• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally caught up with all the eps this season.Ugh, I can think of maybe 2 or 3 eps that didn't put me to sleep. I thought last week's ep showed promise that things were going to pick up and then this weeks was meh. Something crazy will happen though I assume. I just wish the head of CTU would stand the fuck up straight. It's like he see's bats flying above his head all the time.
lol...I said to my roommate yesterday, "Bubba has terrible posture."
LOOOOLglad to know that others saw the same as meits pretty bad
It's obviously a choice he's made to make his character seem weaker.

Watched this week's episode drunk so I might have missed something, but it really didn't seem like a whole lot happened.Like they knew they'd be going up against the Olympics and might not have great ratings.Really didn't need to see the Indian chick roll around in bed with her now-renegade boyfriend.No surprise the brother screwed up and got himself shot.I found it pretty implausible that another complete hour went by and no one at CTU finds it odd that Dana/Jenny and Cole are still gone. I mean it's great for us because Chloe does all the tech work now, but in a crisis Hastings can't keep tabs on his people?

I found it pretty implausible that another complete hour went by and no one at CTU finds it odd that Dana/Jenny and Cole are still gone. I mean it's great for us because Chloe does all the tech work now, but in a crisis Hastings can't keep tabs on his people?
Cole especially haven't they run like 2 missions without him? Is he out of cell phone range running down his lead?
I'm just glad the Office Space crazy guy is joining the fun
I couldn't put my finger on who the guy was... but this now makes my day.By the way, that episode was ****ing epic. At 2:49 AM when Jack looks back up at the Oxygen Chamber to report he's dead.. just sent chills down my spine looking at it. The episode was very well done, and although some of it was expected.. what else are they suppposed to do? Just let the kid live? That's too cliche.

Ugh, this season is getting harder to get through. I need to smoke whatever delved is smoking if he thought that was a top notch episode.Now the parole officer comes into play? Wow, that is lame. At least it's Jimmy James (sorry I find News Radio better than Office Space).I like the nod to Oscar winning Best Picture, The Hurt Locker.Can't wait to find out that the President is Cole's long lost mother or something.

"Yo its a parole officer. I gotta talk to you @ 3am. Can't talk to you in the mornin bc this isnt imporatant enough for me to be hanging around while you try to save the world and stuff.""ok i probably shounldt have answered my phone considering i have no idea what number this is and i just killed 2 people but my name is dana walsh, i work at ctu, and my social security number is xxx-xxx-xxxx. come over we talk."

Hint: He's not really a parole officer (just guessing). Seriously though, don't answer your phone Starbuck. Also the bit where she was so amazed at how well Freddy Prinze was handling things was dumb. Like, 5 hours ago he sniped 2 terrorists to death from 300 yards away or whatever. I think he can handle dumping the body of a scumbag who just literally tried to murder him and his fiance. The whole part with the bomb was awful. Really, the kid won't listen to his mom but he'll listen to an agent threatening to kill his mom? That doesn't even make sense. If he was gonna break it shoulda been for his mom, not for Jack Bauer's empty threats. Like, Jack shoulda grabbed the mom and put a gun to her head, old-school style. That would be a believable threat. And then the rest of it was just more nonsense. Not even mentioning the fact that the kid was running through a goddam hospital from a million cops and just happens across a goddam hyperbolic chamber made of hardened steel which he can lock from the inside (ok, I guess I am mentioning it). Seriously though, that was lucky for him. Last (and perhaps most ridiculous) thing: the fucking ceiling in the chamber was a metal grid. The kid could have taken off his pants or shirt or belt and hung himself in about 2 minutes. But neither he nor his terrorist friends even considered a method of suicide other than blowing up.

Hint: He's not really a parole officer (just guessing). Seriously though, don't answer your phone Starbuck. Also the bit where she was so amazed at how well Freddy Prinze was handling things was dumb. Like, 5 hours ago he sniped 2 terrorists to death from 300 yards away or whatever. I think he can handle dumping the body of a scumbag who just literally tried to murder him and his fiance. The whole part with the bomb was awful. Really, the kid won't listen to his mom but he'll listen to an agent threatening to kill his mom? That doesn't even make sense. If he was gonna break it shoulda been for his mom, not for Jack Bauer's empty threats. Like, Jack shoulda grabbed the mom and put a gun to her head, old-school style. That would be a believable threat. And then the rest of it was just more nonsense. Not even mentioning the fact that the kid was running through a goddam hospital from a million cops and just happens across a goddam hyperbolic chamber made of hardened steel which he can lock from the inside (ok, I guess I am mentioning it). Seriously though, that was lucky for him. Last (and perhaps most ridiculous) thing: the fucking ceiling in the chamber was a metal grid. The kid could have taken off his pants or shirt or belt and hung himself in about 2 minutes. But neither he nor his terrorist friends even considered a method of suicide other than blowing up.
Ya i was pretty sure the mom was getting a bullet in a nonlethal area. I hope they dont make another season, bc Im gonna watch and I really dont want to.

