Definitely feels like more of a throwback season. I hope the bf storyline leads to Jack whooping his ass, and I hope the president is assassinated. Otherwise it's pretty decent.
for some reason I thought the ex-bf was going to mistakenly take something important to the nuke storyline. re: prez slaying. naww...the show needs white house stability. it's what made the first 5 seasons so strong and what made it so painful to see Palmer die. there need to be more constants in Jack's life which is why I'm glad they brought back Renee.so far, I like Freddie's Ortiz character in it's limited viewing. I think the Brian Hastings character will work out and grow on me. I'm just curious why this guy love this Drone so freakin much when it seems to F-up more than anything.
  • Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for some reason I thought the ex-bf was going to mistakenly take something important to the nuke storyline. re: prez slaying. naww...the show needs white house stability. it's what made the first 5 seasons so strong and what made it so painful to see Palmer die. there need to be more constants in Jack's life which is why I'm glad they brought back Renee.so far, I like Freddie's Ortiz character in it's limited viewing. I think the Brian Hastings character will work out and grow on me. I'm just curious why this guy love this Drone so freakin much when it seems to F-up more than anything.
It's not that I want the white house to be unstable, I just hate this president. Her face annoys me, and her voice, and her real name. Cherry? Come on! Agreed on Renee, but it's cause she's sexy.

I'm still watching. It's insanely up-and-down. Long portions of the show are frankly awful, but this isn't a new thing. But whenever I'm ready to give up they come with a great action scene. The action scenes are still really good. The whole thing with Starbuck and her hidden secret identity and her moron-ex-boyfriend is terrible, and just seems unnecessary. Like really, today of all days!? Come on! I'm also not sure I love the decision to cast Freddie Prinze Jr. as a killer-sniper-motherfucker.

I'm still watching. It's insanely up-and-down. Long portions of the show are frankly awful, but this isn't a new thing. But whenever I'm ready to give up they come with a great action scene. The action scenes are still really good. The whole thing with Starbuck and her hidden secret identity and her moron-ex-boyfriend is terrible, and just seems unnecessary. Like really, today of all days!? Come on! I'm also not sure I love the decision to cast Freddie Prinze Jr. as a killer-sniper-motherfucker.
I dont mind the casting of freddie prinze, it seems ok for now....i really hate the other storyline with the chick and her ex...its boring and pointless.Agree with the action its awesome like usual, and renee is outta control right now, im liking it.
Totally agree.And even though it was last week's episode, I laughed at Jack getting stabbed and then just putting a wrap on it. He gets more invincible every season.
Totally agree.And even though it was last week's episode, I laughed at Jack getting stabbed and then just putting a wrap on it. He gets more invincible every season.
Plus he got hit in the right shoulder with some shotgun pellets, got patched up, and then reached the phone up to his ear with absolutely no discomfort. LOL

As a long time 24 fan, this season is... decent, pretty much on par with the last couple seasons. I don't find myself getting super pumped up for each new episode like I used to though. The Dana/Jenny storyline is terrible though. I fail to understand how somebody who was apprantly smart enough to change her identity, as well as get a high level job at CTU, can make such mind-numbingly poor decisions.

As a long time 24 fan, this season is... decent, pretty much on par with the last couple seasons. I don't find myself getting super pumped up for each new episode like I used to though. The Dana/Jenny storyline is terrible though. I fail to understand how somebody who was apprantly smart enough to change her identity, as well as get a high level job at CTU, can make such mind-numbingly poor decisions.
Pretty much my feelings as well.How could she get a job with the kinda clearance without the government knowing about her past?

Finally caught up with all the eps this season.Ugh, I can think of maybe 2 or 3 eps that didn't put me to sleep. I thought last week's ep showed promise that things were going to pick up and then this weeks was meh. Something crazy will happen though I assume. I just wish the head of CTU would stand the fuck up straight. It's like he see's bats flying above his head all the time.

I just wish the head of CTU would stand the **** up straight. It's like he see's bats flying above his head all the time.
lol...I said to my roommate yesterday, "Bubba has terrible posture."
Finally caught up with all the eps this season.Ugh, I can think of maybe 2 or 3 eps that didn't put me to sleep. I thought last week's ep showed promise that things were going to pick up and then this weeks was meh. Something crazy will happen though I assume. I just wish the head of CTU would stand the fuck up straight. It's like he see's bats flying above his head all the time.
I think he's infecting Freddie too, he's starting to hang his head a bit.

Great, the least-interesting storyline is now also absurd, and isn't going away anytime soon. The other stuff going on isn't bad, but now two main characters are tied into the shitty storyline.

Great, the least-interesting storyline is now also absurd, and isn't going away anytime soon.
Oh see I had the opposite reaction. Shotgun-Face is dead, as his name implies, and I felt like Belly-Wound was about to have a suspiciously fast death so as to advance the plot. And then Freddie Prinze and Starbuck would make out.
Oh see I had the opposite reaction. Shotgun-Face is dead, as his name implies, and I felt like Belly-Wound was about to have a suspiciously fast death so as to advance the plot. And then Freddie Prinze and Starbuck would make out.
I really don't see where this story line could be going though. How could it possibly relate to the main story arc?
I really don't see where this story line could be going though. How could it possibly relate to the main story arc?
Jenny is the one with the fake identity, but Freddie is the mole!! Cole... Mole.... See? Now he can pin it on her when something leaks. Bam!! I just broke the case!Seriously though, I'm really glad those guys are dead.
So Freddie isn't going to have to explain how Shotgun-face came to be, or why StabBelly needs medical attention, or why their both AWOL in the woods during a nuclear crisis?
So Freddie isn't going to have to explain how Shotgun-face came to be, or why StabBelly needs medical attention, or why their both AWOL in the woods during a nuclear crisis?
Now that he knows her real name he probably finds out that they are actually brother and sister and then they find out she is pregnant with his child and Jack will have to cut it out of her because it has a bomb as well.
Yeah you're probably right. I'm just glad that Shotgun-Face finally got what was coming to him. Like really? You're just gonna wait around in the evidence locker til the cop shows up and then you're gonna beat him senseless and run away? Good plan guy.
Now that he knows her real name he probably finds out that they are actually brother and sister and then they find out she is pregnant with his child and Jack will have to cut it out of her because it has a bomb as well.
Only after the unborn suicide-bomber incest-baby has taken Jack's daughter prisoner and threatened to kill her (Jack's daughter) if he tries to intervene.
Except right before he goes to cut it out, Tim Tebow's mom comes in to save the day, and Jack kills her instead, leading Tim to start kicking some ass and taking Jack's place in future seasons.
Great, the least-interesting storyline is now also absurd, and isn't going away anytime soon. The other stuff going on isn't bad, but now two main characters are tied into the shitty storyline.
I agree with the others that it's dead - terrible throw away side plot. Ugh.Let's see if Jack can save the evil young brother who's evil but not as evil as the new guy.
I'm not a big fan of the B-story but 24 hasn't always tied the A-story with the B-story. Pefect example is Season 2.