yeah, thought i'd be a noob with 2 posts huh lol...i just had a few things i wanted to post. fcp has really expanded and that is a good thing in a lot of ways, but its also has gotten so big that i read general and literally dont recognize many of the posters.i havent been logging into the site much for that very reason. i have noticed alot of other vets havent been on much either.there is a reason for that, fcp isnt all that fun anymore..having to sift through mindless posts<irony huh lol>and all the "hey dn , should i ever fold aa" posts is kind of tiring, espically since it used to be balanced out by all the vets that would post . that is no longer happening..dont get me wrong, the mods all do a great job, steve, custom,theresa,and kdawg..espically kdawg, hell, he's been here even longer than me..i hope he agrees with me in this, even tho he might not be able to say..i guess what im trying to get to is, would you guys consider starting a veterans forum? i know this was discussed then nixed in lieu of hiring more mods....honestly,im not even sure if a vets forum would solve the problem , but at this point its either that or just stop coming to fcp.i know dn doesnt owe us a damn thing, but it would be cool to have a forum where the ppl that have put in alot of time can post with others and not have to put up with b.s..i was gonna email dn instead of posting this, but i wanted to see what other members thought of this, if its looked upon as foolish than i apologize to the forum and to dn ..i have heard other vets feel the same way, im just curious as to wether they will have the guts to say so...ty for your time..flame away

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

use the search function dicckheadjust kidding actually there is a thread on it and daniel responded a few times and wanted to do it - the contraversy was over who qualified
maybe something like being a member for at least 6 months and having at least 500 posts? just a suggestion

I'm still not for a vets forum for the reasons that I wasn't for it in the first place. Making arbitrary cutoffs for things kinda makes things hard, and limits who has access to teh forums. I do know what you are sayin IveyFan, and it is a problem, but, its hard to figure out what to do to change it. Part of the problem is that because of what this site is, will attract fanboys regardless of what we do. That is just a fact that will never change, and maybe shouldn't change. Of course, the reasons that fanboys come to this site is the same reason that many good posters come to this site. THe fact is, only each and every person can make this site better if they want to. I don't post as much due to many reasons, but, I try to do my best when I do post, cest la vie

I'm still not for a vets forum for the reasons that I wasn't for it in the first place. Making arbitrary cutoffs for things kinda makes things hard, and limits who has access to teh forums. I do know what you are sayin IveyFan, and it is a problem, but, its hard to figure out what to do to change it.  Part of the problem is that because of what this site is, will attract fanboys regardless of what we do. That is just a fact that will never change, and maybe shouldn't change. Of course, the reasons that fanboys come to this site is the same reason that many good posters come to this site. THe fact is, only each and every person can make this site better if they want to, except for Teneight, he's pretty worthless. I don't post as much due to many reasons, but, I try to do my best when I do post, cest la vie
Could I FYP in a "veterans forum"? Just curious. :club:

I started posting here just before the charter member promotion began. I had been lurking a little while previous to that, and decided to join because of the sense of community I felt there was here at FCP, and I wanted to be a part of that.As soon as the charter membership thing hit, that sense of community diminished to almost being nonexistant. Then towards the end of november I felt it coming back, as I think the new posters stopped posting as much. Then after the FCP poker room launched, it all went to crap again, and hasn't recovered.Even though I am technically a veteran due to my post count, I don't consider myself a complete veteran. That being said, I pretty much only value the posts from other veterans on the site, and find the rest pretty annoying.Basically I think that a veterans forum would work, but why not include everybody who signed up before the charter membership started regardless of post count, and then have some sort of way for people who signed up after the charter membership promo to earn their way in.hmm, now that I think about it, I guess this post was just a long way of me saying, "Can I come? pleeeease! Pick me, pick me!" but whatever.

i haven't really been posting or reading for what seems like a month now. i'm surprised to come back and find out i'm not alone in being a veteran gone AWOL.it's sad to say it, but i've just kind of lost interest. i hope for it to be rekindled someday.i guess i like this place enough to have come back to post this reply, but i'm not sure if i'll be as active as i used to be.

Im pretty new here. I notice what you mean iveyfan. The general forum is filled with crap. Most of it either should be locked or deleted. But this forum has come along way and I don't know what having a veterans forum accomplish. So you can later be joined by the people you loathe? The bad posters here will eventually make enough bad posts to join your forum and clutter that up with crap. Infact, they would try so hard to join your exclusive club, that they would fill this forum with even more nonsense. Just my 2 cents.