I enjoyed the episode quite a bit. If you can't suspend reality just a little bit to enjoy a still very above average TV show, don't watch it.

I enjoyed the episode quite a bit. If you can't suspend reality just a little bit to enjoy a still very above average TV show, don't watch it.
QFT

We obviously do still enjoy at least some parts of it or we wouldn't be watching it. I'm totally good at suspending my disbelief, but it's also sometimes funny to point out glaring and annoying plot holes. It's not like this is the "24 sucks thread." Since when are we not allowed to criticize things?

I enjoy this thread quite a bit. If you can't suspend reality just a little bit to enjoy a still very above average FCP thread, don't read it.

We obviously do still enjoy at least some parts of it or we wouldn't be watching it. I'm totally good at suspending my disbelief, but it's also sometimes funny to point out glaring and annoying plot holes. It's not like this is the "24 sucks thread." Since when are we not allowed to criticize things?
This.I am very good at suspending my disbelief. Hence why I laugh at people who watch movies like Cloverfield and dislike it because they believe it would take the military longer than it did to get to Manhattan. What I personally don't like is writing that is lazy and haphazard and 24 does that from time to time. I still enjoy the show as a whole but certain episodes are very weak and I thought this last episode was pretty poor. It's my opinion. Luckily they usually follow up poor eps with a watchable ep to keep me coming back for more.I also was thinking that maybe the issue is the season. Odd number seasons seem to be my favorites while even number seasons tend to annoy me. Or for that matter stop watching halfway through like season 6.
This.I am very good at suspending my disbelief. Hence why I laugh at people who watch movies like Cloverfield and dislike it because they believe it would take the military longer than it did to get to Manhattan. What I personally don't like is writing that is lazy and haphazard and 24 does that from time to time. I still enjoy the show as a whole but certain episodes are very weak and I thought this last episode was pretty poor. It's my opinion. Luckily they usually follow up poor eps with a watchable ep to keep me coming back for more.I also was thinking that maybe the issue is the season. Odd number seasons seem to be my favorites while even number seasons tend to annoy me. Or for that matter stop watching halfway through like season 6.
I think I liked 4 more than 5, but I kinda forget what 5 even was.

Criticism is fine but I'd like to think this thread was meant more to discuss the show and not to nip pick it to death. Sure the show has it's flaws but to talk about them solely isn't fair. The preview for next week looked pretty awesome....hopefully it doesn't disappoint.

I think I liked 4 more than 5, but I kinda forget what 5 even was.
Yeah I was trying to think about this last night.Loved Season 12 was ok3 was great4 I did like 45 I liked 56 I hated and never finished and actually tried twice to get through it7 might be my favorite8 is just not doing it for me, still has a slight hold on me but it seems to be getting ridiculous like 6 was.Edit: Dev, I believe each and every 24 thread was people discussing the show and nitpicking. This thread is no different.
Can we vote to get a message to all writers of all future TV shows that having a woman president sucks?Always.
or if they have a president at all that it has to be David Palmer.

2, 5 & 7 are my favorite. I still think killing off Curtis was just the dumbest way ever to do it. Also, I don't nit pick the show because I've loved it for all these years. Yeah, there's some unrealistic effects there, and this season definitely isn't the best (especially since great characters have come and gone) but Jack is still going to be Jack and I take the show for what it is.

Yeah I was trying to think about this last night.Loved Season 12 was ok3 was great4 I did like 45 I liked 56 I hated and never finished and actually tried twice to get through it7 might be my favorite8 is just not doing it for me, still has a slight hold on me but it seems to be getting ridiculous like 6 was.Edit: Dev, I believe each and every 24 thread was people discussing the show and nitpicking. This thread is no different.
I think season 2 is actually my favourite by far. I loved every season up to 5. Season 6 had arguably the best 4 hours in the show's history (first four), then got pretty meh. I've enjoyed 7 and 8, but I don't get super excited to watch new episodes like I used to.Honestly, a lot of the seasons blur together in my memory now. Which season had President Logan struggling to make a decision on whether to bring down a plane (I think?) of innocent people in order to stop a terrorist attack?That's one thing that has been missing from recent seasons of 24. People struggling to make really legitimately difficult moral decisions.