2/4 Live_ Scared $

Hey All,I am new to this so I'll try me best to articulate.My friend is playing a home game when the following hand comes up just before time to go home...Hero is UTG ($900) with 3h3c. he limps $4UTG +1 callsUTG +2 callsMP (Villian-$800) raises to $50 (very loose)everybody else folds...friend calls UTG +1 and UTG + 2 fold...Pot = $114flop is 8s 9s 3dhero checksvillian bets $50hero-cr to $150villian-shoves his stackhero-folds (after 3 min of thinking) showing the setvillian-????(tell you later)hero tells me after...that the money was a factor in his decision...he said he could walk away up $700 or if he loses the pot down $100..and there was only 15 min left to playI told him no way you fold that hand...if he as a set of 8's or 9's so be it...but you cant play W SCARED MONEY....thoughts?guesses what villian was holding?

Don't fold this flop ever. $50 preflop limp/call though? Your friend got everything he wanted with his hand.

Why would he call a $50 raise with 33 if he was going to fold to a shove if he hit a set? If he was playing scared it seems to me he would have folded to the raise pre flop, no? :club: Like starfit said, he got everything he could want.

Hey All,I am new to this so I'll try me best to articulate.My friend is playing a home game when the following hand comes up just before time to go home...Hero is UTG ($900) with 3h3c. he limps $4UTG +1 callsUTG +2 callsMP (Villian-$800) raises to $50 (very loose)everybody else folds...friend calls UTG +1 and UTG + 2 fold...Pot = $114flop is 8s 9s 3dhero checksvillian bets $50hero-cr to $150villian-shoves his stackhero-folds (after 3 min of thinking) showing the setvillian-????(tell you later)hero tells me after...that the money was a factor in his decision...he said he could walk away up $700 or if he loses the pot down $100..and there was only 15 min left to playI told him no way you fold that hand...if he as a set of 8's or 9's so be it...but you cant play W SCARED MONEY....thoughts?guesses what villian was holding?
This was a bad fold for several reasons:1. the villain is very loose and saw free money in the pot from all the limper's, he could be raising any two cards here. (any back story on this guy, other than just loose)2. because his range is so wide here it is possible he has a top pair type hand (10/9, K10, etc...) or something like 89 or maybe a flush draw. Perfect hands for your friend to get paid off with.3. agree with all the other posts, if he calls the $50 pre-flop he should be looking to get as much value as possible from the villain. The board is coordinated but he should be way ahead here.
I hope your post was put up about 36 hours too early.

Is this like one of those threads where the "friend" is really the OP? Semi serious answer would be, with 33 what was he hoping to flop, 4 of a kind?

(I watch too much poker on TV)So this reminds of a hand from the WSOP a few years back where some random gets involved in a 3 way pot with Phil Ivey and flops a set of tens and folds after some medium action.After the hand, he tells Ivey he folded a set of 10s and Ivey's face is just priceless.

Results have been posted in Gen Strat if you guys haven't seen them yet. I won't ruin it for you if you're still thinking about it or something. Not that I really think anyone cares about a hand played this terribly.

(I watch too much poker on TV)So this reminds of a hand from the WSOP a few years back where some random gets involved in a 3 way pot with Phil Ivey and flops a set of tens and folds after some medium action.After the hand, he tells Ivey he folded a set of 10s and Ivey's face is just priceless.
Convert your hands!