Random Entertainment Observations

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

say that to LLY 's face like a real man

Oh my ****ing GOD! http://deadline.com/2015/04/bob-odenkirk-david-cross-sketch-comedy-series-netflix-1201403256/   Bob is not only in the best Drama on tv, but he's going to be in the best comedy t

You misspelled insipid.

I've been watching Homeland the last couple weeks, now almost caught up and gonna watch last night's season finale later tonight. The show is really good, highly recommended. Claire Danes and Damian Lewis (Dick Winters, the main character from Band of Brothers). It's on Showtime.

haha, I watched the first episode of that with my parents. the sex upon his return home was awwwwwkward.
Yeah, I definitely wouldn't advise watching any of the first 3-4 episodes with your parents. I forget exactly when but at some point it gets way less sexy, but before that there's another really awkward sex scene.

just google image her and all the pictures come up.Her body looks decent, but probably airbrushed since it's playboy. I don't like the Marilyn Monroe thing she is trying to do either.

I've been watching Homeland the last couple weeks, now almost caught up and gonna watch last night's season finale later tonight. The show is really good, highly recommended. Claire Danes and Damian Lewis (Dick Winters, the main character from Band of Brothers). It's on Showtime.
The show was so, so good. And my favorite scene of the season was still him jerking off onto her.
The show was so, so good. And my favorite scene of the season was still him jerking off onto her.
Yeah, that was the other super-awkward sex scene I was talking about (obviously).Thoughts on the season finale:

Yeah, it was good and all (and I loved that it went 90 minutes), but the problem with a show like this is that you know Brody isn't gonna blow himself up, because he's one of the 2 stars of the show. Ensemble shows like The Wire and Game of Thrones could (and did/have) had almost anyone die at any time, often coming as a huge shock. But even when Brody literally had his finger on the button like 4 times it was pretty clear he was going to live. That was the only issue I had with an otherwise outstanding season. It was supposed to be a super suspenseful scene but it kind of wasn't, even though it was really well-acted.

Oh and Saul, Carrie's buddy/mentor? He's Inigo Montoya from The Princess Bride!

Yeah, that was the other super-awkward sex scene I was talking about (obviously).Thoughts on the season finale:

Yeah, it was good and all (and I loved that it went 90 minutes), but the problem with a show like this is that you know Brody isn't gonna blow himself up, because he's one of the 2 stars of the show. Ensemble shows like The Wire and Game of Thrones could (and did/have) had almost anyone die at any time, often coming as a huge shock. But even when Brody literally had his finger on the button like 4 times it was pretty clear he was going to live. That was the only issue I had with an otherwise outstanding season. It was supposed to be a super suspenseful scene but it kind of wasn't, even though it was really well-acted.

Oh and Saul, Carrie's buddy/mentor? He's Inigo Montoya from The Princess Bride!

Simmons did a decent podcast about the Homeland finale. The Brody scene your talking about, they said they didn't love it quite as much because he makes the same face as when he's pleasuring himself on his wife, and you need to be able to up the ante a bit.

I saw Dragon Tattoo last night. It was awesome. Fincher is a genius and did so much with what is a somewhat bland and predictable story. And Mara as "The Girl" was excellent.For some reason, I feel like BigD will like it.

I liked the books, but I kind of agree that the actual story in the first book wasn't all that interesting. Great characters are what made the first book enjoyable. The story improves a lot in the second and third books.Haven't seen the movie yet, but I plan on going this week sometime.

I liked the books, but I kind of agree that the actual story in the first book wasn't all that interesting. Great characters are what made the first book enjoyable. The story improves a lot in the second and third books.
I guess I considered character development part of "story." I thought the first book was fascinating.I thought the second book was fantastic and the third book was merely very good (but still better than the first even though I also liked that one a lot).So, to recap: 2nd is best by a wide margin, then 3rd, then 1st. Ok, glad we cleared that up.
I guess I considered character development part of "story." I thought the first book was fascinating.I thought the second book was fantastic and the third book was merely very good (but still better than the first even though I also liked that one a lot).So, to recap: 2nd is best by a wide margin, then 3rd, then 1st. Ok, glad we cleared that up.
I agree with all of that.
My girlfriend got the Hunger games trilogy for christmas. is it worth reading?
I think it is. It's a quick read and for the most part, interesting. I just didn't like the 3rd book that much.