I Called In Sick Today

yeah sorry suited, that bitch ain't calling. you should however keep her name on file and call her back yourself then.and there's no way in hell all three of us will be successful one day. you two, maybe. me, pretty sure that ship has sailed. gonna just figure out how to be happy fapping and buying suits I'll never wear.

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

it won't be this way for suited when he gets done. his degree is vastly superior (from an entry-level standpoint) to an undergrad in finance or econ. for me, even if the job is in finance, the employer still has to assume I know nothing. why even bother looking at substandard candidates, you know?

they weren't going to pay for me to come interview in person, and it's a five hour drive, and I would have had to take a day off of work, so we just did the whole thing over the phone.
I don't understand what you were thinking here.
I could lie to my supervisor, one of my coworkers has to work a 10 hour day, and take the risk that my crazy coworker rats me out at some later date, etc.
Why would you not do this? You're worried that a coworker at some later date would complain that you took a sick day? Really?I mean, this is monday morning quarterbacking, obviously, but I hope that next time you don't decrease your chances of getting a job do to the fear of annoying one insignificant nobody coworker.
whenever I have a meeting with a certain team that's mostly located in the other office, I schedule it there and travel myself. you'd be amazed at the difference in participation.
Aw, you meet with "teams". How quaint.

it looks like an atrocious decision now because the outcome was basically worst-case. I had no idea how underhanded and shitty the bank was going to be about this "promotion."I mean, good job picking the weakest among my reasons? I don't enjoy lying to my employer. I was feeling rather shitty about it at the time because I had committed to staying with them, and I knew they took a big risk in hiring a college grad for the job.

I don't mean to lash out or anything. obviously I know what my options are worth now, and I'm not gonna feel any shame in lying through my teeth about what I'm doing.

Aw, you meet with "teams". How quaint.
go rape a cat you poor business skill having motherfucker. teams are where it's at.and god damn, even the best and brightest pictures of des moines look fucking boring. your city sucks brv.

Suited,The most important legal job I ever got (had? received? I don't know) was a result of an initial failed interview where they "said they would keep my resume on file". They called me out of the blue a year later saying they had this big case and they needed tons of immediate help. Went in for another interview and was hired on the spot. Had that associate position for 14 months then bolted for an in-house position.So, yeah, it's MOSTLY bullshit, but I would check in with this person in 6 months just in case.

Seriously you should just do what I did. I married a successful sugar momma. I sit at my crappy job making crappy money while the numerous business' in Michigan fight over who will pay my wife more for what she can do. It's pretty awesome. Really helps with that terrible feeling of not being somebody.

and there's no way in hell all three of us will be successful one day. you two, maybe. me, pretty sure that ship has sailed. gonna just figure out how to be happy fapping and buying suits I'll never wear.
You just need to lower your standards for what you consider successful.
  • Like 1
You just need to lower your standards for what you consider successful.
oh trust me, I've tried to. it's just the whole competition thing where I have friends that didn't go to college, and to be honest, really aren't all that smart, making more than double what I do, all with jobs that have half the responsibilities and qualifications. makes it frustrating. that, plus it's pretty embarrasing any time I get into a discussion with a friend about jobs and salaries, and I say what I make and they immediately go to the "holy shit, that's it?! what's wrong with you?!" thing. but funnily enough, I did just come out of my annual review with my boss, and at the end when she mentioned that annual raises would be coming out in march, I mentioned how I thought the company's hr policies towards promotions/raises were ridiculous and how, especially for people in my position where the market rates are so much higher than what they could offer me, it makes it damn near impossible to retain people. she pretty much nodded and agreed. so oh well, if I do leave, at least I won't feel like I'm blindsiding them.

Well, if you can ever get paid what you're worth, your lifetimes earning will far exceed your friends. You will most likely have some sort of retirement benefit and your body will not break down by 40. I know lots of people who were making really good money in their 20's doing various constrctuion/labor type jobs. They are making the same or less now (most less) and their bodies are destroyed. These are people that some are late 20's to early 40's. Literally can barely walk. Hell, I know when I do work on my house for a long weekend, I'm fucked up for days after.EDIT: MK on Tilt in the blog forum is hilarious and also makes zero sense. I love it.

Writer. Right now she works for a large hospital in Michigan writing grants and proposals for their foundation.
My AP English teacher in High School did this, and quite frankly, the woman was a genius. So much so, that the school moved her out of the HS English department and into doing this full-time, leaving me with one of the dumbest teachers I had in all of school.Or I guess the dumbest, period. Craziest would be my art teacher.
I didn't realize there was a lot of money in that outside of books and movies.
"obligatory, they live in Detroit, they bought a 5 bedroom, 4 bathroom house for $28,000 joke"