$100,000-200,000 limit holdem beal at wynn

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

does the wynn have 25K chips?i'm guessing they must.what did daniel use for his HU limit matches?
Does it even matter? I thought in some high limit games they just use $1 chips for whatever denomination they want.
I could play a few hands with the $1 chips I brought home for my kids...think they'd let me in? :club:

This must be such a rush for Doyle. At his age to be leading a team and playing for so much money.He lives for this stuff. Action like this comes around only every few years. It'd be intersting to see which pro pulls out of the corporation first if they were to be stuck millions and take his loss. I think the hardcore gambling ones will be there til the end. That said, once the corporation gets a huge lead, the stakes will rise and I'm sure the corporation will be gettin paid large at the end.

Sounds to me like the same old song and dance....bankroll management.The Corporation doesn't belong in the game with a guy that has unlimited recources, and that won't grieve over a couple of million dollar lost, unless they have more than a billion to play with.
Joking right? Why wouldn't you want to play with someone like that? When the money means nothing to someone in a cash game they tend to play worse than they would if the money meant something.
I was asked to be a part of the Corporation, but declined. I'm just not very comfortable risking large sums of money on things that I don't have personal control over. I'd be comfortable with certain players playing Andy, but there are other specific players whom I think play heads up limit hold'em terribly and Andy might be better fundamentally.
Care to elaborate or give details?What is your opinion on Andy's skills?
Umm, I'm not sure he wants to call out certain players and say they suck at HU hold'em. Professional courtesy, maybe, i dunno.(and filling in for daniel)...apparently Andy has been working hardcore at his poker skills. It should be interesting to see how "certain" players handle a much wiser Beal.
Obviously I don't expect Daniel to name names,jackass. I was more interested in HIS opinion on Andy.
no need to get your panties in a bunch, I saw you posted two questions...I guess you only had one though, my mistake.
Hope this helps.mcpoker.uswww.mikecunningham.blogspot.commc
1. Thanks for the info.2. I hope that dealers choice game didn't include HE. haha3. Keep the goatee, it makes you look mean.4. Please keep the updates coming!

Hey guys if you want to stay updated on this, check out www.bluffmagzine.com I am here at the Wynn, trying to get as much as I can. I was able to chat with some of the players, and I tell you the atmosphere is tense to say the least....

Four players were net winners against Beal: Jennifer Harman, Ted Forrest, Todd Brunson, and Howard Lederer. This was over a period of 3 years (2001-2004). I think the pros have virtually no edge on him, and are taking a huge risk if they are playing these limits. I'm excited to see what happens, but would not be surprised if Beal cleans up this time.

So at the end of the night beal up 1.65 mill or 16.5 bb. I'm kind of rooting against the corporation. Based on the trouble they nearly got in last time playing far lower limits you'd think they would either start lower or just tell Beal no....egos..

Good job im sure the members of the corp. need bankroll advice from you. They have plenty of bankroll and talent to compete in this game. If Beal should beat them for 20-30 mil it would not kill them as they have lots of borrowing power. A loss at these stakes would hurt sure but would not cripple them.
UHHH...you are wrong.....They are playing at the "limits" of their bankroll.....They have no edge on beal...and I am telling you...they are one big card rush for Beal away from total disaster....Of all people...Mike Matusow thought the Corp. was crazy...he was right in this instance.
Good job im sure the members of the corp. need bankroll advice from you. They have plenty of bankroll and talent to compete in this game. If Beal should beat them for 20-30 mil it would not kill them as they have lots of borrowing power. A loss at these stakes would hurt sure but would not cripple them.
UHHH...you are wrong.....They are playing at the "limits" of their bankroll.....They have no edge on beal...and I am telling you...they are one big card rush for Beal away from total disaster....Of all people...Mike Matusow thought the Corp. was crazy...he was right in this instance.
Barry Greenstein has gone on record saying that "The Corporation" probably has at most a 2% edge.

They are not playing agains some dude in a Steelers hat that just got off the bus with unlimited recources...sounds to me like Andy has game, too.The Firm, the Corp, the Coalition not only is tied to their bank roll, they have some huge egos on the line.Those things combined give Andy an edge.They have to play hard and smart, and do it fairly quickly.

Sounds to me like the same old song and dance....bankroll management.The Corporation doesn't belong in the game with a guy that has unlimited recources, and that won't grieve over a couple of million dollar lost, unless they have more than a billion to play with.
Joking right? Why wouldn't you want to play with someone like that? When the money means nothing to someone in a cash game they tend to play worse than they would if the money meant something.
only if they are a bad player to begin with, an unlimited bankroll and lack of respect for money will give a good player the edge... Andy Beal is not a bad player, I seriously think this is a toss up and if they play long enough for Beal to go on an extended variance upswing, it could mean dark days for the corp.
I was asked to be a part of the Corporation, but declined.  I'm just not very comfortable risking large sums of money on things that I don't have personal control over.  I'd be comfortable with certain players playing Andy, but there are other specific players whom I think play heads up limit hold'em terribly and Andy might be better fundamentally.
Care to elaborate or give details?What is your opinion on Andy's skills?
The big winners in previous Beal matches: T. Brunson, Lederer, HarmanThe losers: Reese, Greenstein.I'd bet a considerable sum DN is referring to BG.

Great updates guys. I have to read the book still, but can anyone give me an idea as to how these pros actually interact with Beal? Are they cordial? Do they all get along well or is this a matter of such a rivalry that there is dislike between them?

Great updates guys.  I have to read the book still, but can anyone give me an idea as to how these pros actually interact with Beal?  Are they cordial?  Do they all get along well or is this a matter of such a rivalry that there is dislike between them?
The book made it seem like there is a mutual respect...but not much more than that. It doesn't seem like they particularly love or hate each other.

From the bluff update for those of you who are too lazy to read it: Beal Up 1.625 million at the end of the day. Andy Peaked at 2.7 million dollars...Tomorrow play will resume early in the day, and apparently Jennifer Harman will be taking over the play tomorrow at 10:30 AM.