Guest Zach6668

The General Forum Blows.I used to read every single thread on here and laugh my ass off at the shenanigans of Ron/Royal, etc, and actually learn from some of the others etc.General is basically useless at this point. It is now filled with crap. I live in the Limit and Micro Limit strat forums. That is all. I swing by General every once in a while when Strat is dead, but other than that, I don't come by.I would love to see a vet forum, but I have no idea whether I qualify or not. I was here when this felt like a family, and I was proud to put FCP in my screenname on Party Poker, etc.Anyways, my point is it is late, and General sucks.But if you suck, please don't come ruin strat. Cool/serious posters only.Zach.

*This is coming from a guy who was/is part and has modded another community for over 3 years that has boomed and experianced much of the same problems as FCP. Also I'm only *19*, so I know my opinion is worth something compareable to dirt*What good would a "veteran forum" accomplish? The point in community is to be a community, not elitists imo.You run into the problems already mentioned as in, arbitrary cut offs, and non-qualified people. I for instance have been a member for several months, and log onto the site 3 or 4 times a week, and read much of the goings on. But I don't post a ton, because frankly; A "FWP" or a "+1", "quote", or whatever post boosting nonsense just to increase my post count ads absolutely nothing to the community. And I have seen many MANY people with 1000+ posts, "contribute" with such comments. So why are they "better" than me, or a new guy that comes in here and posts relevant insightful things?Also, contrary to popular belief. Everbody posted here for the first time once. People build reputations, I'm sure there are several people on this forum now with 50 posts, that will have a 1,000 in a year, and will be beloved members. Why do they not qualify? Why are they not good enough?Which is the fundemental problem with a "veteran forum"... Veterans feel they deserve something, because they think they're special. But you're no more special than the new guy posting relevant material. Because it's the people that keep a community going. And if you single them out just because "seniority" is important, and have no other basis, then you are effectively cripling what makes a community a great place to be.If the op wants a special clubhouse. Make one. There are plenty of free hosted forums out there. MSN groups. Check it out. Invite all the "veterans" you think are qualified, and single people out that you don't like, and have your own special clubhouse. Bash the noobies there all day long. That's the beauty of the internet.-now- Something that I proposed and worked pretty well in the community that I volunteered for was what we called an All-Star program. And what the All-Star program was, was a nomination system of people that positively contributed to the community. It wasn't based on post count, or date registered. But on the information posted.They were nominated by the site staff, and all past all-stars. Anyone could be nominated, and then there would be a private poll, and the winner would get an special avatar, and forum title, to let the other users know, that this person was an outstanding contributer. There would be one all star voted on every select period of time (it could be monthly, bi-weekly, or quarterly).The all-stars would get benifits such as a private forum to hang out in, and inside access to information not made public to the regular users. What makes this system work a little better imo, is it is based not on seniorty or post counts or some other arbitrary number. But rather based on how good a contributer the people were.Now that I've posted this rediculously long post, I expect it to make not one bit of differance on this entire forum. Nor do I expect anyone to actually read it the whole way through.I do however expect a:

But I don't post a ton, because frankly; A "FWP" or a "+1", "quote", or whatever post boosting nonsense just to increase my post count ads absolutely nothing to the community.
FYP noobie douche clown...ok ok... sw. Now back to your regularly schedualed programming.

I used to come here every half hour or so, skim through strat..post a bit while i was playing. I would then end my session, sign on again, skim through general, and post a bit more.now, I only come here when Im bored. I usually check the titles of the threads in general and if I see one that i might enjoy Ill check it out (9 of 10 times I read the first sentence and leave). I read strat but I dont even bother posting anymore its pretty pointless. I started posting in a smaller forum, and I think I might start posting on 2+2 or something. Ill come here quite a bit, but only to keep myself updated not because I'll be "searching for content". Ive made plenty of friends in this forum, we have good discussions ALL the time..so Id rather just I.M. them than have to post a thread here and have 80 people answer with stupidity.I hope it gets better because I do miss the oldschool FCP...back when Jfarrel was the only idiot.PS. if you havent noticed, Ive been flaming a bit recently, which is something I never did. This is mostly because I dont take this forum seriously anymore. Im friends with most of the mods, and I appreciate the work theyre doing. But really, deleting and locking threads just wont cut it, I even think that might be hurting the forum a bit. It seems too strict and tense now.

I put three fingers in my own ass last night.
were they your fingers?
I just had the creepy image of a serial killer chopping off young coeds fingers and shoving them one by one inside of himselfthat's a good way to start any morning