Ivey Fan stop your whining. Be reasonable and understand that this the internet. Does it pain you that much when a newbie posts a bad beat story in the general? If so don't date a girl then. Also I see you in NWP all the time. Should we run our general like that?Do they even talk about poker there?
what do bad beat stories have to do with dating girls?are there women out there giving it up if you listen to their lame I had AK vs QQ and flopped a K but a Q came on the turn stories?
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Aren't you "vererans" just so cool?You should have your own room, if for no other reason than to keep you arrogant buttheads from running of any more new people with your unwarranted arrogant flaming.I've been posting on forums since 1997. I own one. I know that post counts speak to quantity, not necessarily quality.I don't think I have ever seen as much wasted bandwidth at any other site. You "vererans" seem to have the need to quote the entire thread dozens of times, so you can add a three word post. I know, bandwidth is cheap compared to poker swings, or a lot of things. But, you "vererans" not only slow the entire site down physically, but, make the threads much harder to read and enjoy with your mindless reposting.Waaaaaaa...we're too cool, and should be recognized as veterans, because we post a lot, we want our own room....waaaaaaaa.

I remember when DN posted the original thread about having a Veteran's Forum and at the time i was a newbie and i was absolutely against it. It just didn't seem right. I got flamed like there was no tommorow and i said that even when i became a veteran i would feel the same way. Well i still do. I completely understand what the vets are talking about with all the worthless crap that we sift through but i think the monkey was right. We should just stop giving them what they want and not respond. Personally i miss some of the vets comin on here because they're "bored" of it. Maybe i'm alone in this but i'm not "bored" of FCP. If you don't like the General then don't post in it. Not that hard. I'm sure you guys would be a big help in the strat. section helping out people with their game. I think something that would help a lot would be locking a lot more threads. The amount of mods now can't do it. We would need more of them so that at least 1 of them would be on at all times so when a worthless thread was posted, it would be locked immediately. Just my 2 cents....flame away.

Aren't you "vererans" just so cool?You should have your own room, if for no other reason than to keep you arrogant buttheads from running of any more new people with your unwarranted arrogant flaming.I've been posting on forums since 1997. I own one. I know that post counts speak to quantity, not necessarily quality.I don't think I have ever seen as much wasted bandwidth at any other site. You "vererans" seem to have the need to quote the entire thread dozens of times, so you can add a three word post. I know, bandwidth is cheap compared to poker swings, or a lot of things. But, you "vererans" not only slow the entire site down physically, but, make the threads much harder to read and enjoy with your mindless reposting.Waaaaaaa...we're too cool, and should be recognized as veterans, because we post a lot, we want our own room....waaaaaaaa.
hi
eat me
I'm sorry.
Look at me, I own a forum. Well I own you.Actually, I love Iveyfan, but disagree with him on this one.

i honestly don't think it's a matter of vets are cooler than newbiesit's more like a small group of people came to enjoy each others company when there was no one around and then sort of wound up in the middle of disneyland on the fourth of july looking for their friendsthere were days when a thread was like sharing your boring day at work with ten friends - that doesn't mean you dont want to make new friends but you want to be able to keep that small thing you hadWhen I was a kid my parents belonged to a yacht club at ceder point it was basically a run down shack - and they used to congragate and play music and hang out - and then the park tore it down and built a new restaurant that no one went to and the old friends had nowhere to congregatebefore there would be one thread that would have this sort of interchange on it - and it can't happen now because no one knows where to find itit's too bad that the chat room from the site is gonemaybe Royal needs to tell us his favorite Elisha message board and we will make our slurs there all the vets are saying is that it would be nice to have both the problem is deciding who is and who isn't - frankly i probably wouldn't make itit wouldn't be that horrible though - there could be newbie threads where the new people could mock the vet threads and we wouldn't be able to respond

