I Called In Sick Today

No one's laughing at Strat for going to the ER for heartburn? What happened to you guys?On the 4th of July six or seven years ago, I did three hits of ecstasy, multiple rails of cocaine, drank an unknown yet certainly large amount of alcohol, and smoked many, many bowls of weed (to even everything out, of course). I didn't end going to the hospital, but my car did get towed. The next morning I walked to my audition for Clockstoppers and gave one of the best reads of my life.
Not his time yet.Think sometime in June after the Blues beat the Rangers in game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals.He chokes on a hot dog, no catsup of course.LG then falls in love with IQ Crash and they move to Sweden where she has a sex change.Or somehting like that.
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

So while strat was lying in a nice comfy bed in the ER, his roommate and I got to sit in the waiting room with the worst selection of magazines I have ever encountered. By the time his parents arrived and told us we should go home because he was ok, I had resorted to reading "Parents" magazine.Still, strat missed out on a pretty exciting time. About 40 mins into our wait, a black man waltzed in to the emergency room. He had a big blanket wrapped around him over his clothes, a hat and sunglasses on, and was waving a leafy twig around like a fairy wand. He announced loudly that he needed help, but would not specify why, only rambling incoherently and occasionally throwing in that he was crazy and couldn't read, write or spell. The best part was that a couple of times during his questioning from the intake guy behind the desk he broke out into rap - what sounded like pretty skilful freestyle rap. Of course, I was scared for my life. Here's this mad as a hatter, possibly coked up black guy who could very possibly flip at a moments notice and pull out a switchblade from under that grimy blanket, and I'm trying my best not to start laughing. When I am really nervous I laugh, and I was damn nervous. However a security guard discretely emerged from another door, and they took the guy to 'see a doctor', which I expect meant that they took him out the back way and told him to take a hike and get on his bike.
Highlights FTW! Why weren't you in there offering to smother him with a pillow?

Just to clear things up, I don't do "hard" drugs or drink heavily anymore.I smoke weed, but I'm continually trying to shake that vice as well. It would be easier if I still smoked cigarettes. Well, off to church choir practice.

Just to clear things up, I don't do "hard" drugs or drink heavily anymore.I smoke weed, but I'm continually trying to shake that vice as well. It would be easier if I still smoked cigarettes. Well, off to church choir practice.
Is it Wednesday already?
always assumed ron mexico would be the first to post this.well wishes and the what not, I'm sure it's nothing though. you're too young and don't do coke. you're a trooper!
Why the hell were you up at like 4am?!?
Hope you're ok. Did you do any recent heavy lifting or anything? I remember when I was younger I had really bad chest pains and went to the ER and they said it was built up gas or pressure of some sort because I over exerted myself...? This summer a friend of mine thought she was having a heart attack too, lots of pain in the chest area and in the arms and stuff and it just turned out that she had some ribs out of place, so hopefully it's just something like that.
huh?

I'm conflicted, I would like to ask a bunch of absurd questions in s7s's new thread, but at the same time I think if he actually tells people something, that it might be interesting. So I am abstaining for the time being.

I'm conflicted, I would like to ask a bunch of absurd questions in s7s's new thread, but at the same time I think if he actually tells people something, that it might be interesting. So I am abstaining for the time being.
How much you reckon he'll charge to tell everyone Sam Grizzle plays tight?

I've abstained from being critical of the guy since others seem to love the success they've had from doling the guy out thousands of dollars, but....I've got about 30 books on poker at home that were cheap, alot are available at the library or through FFP on poker siteswhich probably didn't cost me $200. You can read virtuallly anything on poker and if you need "coaching" the Psychology of Poker" is an excellent book. Sklansky's books on limit are great and Harrington on HOld Em is great for tourneys.There is an immense wealth of information on all the poker sites as well. If you have specific questions there is no shortage of sites to evaluate play in strat forums.Why in the hell would I shell out $500 for a few hours of "life coaching".To me the guy has an extremely overinflated ego and alot of nerve.

