ok emergency freak out!!.......... nvmd.

So how did JC get from being pissed at losing 80 bucks to playing in WPT events that cost 10k? In only about a year and a half?Note: I'm not asking this in a sarcastic way, I'm being completely serious...
By being the hardest working man in poker?
  • Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So how did JC get from being pissed at losing 80 bucks to playing in WPT events that cost 10k? In only about a year and a half?Note: I'm not asking this in a sarcastic way, I'm being completely serious...
Link this comment to the "poker popularity" thread please. That is all.
  • 2 months later...

I'm sure JC is getting bored of this thread being bumped but it's the first time I've seen it and I really think everyone should get to read it, because it made what was a bad day into a brilliant day!I think it's better because I know for certain that if I hadn't read this thread at some point I would have done exactly the same thing! It's good to know even the best up and coming young guns can do it as well!Awesome.

I think a lot of us love this thread because: 1) we did the same exact thing once (yes, I did); or 2) we could easily see ourselves making the same mistake.The funny thing about when it happened to me was that I was so focused on my "big hands" (which, of course, were NOT big hands in Royal HE), I didn't even notice thru the first four to six hands that everyone else was getting big cards too. I was raising pots with Ace-high straights and Q-high boats because I was too oblivious to know these weren't good hands, and I was actually scaring better hands away from knowledgeable players. Only the repeated flames from my opponents after a few showdowns made me realize my mistake. Of course, I left the game up about five bucks in a .10/.25 limit game, so it was actually a profitable lesson, but I still felt like an idiot.BTW, the third thing we love about this thread is that when we all TP/MM, we can rest comfortably knowing that there's a whole FCP family who will never let us forget our most humble of beginnings. Or in the case of some who know not the meaning of "humble," the most "doucheyness" of beginnings.

it really is amazing to think jc was playing 2/4 limit and whining about 80 bucks just a year and a half ago. it is kind of encouraging to the ppl who suck at poker on this forum. congratulations on how far you have come jc.... cant wait to see the final table tonight.

it really is amazing to think jc was playing 2/4 limit and whining about 80 bucks just a year and a half ago. it is kind of encouraging to the ppl who suck at poker on this forum. congratulations on how far you have come jc.... cant wait to see the final table tonight.
So....what are you saying? :club: This thread is funnier everytime I see it bumped

This reminds me of the time, when I first played online and got into Omaha SnG tourney rather than Hold'em by mistake. I had no idea you could only use two of your hole cards till 3/4 through the tourney and I was trying to read the rules from the website (I think it was Party, not sure). Anyway I was raising with a lot of hands I shouldn't of, and naturally, I took it down. :club:

• 3 months later...
LOL!!! how does this game work?its 6 handed 2/4 just like the regular holdem.. but with no 2-9 cards.so imagine me when I have an wide opening raise...I was raising every ****ing hand.. lol the funniest part is when I started predicting the turn and the river to my table..."turn is either a j10kQ..so is the river.." or the turn.. " I have broadway, river will pair the board and Ill be ****ed against a boat"haha i wish I could get the HH w/ the conversation, you guys would have a good laugh.
My fav lines.
  • 3 weeks later...

In the realm of absolute size, the smallest vertebrate penis belongs to the common shrew (5 mm or 0.2 inches). The largest penis belongs to the blue whale estimated at over 2 m (more than 6½ feet).

JC, you are too funny.I used to always sign up for the 1st SNG I could get into (wanting NL HE) and then finding out it was O/8 when it started. I did that once even thinking it was PLO for the 1st 1/2 hour, then realized it was O/8 and still won, LOL.