Aren't you "vererans" just so cool?You should have your own room, if for no other reason than to keep you arrogant buttheads from running of any more new people with your unwarranted arrogant flaming.I've been posting on forums since 1997. I own one. I know that post counts speak to quantity, not necessarily quality.I don't think I have ever seen as much wasted bandwidth at any other site. You "vererans" seem to have the need to quote the entire thread dozens of times, so you can add a three word post. I know, bandwidth is cheap compared to poker swings, or a lot of things. But, you "vererans" not only slow the entire site down physically, but, make the threads much harder to read and enjoy with your mindless reposting.Waaaaaaa...we're too cool, and should be recognized as veterans, because we post a lot, we want our own room....waaaaaaaa.Oh, and I suck.

strangely enough for a guy whose post contain references to his or someone elses anus about 90% of the time Mr. Mexico is probably about the fairest guy on here to decide who is being cool and who is being a jerk - he doesn;t hold grudges - he gives people the benefit of the doubtsure i'm kissing up to him because he's the forum BMOC and daniel always mentions him but if Mexico honestly told me never to post here again = i wouldn't and i guess most people who have been around here for a while would concur

Please stop with this veterans forum crap. We are just talking about poker here. I know we all think it is rocket science. People pushing for a veterans forum are probably nerds who couldn't score in high school or excluded from the cool group.

Please stop with this veterans forum crap. We are just talking about poker here. I know we all think it is rocket science. People pushing for a veterans forum are probably nerds who couldn't score in high school or excluded from the cool group.

i honestly don't think it's a matter of vets are cooler than newbiesit's more like a small group of people came to enjoy each others company when there was no one around and then sort of wound up in the middle of disneyland on the fourth of july looking for their friendsthere were days when a thread was like sharing your boring day at work with ten friends - that doesn't mean you dont want to make new friends but you want to be able to keep that small thing you hadWhen I was a kid my parents belonged to a yacht club at ceder point it was basically a run down shack - and they used to congragate and play music and hang out - and then the park tore it down and built a new restaurant that no one went to and the old friends had nowhere to congregatebefore there would be one thread that would have this sort of interchange on it - and it can't happen now because no one knows where to find itit's too bad that the chat room from the site is gonemaybe Royal needs to tell us his favorite Elisha message board and we will make our slurs there all the vets are saying is that it would be nice to have both the problem is deciding who is and who isn't - frankly i probably wouldn't make itit wouldn't be that horrible though - there could be newbie threads where the new people could mock the vet threads and we wouldn't be able to respond
Well said Keith.
that is exactly the point - no one is putting anyone down - everyone has there own group and we had ours - in fact most of the people who are bummed will admit that it is barely about poker and that we're the nerds
that is exactly the point - no one is putting anyone down - everyone has there own group and we had ours - in fact most of the people who are bummed will admit that it is barely about poker and that we're the nerds

Just because some people post things 15 times a day for a year doesn't make them more valuable members than anyone else. You think a person that posts 15 times a day on average is putting quality material in every post?

Just because some people post things 15 times a day for a year doesn't make them more valuable members than anyone else. You think a person that posts 15 times a day on average is putting quality material in every post?
Every single one of my posts contains more quality material than you'll ever write in your lifetime.POW, right in the kisser!
Every single one of my posts contains more quality material than you'll ever write in your lifetime.POW, right in the kisser!
Speedz99=9 posts a day not 15.

I only post in strat now. NL or limit, mostly NL.I've been around since the beginning, and before there was even forums to be used as I'm sure most of the "vets" have, and I too would like to see a vet forum.Not cause I think I'm cooler or better than anyone else cause I've been around longer. I don't.But cause I can't stand general anymore. Threads suck. Most is filled with pointless dribble. And the old FCP was just better with a smaller group of guys who have bonded as time went on.I dunno, maybe it wouldn't change much since I too am noticing less and less vets posting, and more and more noobies. Again, I don't care so much about that, that's general for you...but I don't see why there couldn't be a vet forum. Or really, why there shouldn't be.- Jordan

I feel your pain iveyfan, since this is why I haven't been around here very often, which also sucks since I left when they charter member was in effect and I've been a member since the begining. So no hook ups for my arse.I miss the vets!