

• Like 1

God I love the heat on 107. $30 for a 750 is not bad given COLA for your area. I'm drinking a little Stagg Jr tonight, which is 132 proof.

I brought four roses single barrel barrel strength for my brother's birthday. don't know if I mentioned that. it's amazing, but $65ish for a 750. these cask/barrel strength bourbons are stupid.

maker's cask strength is where I would steer you next. it's quite dangerous with how smooth it is.

I'm not a lover of "the heat" yet, taste wise. Took me a while to figure out 10%+ beers and getting to the tastes underneath the booze, so I'm confident me and Mr. Liver can get there.

I frequent a handful of liquor stores for beer purchases, but none of them are great on whiskey. I might have to re-visit the places I wrote off as shitty beer purveyors and give them a second chance to win my not-so-hard earned dollars.

i would go white rice, pinto beans, chicken, and the red sauce. not into guac. lettuce is a waste of time. giving up cheese would be tough, but sacrifices must be made.

Gotta have cheese. We're not flicking barbarians for crying out loud. Chicken, sometimes white, sometimes brown rice, pinto beans, sometimes corn, cheese, Guacamole, sour cream, mild and the hot sauce and just a little bit of lettuce to make it look healthy.

Made the carnitas tonight after a couple days of distractions. I was half way through before I realized I was going to take pictures of the process. They turned out amazing so I'll definitely make them again and remember to post.

Houston is a busy place. I would loathe living in a big city. Lot of good looking latinas down here though. Mucho caliente.

I mean there are more people eating at this food court than work in downtown kc. Its a zoo.