I've abstained from being critical of the guy since others seem to love the success they've had from doling the guy out thousands of dollars, but....I've got about 30 books on poker at home that were cheap, alot are available at the library or through FFP on poker siteswhich probably didn't cost me $200. You can read virtuallly anything on poker and if you need "coaching" the Psychology of Poker" is an excellent book. Sklansky's books on limit are great and Harrington on HOld Em is great for tourneys.There is an immense wealth of information on all the poker sites as well. If you have specific questions there is no shortage of sites to evaluate play in strat forums.Why in the hell would I shell out $500 for a few hours of "life coaching".To me the guy has an extremely overinflated ego and alot of nerve.
Probably because at one point or even maybe now he was a talented winning player and to get one on one help is more valuable than reading a book on the shitter. I understand your points and I would not shell out $10 for it but I see the value in having someone with his knowledge sitting there with you during actual hands teaching you. You don't get that from any video or book.
Probably because at one point or even maybe now he was a talented winning player and to get one on one help is more valuable than reading a book on the shitter. I understand your points and I would not shell out $10 for it but I see the value in having someone with his knowledge sitting there with you during actual hands teaching you. You don't get that from any video or book.
Well, he's not sitting there with you as you play and has admitted he does a more general overview of things vs hand history type analysis. Again, if I want hand history analysis I can get it for free. I just seriously doubt he could teachme anything I couldn't find in a book or already read and know. I know that sounds presumptios, but it's my feelings about it and if you don't like it I'll make some froi gras out of your little duck ass. k?
Well, he's not sitting there with you as you play and has admitted he does a more general overview of things vs hand history type analysis. Again, if I want hand history analysis I can get it for free. I just seriously doubt he could teachme anything I couldn't find in a book or already read and know. I know that sounds presumptios, but it's my feelings about it and if you don't like it I'll make some froi gras out of your little duck ass. k?
ok
I have actually talked to him via PM, awhile back. Its more like Tony Robbins for poker players. If you are the type of person who needs that, then it can be invaluable. I know in my industry, some "coaches" get $1,000 and hour or more, but for the people who respond well to that, they more than pay for themselves.
Why the hell were you up at like 4am?!?
well I'm on the east coast so it was more like 5:50 am, but I wake up at 4:40 every morning to work out, eat breakfast, and shower. I'm pretty much a morning person I guess. oh, and coffee. I fucking LOVE coffee.
well I'm on the east coast so it was more like 5:50 am, but I wake up at 4:40 every morning to work out, eat breakfast, and shower. I'm pretty much a morning person I guess. oh, and coffee. I fucking LOVE coffee.
You still on the Gevalia program? I go back to them whenever I need a free coffeemaker.
You still on the Gevalia program? I go back to them whenever I need a free coffeemaker.
yeah, still going strong. I've thought about quitting to try to get some free stuff, but I can't go that long without their coffee. I've been close to quickening my shipments from 6 weeks, and it's only me drinking it. good stuff.
I have actually talked to him via PM, awhile back. Its more like Tony Robbins for poker players. If you are the type of person who needs that, then it can be invaluable. I know in my industry, some "coaches" get $1,000 and hour or more, but for the people who respond well to that, they more than pay for themselves.
More this stuff. And just some honest insight on the guy...Ya got to remember, back at the time (early '06 for me) he seemed like the answer to my stalled poker journey and a chance to get better and see things from the other side of the curtain. There really was no organized Cardrunners type help then and only a few good books were available (most still suck imo). Steve and the training (more life than technical, but he did sweat sessions) did help me a ton then, and having personal 24/7 access to him, Checky, NoSup4u, Jeet, etc. was HUGE. I have to admit that the group as a whole was worth the cost. I am still good friends with all those guys, even though I have since decided that poker will now just be a source of extra income and not my main means. Steve is definitely an acquired taste for many, I can see how. He can come across as arrogant, selfish, standoffish, condescending, etc. to those who don;t know him. And it does seem like lately he only came around to hawk his wares, so to speak. But I honestly think if you lined up all the criticism on a list and showed it to him he would be a little shocked. I don't think he realizes how he comes across sometimes and lives in a very strange/unique/introverted lifestyle cocoon. Maybe part of it is because he;s the kind of guy who could care less what folks think, and ya gotta respect that really, but he can take the flames. I think it's good that people fired back and that he seems to be around more now. we'll see for how long...But Steve is a super nice guy, a good guy and a very generous friend. And he is still a force in live poker. His training cost is dick really as far as from a "he needs the money" standpoint. $2500 would total about 5 minutes in one of his average sessions.Again, not trying to suck his dick here, just putting it out there.ok that last part sounded like really super homo.