Did Milton's character even have any sort of purpose to the plot? He almost outed Starbuck, but she murdered him and stuffed him in the wall instead. Then things just went on as if he'd never existed, and she of course got outted a few hours later anyway. Poor bastard. I am glad that Jack decided not to assassinate the President of Russia. That was a poorly conceived plan. The problem with the finale is that the season felt like it peaked a little early - the Hassan kidnapping was awesome, Jack's black death suit was awesome, killing D.B. Sweeney was awesome, then he went nuts on like everybody, but the 2-hour finale had a real lack of excitement and action.Also, come on Madame President. Jack completely murdered Starbuck, and then like 9 Russians. He straight up shot like 4 Secret Service agents and then kidnapped a former President, assaulted him, and left him unconscious in some hidden back room. He also shot a police officer (in the foot, but still - that alone is like 10 years in jail or whatever!). I'm just sayin, come on Madame President. Arrest his ass, and then you'll both actually answer for your crimes, instead of just you. Oh and he also had a sniper rifle trained on the President of Russia and almost pulled the trigger. Seriously, you should really have brought him in.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, come on Madame President. Jack completely murdered Starbuck, and then like 9 Russians. He straight up shot like 4 Secret Service agents and then kidnapped a former President, assaulted him, and left him unconscious in some hidden back room. He also shot a police officer (in the foot, but still - that alone is like 10 years in jail or whatever!). I'm just sayin, come on Madame President. Arrest his ass, and then you'll both actually answer for your crimes, instead of just you. Oh and he also had a sniper rifle trained on the President of Russia and almost pulled the trigger. Seriously, you should really have brought him in.
It's not like Jack was her daughter...
It's not like Jack was her daughter...
But what did her daughter ever do for America?
But what did her daughter ever do for America?
Make her mother the 2nd worst actress on the set of 24 for an entire season.
Make her mother the 2nd worst actress on the set of 24 for an entire season.
QFTJack > All
I liked it a lot.I just watched the final 5 hours of the season in the last few days. I loved all of them, they really salvaged this season in the last 8 hours in my opinion.first 16 hours - 6.5/10last 8 hours - 9/10
100% agree.Midway through the season I was thinking "Ya i like this show but it's really not entertaining me as much anymore so i'm glad its over"Then i saved the last 6 hours to watch at one time and was like "fuck why can't they make every season like this?"the deathsuit was by far top 24 scene of all time

I'm not sure I blame the actress who played the President for being such a dink. I mean, how could any actress work with that character and the lines written for her? Her motivations seemed to change constantly, she was easy as hell to manipulate, and was a bigger flip-flopper than John Kerry. I actually thought she did okay with an impossibly unlikable and uninteresting character.Well she was a bit stiff, there's no denying that.

I'm not sure I blame the actress who played the President for being such a dink. I mean, how could any actress work with that character and the lines written for her? Her motivations seemed to change constantly, she was easy as hell to manipulate, and was a bigger flip-flopper than John Kerry. I actually thought she did okay with an impossibly unlikable and uninteresting character.

Loved the last 1/2 of the season and can't wait for the movie. Having said that I feel that they've really set the bar high for it. It'll be difficult to put something together epic enough to live up the hype that will surround it. I'll see the movie either way and likely enjoy it but I'm also bracing myself for the negative reviews that will have to come with it.

If the movie even gets made... I've heard things. I hope it does.But really, a 24-hour long movie sounds like a little much.

If the movie even gets made... I've heard things. I hope it does.But really, a 24-hour long movie sounds like a little much.
HA...could you imagine?I will no doubt see the movie but I'm not sure how it will turn out. I mean, we're so used to a story arc that's essentially 12-movies long. I'll go in fully expecting to be dissapointed and hope I'm not.I've begun watching 24 at Season 2 to relive Jack's adventures and I must say that the storyline was much better back then. The script brings everything together so well and it's not just a matter of running out of ideas by the last 2-3 seasons. The construction of the stories just weren't as solid by recent seasons which really seem more like 2 or 3 different stories vs. 1 big plot.

I watched Season 4 and I remember why it was my favorite. Gut-wrenching twists and turns throughout every episode, which then gets emotional towards the end of the season when Jack is caught by Chinese Consul members somehow. Fakes his death... god that was crazy. Now I went back to 1 and I'm gonna run through them.

I watched Season 4 and I remember why it was my favorite. Gut-wrenching twists and turns throughout every episode, which then gets emotional towards the end of the season when Jack is caught by Chinese Consul members somehow. Fakes his death... god that was crazy. Now I went back to 1 and I'm gonna run through them.
Season 1 was great and yet I find it totally unwatchable a second time through. The pace is just too slow once you know the story.

I only remember a couple big things about it. But through the first 8 hours it reminds me of how well done a story can be. The past couple of seasons have been so blah.. besides of course the last 6-8 episodes from this past season. I'm never gonna forget that death suit.

• 3 years later...

The first 2 episodes were pretty okay. I think it's smart that they're only doing 12 episodes instead of 24, since with 24 of them they always ended up with some ridiculous storylines to fill up time. The drone pilot theme could be interesting, although so far it's pretty obvious (zomg somebody took control of a drone!). Chloe's hacker gang was insanely unrealistic, but entertainingly so.

I completely didn't recognize Chris Partlow at first, with short hair and also not constantly scowling and murdering everyone.

Each season. Used to be 24 episodes a season, each season covering a day. They gave themselves a little wiggle room this time, only using 12 episodes, so hopefully there's less time-filling chicanery.

• 2 months later...