Random Entertainment Observations

Who would you leave out? All of them are great. My vote is for Eric Stonestreet.
Ed Oneill and Jesse Tyler Ferguson. I don't think they are bad by any means but Stonestreet and Burrell are in a league of their own on this show imo.
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

say that to LLY 's face like a real man

Oh my ****ing GOD! http://deadline.com/2015/04/bob-odenkirk-david-cross-sketch-comedy-series-netflix-1201403256/   Bob is not only in the best Drama on tv, but he's going to be in the best comedy t

You misspelled insipid.

It looks like I'm going to be the only one on earth that doesn't see this movie.
Aren't there entire sects of crazy christians that are vehemently opposed to the harry potter franchise?
Aren't there entire sects of crazy christians that are vehemently opposed to the harry potter franchise?
Aren't there entire sects of any religion that are vehemently opposed to "whatever"?
Aren't there entire sects of any religion that are vehemently opposed to "whatever"?
Just saying you're not the only one afraid of the witchcraft in that series. Plus I shouldn't have singles out christianity...I'm guessing there are a lot of crazy muslims that think harry potter is the devil. Although, those are probably the same people that think any white person is the devil.

I hope you're just joking about the witchcraft thing, because I don't care at all about that. My wife is going to see that stupid movie about 10 times.

I hope you're just joking about the witchcraft thing, because I don't care at all about that. My wife is going to see that stupid movie about 10 times.
I hope you're just joking about whether or not I'm joking.
  • 2 weeks later...

i saw the st:tng episode where the crew was hit by a mind wipe ray & convinced to attack some little world to help the enemy world win their war. the personalities of the crew immediately came to the fore. picard was still thoughtful, worf was still loving the violence, crusher was still healing people, and riker was still a horndog.

Yeah, my husband saw it in a preview, and the crowd applauded. (This doesn't usually happen for him.)I'm curious enough, I'll probably try to see it this weekend.
i hope it is a good movie. i'm down for some overthrowing of some humans.

Rise of POA is getting decent reviews everywhere and Andy Serkis is getting nods for his emotive input into the Caesar chimp character.That being said, I will generalize (shocking!) based on the trailers I've seen and say that I am not fond of the technique of using sweeping camera pan/scans of CGI actioneering, such as the monkeys boiling out of buildings and into flying helicopters, and over objects and, basically, seeming like they are flying and doing what they have to do with 110% coordination and strength without any concern about, say, gravity or physics, etc. Sure, it's a fantasy film, but I am tired of that shit and I think it's fake. I blame some of it on the Transformer franchise.Thank you NOT, Michael Bay-hem

Rise of POA is getting decent reviews everywhere and Andy Serkis is getting nods for his emotive input into the Caesar chimp character.That being said, I will generalize (shocking!) based on the trailers I've seen and say that I am not fond of the technique of using sweeping camera pan/scans of CGI actioneering, such as the monkeys boiling out of buildings and into flying helicopters, and over objects and, basically, seeming like they are flying and doing what they have to do with 110% coordination and strength without any concern about, say, gravity or physics, etc. Sure, it's a fantasy film, but I am tired of that shit and I think it's fake. I blame some of it on the Transformer franchise.Thank you NOT, Michael Bay-hem
To be fair, monkey/chimpape/whatevers are ridiculously strong and coordinated. Maybe not quite to the degree shown in the film, but still...
To be fair, monkey/chimpape/whatevers are ridiculously strong and coordinated. Maybe not quite to the degree shown in the film, but still...
I agree...chimps are supposed to be 2.5x as strong as humans. I'm thinking more of those disaster movies, car movies or stuff like the GI Joe movie, where people and objects hurtle around with perfect speed and accuracy. While I understand the appeal, in terms of kinetic energy and drama shots, I find scenes/movies with that technique lack an "organic" feel andthat makes me bored because it feels like there is nothing at stake. It's just plain overused.Those disaster movies where the car/plane/etc JUST makes it out of the blast radius (or whatever) and they manipulate the effects to make it seem like the effects are imbued with some kind of malevolent personality that is out to get the protagonist is/are just irritating.the fight stuff in Crouching Tiger, on the other hand, was exceptionally well done, even though many aspects are clearly not possible in reality. The fights felt less than perfect, therefore more real and human, so I felt more tension watching them, because I couldn't be sure who would prevail.

what they've done is taken god's oldest acrobatic animal and given it will and desire. what they've done is knocked us all the way to the bottom of the goddamn olympic gymnastics events. it's not a great leap forward in my book.

Those disaster movies where the car/plane/etc JUST makes it out of the blast radius (or whatever) and they manipulate the effects to make it seem like the effects are imbued with some kind of malevolent personality that is out to get the protagonist is/are just irritating.
You mean, like every other scene in 2012. I concur.Although I really enjoyed the way Backdraft used fire's "personality" to increase the suspense. If anyone remembers that movie.
You mean, like every other scene in 2012. I concur.Although I really enjoyed the way Backdraft used fire's "personality" to increase the suspense. If anyone remembers that movie.
Really loved that film.