Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

I read this sentence 5 times and all I came up with was: DON'T DO IT. BEATING OFF WON'T TALK BACK TO YA OR TEXT YOU IN THE MORNING WITH A "How you doing this Morning?"
I read it a few times and concluded that obama euphoria has turned mike insane. huh.
yeah, luckily I'm always alone, so nobody ever hears me. well I know the army's got a pretty strong deal with KY, and they're owned by Johnson and Johnson. maybe they could hook us up with them? I'm thinking imodium, mylanta, or zyrtec. beans will be our negotiator, obviously.
Id much rather be alone these days, but even I piss myself off quite a bit....One time when the world had me by the throat I took off into the desert for a few days. Somewhere way off where I wouldnt have to see or hear another aggravating human, ya know. Fifteen minutes after unloading the ATV here comes some hermit that walked right by my camp talking and laughing to himself. I figure that guy will be me one of these daysHey, that reminds me.... I took several Foxfire books with me on that trip to re read. You being the outdoorsy and backwoodsy type have to have read those, right? My favorites are the ghost and moonshining storiesI could probably squeeze a few bucks outta MADD for sponsorship, but at least three of us in here would have to change our screen names and go underground for a while
I thin realized that I'm just an....
(feedback) :Paging Dr. Freud to the sick thread..... Dr. Freud to the sick thread please: (feedback/clicking sound)
squat thrustsWho's training you, Mr Mendelbaum?
you think you're better than me?
Hey, that reminds me.... I took several Foxfire books with me on that trip to re read. You being the outdoorsy and backwoodsy type have to have read those, right? My favorites are the ghost and moonshining stories
you know, I've never actually read them. I think we went over them in one of my english classes in high school, but I think we just watched some video with john denver in it instead of reading the books (my memory may be slightly askew as to the details here). but yeah, that is actually a good idea. they are books that I've always wanted to start reading but never did. maybe when I lose my job and have to cut off my tv, internet, and electricity, I'll get a library card and spend time reading them. it'll add to the atmosphere.

Never go into an ACO Hardware and try and buy a garbage can lid. They bite your head off.So I have this huge hole in the lid of my garbage can. Not a good thing to have. Animals can get in and more importantly, water. Nothing like a can filled with wet garbage to spread a lovely smell around your estate. So the can is perfect, so I go to get a lid. I take the lid from the area where the lids and cans are and head up to the register. I get there and this old hag of a woman is finishing up with the person in front of me. It's my turn and I put the lid on the counter and pull out my wallet. She turns away, reaches for her purse, pulls out lipstick, puts it on, grabs a tin of mints, puts one in her mouth and I am just standing there waiting. She grabs the lid and then stops, looks up at me, and says:Old Lipstick Smearing Hag of a Woman: What's this??Me: A lid...OLSHOAW: You can't buy a lid!Me: Why not, I have before.OLSHOAW: Well then they did something wrong because you need to get a garbage can!Me: I don't want a garbage can, I have one, I have a broken lid.OLSHOAW: Well if the lid is broken then the whole thing is broken because they come as a set.Me: Ummm, no, you replace what is broken, I am not going to buy another garbage can to get a lid because I will still be short 1 lid. That makes no sense.OLSHOAW: We only have enough lids for cans.Me: Really, I will be right back.So I left to go back to where I got the lids. Take a quick inventory and come back.Me: You have 8 cans and 22 Lids, not including the one here. So why so many lids? Maybe to sell them to people getting lids. OLSHOAW: Well there is nothing here for me to scan and so I can't sell it to you. Me: Fine, I will then take my business to Home Depot from now on. Try to help the little ACO store in your city and this is how they treat you, won't even take a lid.At this point the manager shows up and asks what the trouble is. I tell him, no trouble, just need a lid, Hone Depot will have them.20 minutes later I am leaving HD with a lid.Thank you and good night.

You seriously need a "Steve's Consumer Corner" thread. You have more issues with everyday commerce than anyone I've ever met.This is a compliment, not a suggestion to peddle your stories elsewhere. I quite enjoy them. Shoulda bought the bitch a bag of chips though.(I have this mental picture now of Steve rolling around Detroit like a modern day Robin Hood, giving shopowners and surly employees little bags of Lays every time they cross him. It's making my whole day).

