$100,000-200,000 limit holdem beal at wynn

I hope Jen can turn it around and clean beal out of the 10mil today.
The crazy thing is that 10 mil is barely anything at these stakes, that could be a few hands.
  • Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The crazy thing is that 10 mil is barely anything at these stakes, that could be a few hands.
True. May all her draws come, and all her big hands be paid off and all her bluffs successful.

I doubt she can get the whole $10M. If I remember correctly (and they are using the same "rules"), Beal can refuse to play someone at any point and force them to put a new player in. I think this is what he did to Lederer on more than one occasion. But, it has been a while since I read the book.Michael

Road posting via TREO650well....things have heated up allegedly. Jennifer went om quite a rush and erased yesterdays deficit...and at one point had the corporation up about 1 million. at the break things are said to be even.-from bluff mag.

True. May all her draws come, and all her big hands be paid off and all her bluffs successful.
New Mike Sexton line?

That book is great, I've read it through twice. I had a feeling this would happen again, and I wouldn't be shocked if the stakes go up even further. A more facinating element is the selection of players by the corp. There is an article on Cardplayer that says there is new blood. Jennifer Harmon says they are regulars in the 2k LHE game at the Bellagio, but not known for tournament play. In the book you get the feeling that Dolye doesn't have any intrest in playing, it's just not his best game, or second best for that matter. Chip didn't win, again it's not his best game, he is known for his professionalism. Not steaming, being able to play long hours while someone is steaming, making the most out of it when someone goes off for a big loss, and not doing so when he is not at his best. Barry didn't win, again LHE, not his best game. Chau Giang not his best game. These 4 guys in particular are winners in the big game, but not because they do well at LHE.Howard Lederer's best game is limit holdem. However, I haven't seen him playing tournaments, haven't read about him playing in the 4k-8k game. Daniel made about 5 appearances in that game, and Howard was never there. I wonder if his game is sharp? He pounded Beal last time. Todd was the superstar last time, and its obvious he is in. Jennifer beat him up to, she is in.Let the speculation begin as to who else may play.I will throw in 1 name, David Oppenhiem, I'd be shocked if he wasn't asked to get in. David Benyamine (sp) has been winning in the big game lately but I have never read how he does in LHE.http://www.cardplayer.com/poker_news/detai...il.php?p_id=803

Anyone know if Ivey is involved in the corporation?I forget why he wasnt involved last time.
From what I remember 2001/2002 trips he wasn't rolled that big yet. I don't think it was until late 02 or 03 that he started playing in the big game and making the big money. I think he was asked in 2003 and declined. Nobody has said if he's involved this time or not.
Anyone know if Ivey is involved in the corporation?I forget why he wasnt involved last time.
I think I read somewhere Ivey is one of them...however I remember DN saying there is no way he would let Ivey play with his money a sentiment a few of the Corp's players also have...
From what I remember 2001/2002 trips he wasn't rolled that big yet. I don't think it was until late 02 or 03 that he started playing in the big game and making the big money. I think he was asked in 2003 and declined. Nobody has said if he's involved this time or not.
I though for sure that in the book It mentiond that he was in the corp. I could be wrong.
I think I read somewhere Ivey is one of them...however I remember DN saying there is no way he would let Ivey play with his money a sentiment a few of the Corp's players also have...
Now this seems unlikely. I'd think ivey would be the person players want playing with their money.
Is Ivey not a good heads up limit hold'em player?
Now this seems unlikely. I'd think ivey would be the person players want playing with their money.
I can't think of another player that I would want playing with my money.
Hmmmm, that's interesting considering many consider Ivey the best poker player in the world right now. I guess his skills in HU limit HE aren't regarded very highly. Or maybe they just think he is too reckless for this game.
Hmmmm, that's interesting considering many consider Ivey the best poker player in the world right now. I guess his skills in HU limit HE aren't regarded very highly. Or maybe they just think he is too reckless for this game.
Were talking about when the corp. and beal played back in 2001-04. Ivey wasn't considerd the best in the world then.

My bad, checked the book. I was right that he didnt play in '01 or '02 but he did join the group in '03 and played one session. From the book:Phil Ivey played Andy Beal on Mon. and Tues. at limits of $30,000-$60,000. Perhaps spurred by the implications that he had ducked Beal during his early May win, Ivey wanted the first chance he could get to play the banker.After two days, Ivey had essentially broken even. He was ahead by less than the amount of one contested pot.Apparently during the earlier May '03 trip when Beal had jumped it up to $50,000-$100,000 Ivey refused to play Beal. That was when Jen had to get up early one morning to play him.Ivey was supposed to have a second session with Beal but when he showed up for his slot he found Lederer and Grey counting and racking chips. Howard had taken Andy for $9,000,000 and Andy said he would not return...we all know how that went.

Cash Game Accomplishments: There isn't a high limit player in the world that works harder or works more than Phil Ivey.  Phil's biggest strengths are his ability to "outlast" his opponents while playing marathon sessions.  Phil will rarely quit if there is someone willing to continue.  He excels playing long hours and is an excellent short handed player.He plays in the biggest cash games in the world on a regular basis where million dollar swings are the norm.  Phil has arguably won more money playing poker in the last five years than anyone on the planet.  Both his tournament and cash game skills are well respected amongst his peers.Best Game: 7 Card Stud.  Phil cut his teeth on the game playing $1-$5 stud at the Taj.  Within about six months he was already playing in the $75-$150 games.Worst Game: Omaha H/L.  It's hard to call it his worst game because he's come along way in the game.  It's probably his worst game by default really.Strengths: Endurance, creativity, focus, shorthanded skills, dedication.  You could go on and on about Phil's strengths really. He is a student of the game and the fact that he respects all of his opponents skills is what keeps him sharp.  He takes no one lightly.Weaknesses: No real poker weaknesses to speak of.  What remains to be seen though is whether or not he can keep up this torrid and exhausting pace for years to come.  If he's not careful he could run himself ragged and burn out too early.  He needs to make sure that he takes enough time away from the game to keep him interested.Cash Games: 10Tournaments: 9Emotional Stability: 9  Heart: 10Short Handed: 10  Ring Game: 8.5No Limit Hold'em: 9Other Notes: Phil doesn't spend much time worrying about what others think of him.  His priorities are winning money at poker.  Since he plays in the biggest cash games in the world that means a smaller tournament schedule.  He isn't in this game for the fame or noteriety, he is in it for the money all the way.  He doesn't do any self promotion whatsoever, but the public is fascinated by his skills and his presence at the table which makes him one of the most popular players in the game today.  He's not one to talk about how great he is... he simply proves it.
Phil won da heads up championship last year and could easily take down Beal. Comments??
I would bet on Beal every time in that matchup. Not that I think Phil is a bad player, but Andy's style would drive Hellmuth crazy. Phil would just get runover.