flaws in fcp cost me 170 dollars

playing 1-1 NLH, 4 see a flop raised 5 dollars by a maniac. Flop is 8 7 10 Rainbow. I have pocket 8's and check knowing maniac will bet. he bets 5, 2 call, I reraise 25 more. Maniac calls, next guy calls 25 and moves in for 14 more. One fold, back to me and the only option i have is to call. I CAN NOT RAISE?? WTF. In a regular game I move in here to isolate, since I do not put maniac on J 9. If other guy has it oh well, i'll have to make a boat. Of couse maniac calls 14 more. Turn is Jh, putting two hearts on board as well. I check maniac moves in for 101.00. I only have 104.00 left and don't think i can make the call. I fold. RIVER IS 8!!!!! Any ways one guy turns over pocket 7's and maniac has KhQh. It's sick how a dumb maniac and especially the flaws in fcp cost me money. They might have lost a customer!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Um.... that's a rule in NLHE, not the site's fault. If his bet is less than double your bet, you can't raise.
Yup can't fault them for using the correct rules for a NLH game.

You really should PM DNA4ever to get his opinion on the subject.Edit: Too late.In all serious, could someone explain this better to me. I was under the impression that if the raise is more than half of the original, it was reopened.

You really should PM DNA4ever to get his opinion on the subject.Edit: Too late.In all serious, could someone explain this better to me. I was under the impression that if the raise is more than half of the original, it was reopened.
The half a bet rule is for limit games only. No-limit does not use the half a bet rule (however many people wrongly do use it in live games).In order to reopen the betting to a player who has already acted on a bet the raise must be double the initial bet or more.
I did not know that. If that is truly a rule in NLH, I have lost some respect for the game as the rule makes no sense. Kind of like in the NFL if the ref blows the play dead there can be no replay WTF!!!!
i love you.
I did not know that. If that is truly a rule in NLH, I have lost some respect for the game as the rule makes no sense. Kind of like in the NFL if the ref blows the play dead there can be no replay WTF!!!!
Stupid rule, you're right. It's not like players have been told for years to "play to the whistle" or anything like that.
playing 1-1 NLH, 4 see a flop raised 5 dollars by a maniac. Flop is 8 7 10 Rainbow. I have pocket 8's and check knowing maniac will bet. he bets 5, 2 call, I reraise 25 more. Maniac calls, next guy calls 25 and moves in for 14 more. One fold, back to me and the only option i have is to call. I CAN NOT RAISE?? WTF. In a regular game I move in here to isolate, since I do not put maniac on J 9. If other guy has it oh well, i'll have to make a boat. Of couse maniac calls 14 more. Turn is Jh, putting two hearts on board as well. I check maniac moves in for 101.00. I only have 104.00 left and don't think i can make the call. I fold. RIVER IS 8!!!!! Any ways one guy turns over pocket 7's and maniac has KhQh. It's sick how a dumb maniac and especially the flaws in fcp cost me money. They might have lost a customer!
More like... flaws in the player.
I guess you won't be making millions
does anybody have a logical explanation for the reason for this rule. i've never understood it. ??
as a matter of fact, yes, DNA4ever can explain this rule, and many others a often as you like. Just send him a PM and he'll be glad to help.
does anybody have a logical explanation for the reason for this rule. i've never understood it. ??
Here's the reason:You cannot raise yourself.Explanation:If you bet/raise and a player moves in for less a minimum raise, then their all-in is not considered a raise. Therefore, when the play gets back to you, since no one has raised your bet, you cannot raise, but can just call the extra money.Take an extreme senario:You bet $1000, there are two callers and the last player goes all-in for $1002 ($2 more). Then you cannot reopen the betting when it gets back to you (a $2 "raise " is not a real raise here). Obviously in this case it makes sense that there is no raise allowed.I know that this sucks when the all-in is nearly a minimum raise, but the line has to be drawn somewhere, and the minimum raise amount happens to be that line.Try to anticipate the reraise all-in, and make your bet half (or less) of the short stack's chips, so you can still reraise OR just make a large enough bet to put him all-in in the first place.Hope this clears up some confusion.Cheers,Merby