Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

3 Reasons why the TV Channel 'Lifetime' is Awesome:1. Frasier2. Golden Girls3. Will & GraceWHO'S WITH ME? ANYONE? No-one? Okay then.
I'll step up and defend the golden girls ferociously if it comes down to it. Probably one of the best written, acted, and socially redeeming shows of all time. Top-notch, every week.
2. Uhhh, no thanks regarding the girls. I do remember though when I was younger when this show currently was the hot show on TV my grandmother thought I should not want it because of Blanche, there was too much suggestive content. lol
Actually, during screening Betty White was supposed to be Blance, and Rue McL was supposted to play Dorothy.. They swapped readings for the absurdity of it and had so much fun they decided to play it that way. Looking back upon it, to think how close we were to losing out on all those straight-faced St. Olaf stories... yikes.
Grace isn't a good character, but the script is so sharp I can really enjoy the show. For instance just now Grace said she ended up sleeping with this guy 3 times and Will said "Let me see.. once, twice, three times... no, that doesn't make you a lady". If you don't know your Lionel Ritchie that will probably go over your head, but if you do it's a pretty 'zing' line.
Will & Grace is the ultimate in negative freerolls: You don't get the reference, you're missing out on 90% of the joke.. You get the reference, you're even more worried about what that means in the grand scheme of things.
I'll step up and defend the golden girls ferociously if it comes down to it. Probably one of the best written, acted, and socially redeeming shows of all time. Top-notch, every week.Actually, during screening Betty White was supposed to be Blance, and Rue McL was supposted to play Dorothy.. They swapped readings for the absurdity of it and had so much fun they decided to play it that way. Looking back upon it, to think how close we were to losing out on all those straight-faced St. Olaf stories... yikes.Will & Grace is the ultimate in negative freerolls: You don't get the reference, you're missing out on 90% of the joke.. You get the reference, you're even more worried about what that means in the grand scheme of things.
I'm loving the Golden Girls appreciation here. I think a lot of people dismiss it without watching because they assume it's a show about old women FOR old women, when it is actually a hilarious and entertaining show no matter what your age or gender is. Thanks for the trivia too, I had no idea about that. The casting really is perfect as it is.You're right about W&G, a lot of the jokes rely on your knowledge of pop culture. It's kind of like the Simpsons though - you can still enjoy it even if you miss a reference completely because it's a mix of visual and verbal comedy. Also a lot of people get too hung up on the Will and Grace characters just because they are title characters. Most people agree that Jack and Karen are the stars of the show. Who doesn't love a completely self-absorbed character with delusions of grandeur?

Not trying to do a loogie here but...Is it just me or do pictures like this make you feel weird and ill too?_45133656_prostate_cred226.jpgKinda like looking at the boob larvae makes you feel weird/ill. p.s. the picture is of prostate cancer. I hate the sponginess and ughhh it makes me feel awful to look at it. It's the same for me whenever I see a reallllly close up anatomical picture e.g. a blood cell close up.

which I'd imagine is quite a contrast to the noise you must be dealing with now that you've joined the sick thread roofless households society. how's that working out for you?
My house is still in one piece so I'm still better than you, obviously.
Not trying to do a loogie here but...Is it just me or do pictures like this make you feel weird and ill too?_45133656_prostate_cred226.jpgKinda like looking at the boob larvae makes you feel weird/ill. p.s. the picture is of prostate cancer. I hate the sponginess and ughhh it makes me feel awful to look at it. It's the same for me whenever I see a reallllly close up anatomical picture e.g. a blood cell close up.
Don't worry, I have a feeling you'll never get it.
What's the earliest acceptable time to start drinking? is 6am ok?
In certain situations (Vegas, multi-day parties) it is acceptable to start and stop drinking at any time. As for "regular" occasions....
[judges wait for official ruling from mr. n-icewater]
this

Six am is a perfectly acceptable hour to commence drinking as long as the following is observed....You must have nothing important to do for the entire day. If it is suspicioned that a phone call from an important client may come in after nine am, be sure and have a speech interpreter close byYou have to go all the way or nothing. Just a few beers or a snort of whiskey does not countDo all the driving for the day before noon, avoiding the time between seven thirty and eight fifteen when the school buses are on the roads. Those little bastards can look directly into your car and will tattle about the bottle in the cupholderIt makes for a long, long, long day....Useful hints to make the most of the experience:Before the first beer, eat a half bag of Jalapeno potato chips or something spicy to kick start your system to whats about to happenTune the television to a program like Judge Judy or something else that makes you want to drink even moreHide all ammunitionResist the urge to burn something, no matter whatThrow a comfy pillow and blanket on the couch for use around two oclock. Notice how it is much more comfortable than the concrete patio you woke up on at five when you come to your senses and move to it at six

In certain situations (Vegas, multi-day parties) it is acceptable to start and stop drinking at any time. As for "regular" occasions....this
Well I've moved to the lounge room so maybe that will let me sleep, but if I'm still awake in a few hours I'll be severely tempted to go through the whole day drunk to deal with this headache that panadol has no affect on.Also Strat, I think you're doing it wrong.Edit:
Six am is a perfectly acceptable hour to commence drinking as long as the following is observed....You have to go all the way or nothing. Just a few beers or a snort of whiskey does not count
Perfect, although it will probably be closer to 8am by the time I start if I do this.And of course.
Well I've moved to the lounge room so maybe that will let me sleep, but if I'm still awake in a few hours I'll be severely tempted to go through the whole day drunk to deal with this headache that panadol has no affect on.Also Strat, I think you're doing it wrong.
I save like five hours per week going to/from campus compared to most people. I would say I am doing scheduling RIGHT. where's therrinn to back me up? where's my homenig polak at?I do fail at enjoying college, but life's been fun for a year or two now.
Throw a comfy pillow and blanket on the couch for use around two oclock. Notice how it is much more comfortable than the concrete patio you woke up on at five when you come to your senses and move to it at six
Or a Snuggie