Why do you say he was going to lose it anyway? As far as I knew, the contract was due to expire but that doesn't mean Kelloggs wouldn't have chosen to extend it had this scandal not happened. He still had/has a bankable image and it seems likely to me that they would have wanted to keep him when the contract ran out. Have you heard differently?
Subway is keeping him and I can't wait for the new stoner commercials.
BACK ON TOPIC PEOPLE!What are we doing to get a sponsor. I want some free shit.Maybe we can put wangbear on this, he seems like a person who can get things done.
Damn newbies, don't even know we are sponsered.THE MAGIC BULLET!magic.jpg
And you, the running with the cute girls?
persistance.jpg
You seriously need a "Steve's Consumer Corner" thread. You have more issues with everyday commerce than anyone I've ever met.This is a compliment, not a suggestion to peddle your stories elsewhere. I quite enjoy them. Shoulda bought the bitch a bag of chips though.(I have this mental picture now of Steve rolling around Detroit like a modern day Robin Hood, giving shopowners and surly employees little bags of Lays every time they cross him. It's making my whole day).
It would be like my $20 bill! I am going to go buy some this weekend now and do this.
I have always thought they were sold as sets...
Well at Home Depot you can walk out with a lid no question. You know probably because if a lid is stolen or broken then buying a new set still leaves you with one good can without a lid. You could never catch up. I bet if I came up with a can and no lid she would have sold it to me.

I remember awhile back the local news had a guy who go around and point out bad stores and scams with rebates, discounts, etc. In fact it may have been national, and just syndicated. Either way this is how I picture Piddle Brian acting while shopping, but sadly no cameras are there for our entertainment.

I remember awhile back the local news had a guy who go around and point out bad stores and scams with rebates, discounts, etc. In fact it may have been national, and just syndicated. Either way this is how I picture Piddle Brian acting while shopping, but sadly no cameras are there for our entertainment.
Maybe I can find a way to put my iflip in a pocket.
plus, I mean, how the hell do you throw away a trash can?
Yeah, everyweek it would just sit there. The garbage men will just think crazy people live in the house because they keep putting out one full trash can and one empty.

you'd have to buy another trash can that's even bigger and put the old one in it. then you wouldn't need that one anymore, so you'd have to buy another, even BIGGER trash can and put that one in it... good lord, this would go on for years.

you'd have to buy another trash can that's even bigger and put the old one in it. then you wouldn't need that one anymore, so you'd have to buy another, even BIGGER trash can and put that one in it... good lord, this would go on for years.
trash-can-group-400.jpg
you know, I've never actually read them. I think we went over them in one of my english classes in high school
I alway figured the writing in those would give an english teacher a light stroke, but I suppose it would keep kids busy for weeks interpreting it...."Wes wus domn by tha still when one of them there varmints done did in tha coon dogs ya see. Dint make no difference ta me cause Willy seed a spook lite meanin somebody done went ta his maker dat evnin"
Never go into an ACO Hardware and try and buy a garbage can lid.
This story had everything..... info business practices, hateful employees, and consumer revengeVery good work
You seriously need a "Steve's Consumer Corner" thread. You have more issues with everyday commerce than anyone I've ever met.
If only he stayed about fifty percent intoxicated and had a bigger chip on his shoulder I could defiantly see a weekly series possible
I bet if I came up with a can and no lid she would have sold it to me.
Absolutely correct....Some places actually go to the trouble of hiding the lids and hoping you dont notice them
plus, I mean, how the hell do you throw away a trash can?
Sit it next to the neighbors cans of course
i just found 3 UNOPENED packets of McD's Hot Mustard in the fridge here at workOFFERED @ $1 FOR 3
prove it with a pic please. if they're in good condition, i'm interested. i assumed stars transfer is acceptable?
I have always thought they were sold as sets...
i know, right? would you go into a clothing store and try and buy a pair of pants without a shirt?
Well at Home Depot you can walk out with a lid no question. You know probably because if a lid is stolen or broken then buying a new set still leaves you with one good can without a lid. You could never catch up. I bet if I came up with a can and no lid she would have sold it to me.
the real question is, how much was the lid? same price as the lid+can?the way to get rid of the lidless can is to put a sign that says "$25 OBO" on it and leave it by the road.