I Called In Sick Today

did you try antique with a cube of ice? not nearly as much of a sin as with an 80-90 proof bourbon... perfectly reasonable to water it down a little.

I generally throw a nice death star ice cube into most drinks. I am a sinner. I like cutting it a little, but also I like large ice cubes. And it gives me a reason to pour another one when half the ice cube is left. Wouldn't want to waste that half ounce of frozen water!

Also, big ups to thera who came through on twitter. That free burrito will be mine.

That's what I'm here for, occasionally.

Yesterday was one of the hotter days around here, 93ish with at least 50% humidity. Made the challenge of keeping the house cool with 10 people in it a bit more difficult than usual, but we got through okay. My father-in-law had some tenants move out (evicted?) and they left an air conditioner, so I replaced my old one with a free 10,000 BTU LG unit. Performed admirably yesterday. Anyways, tonight is indoor soccer night, and these summer games are brutal. No ventilation or AC on the fields, and the stale, sweaty air just sits there, waiting to be breathed in. Also conjures up Insanity-levels of sweat. It's a good workout, but can get pretty unpleasant.

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Why would they have an indoor sports facility with no AC, much less ventilation? Sounds crazy. And awful.

Why would they have an indoor sports facility with no AC, much less ventilation? Sounds crazy. And awful.

It's not really used from May - October; the only leagues they run during the late spring/summer are the adult coed soccer 3 nights a week. Thus, the only people that suffer are a handful of adults just looking to play. They do cut the cost from $950 to $650 for 7 games, with no "playoffs" in the summer sessions.

United Airlines. Only dirext flight option. I could have flown to north carolina and then home, but fvck that. Or a 3 hour layover in dallas. I didnt realize this tiny plane would be involved.

Thanks for knowing me so well Suited; that you would think I was dying to hear a Pope story.

• Like 3

My weekend:

I went to Iowa, then KC, then Dallas. Had a wedding. It was my oldest niece, and then we had an impromptu family reunion. I love my family a lot. There is only really one relative that I generally avoid. He's a VP at Wal-Mart and he lives in doubchbagville, or so i assume, since he's a huge douche.

Anyway, he wasn't there because he was vacationing in Belize or something. Whatever. The rest of the family was awesome and super fun to hang with. Out of all the kids, my mom and dad are the poorest, but they are still solid middle class.

Uncle Glen ha some solid advice. Never miss funerals or weddings for any reason. It's not about being there for the dead person or the couple getting married, it's about staying connected with the rest of your friends/family. It seems simple, but it's easy to make excuses to miss stuff like that, and he said it was one of his biggest regrets from earlier in his life.

Another Uncle is the Dean of Art at a significant Midwest art school. My oldest girl likes to draw and he noticed her sketch book. He then ended up giving her a 3 hour personal art class, which included her drawing random people and him guiding her and doing a few life portraits in her sketch book. She was in heaven. I also found out that he used to give Aunt Cindy the "Titanic treatment" when she was young and skinny (her words), so that was nice.

I saw my only surviving grandparent. She's in a nursing facility in Oklahoma, and she's probably the greatest grandmother to ever live. She had her 97th birthday (also the youngest grandparent; born in 1918. My oldest grandparent was my grandpa on my moms side, born 1888) on Saturday. Her brain is destroyed, but when I walked in her room, she immediately said "you look like a brvy", I was on the verge of crying the entire time I was there (about an hour). SHe didn't "know" me, but she was so thankful that I stopped by to talk.

Last night I stayed at a friends house in Missouri, which was awesome. He and his wife were old co-workers that I don't get to see much anymore. I stayed up talking with him until 2am, and then I was up and on the road at 6:30.

I love Shake drop-ins.

• Like 2

Why don't the people at work just go to the liquor store themselves?

• Like 2

Looks like ill be on some small plane, only one seat per row on my side. Two on the other. I dont care for that. Not for a two hour flight.

Yeah, that's no Bueno. I've been on those flames for < 1 hour flights but 2'hours would be uncomfortable.

Just make sure the pilot dodges the tornados and you'll be fine.

But, just in case, love you too buddy.

• Like 1

Looks like ill be on some small plane, only one seat per row on my side. Two on the other. I dont care for that. Not for a two hour flight.

I have to take planes like that when I go to see relatives. One time the flight attendant took a head count after we boarded, and then asked some of us to shift around for weight. There were no fatties on the plane, and unless they were transporting gold bullion, I hate thinking about the plane being that sensitive to 200 lb moving two feet.

Thanks for knowing me so well Suited; that you would think I was dying to hear a Pope story.

TIL I like sarcastic Christian brvy.

• Like 2

Not great. We had to fly around a storm. I could see lightning and it was far fo close for comfort. Second smallest plane ive ever been on. I flew on a propeller plane from philly to ithaca when i was 12. That flight still haunts me. I hope i go the rest of my life without stepping on a propeller plans again.

Now to survive the drive home.