you know you're playing a fish when he says...

1-2 NL Live the other day.I get AK offsuit on button, 7 limpers before me, I raise to 20 to thin the field (standard pf raise is 15 in this game), guy in small blind calls, folds around to guy in middle position who pushes all-in for 60. I'd been playing with this guy for a couple hours, i knew he was steaming, and I could generally tell that his hand wasn't particularly strong. I also know that unless the guy in the small blind is trapping, he couldn't possibly call an all-in push from me with a hand that he doesn't reraise me with initially. So, I push all-in for $192 to isolate against the short stack, the guy thinks forever, and finally says "I have to call" and flips over AQ clubs. Fine, short stack flips over KQ offsuit, perfect.Anyway, guy with AQ ends up making his flush on the river. Player across the table says "great call man", and the guy with AQ nods in acknowledgement, and replies "yup, that's the advantage of playing the flush"it gets better... I normally don't smack talk donkeys, but I was in a particularly bad mood. I said, "it wasn't a great call, it was a terrible call, you put all your money in as a significant underdog", to which he replied, "uhhhh, AQ suited against AK UNsuited?..." I finished his sentence for him..., "is a huge underdog"
lol
  • Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pot is raised 4x's bb pre-flop.Flop comes A-K-J, turn 7. Raiser goes all indonkey calls flips over King-7Raiser turns over AKDonkey says "That's it, I can never win with two pair"Another hand, flop is 6-6-7, turn 7, river king.Right after king hits donkey moves all in and proceeds to turn over king 10Then says "I had to protect my hand"

a guy just moved all in after a raise with 64 offhe was up against K10 and a 6 flopped, which double him uphis response:"Sometimes you have to make your own luck"lmaoi love internet poker

2/4 LHE on PartyI raise preflop with AQ from early middle position, a couple callers. Flop comes Q-x-x, two clubs, everyone expect CO fold to my raise at the flop - turn is a blank, I bet, get called - river is an A, I bet, get called (no clubs anymore after the flop). CO turns over 23 of clubs - he can't even improve the board.I ask him, why he called my bet on the river (not that I mind, but i was really interested) and his answer was: "A bluff gone wrong and I thought it may be high card wins".I don't get it, calling flop/turn with a weak flush draw ok - i've seen much worse plays, but after missing the draw calling the river with the anti-nuts as a bluff?!?!That's just wrong on more levels than I can comprehend.

have AQ, raiseflop AT7I bet donk goes allin i call, donk has K7turn K, river A"God, no matter how perfect I play some idiot gets lucky to hit a 2 outer"

I thought people were joking when they said this but I had to hear it for myself.I actually heard someone say "if we were playing 6 card poker I would have won".aye aye aye :club:

My degenerate gambler associate (not friend) insisted we mess around the other day and play variations of poker games. He suggested 10 card omaha and I grudgingly agreed (he doesn't shut up). anyhow all 5 cards came down and out of the TEN in my hand I made an 8 high straight, the nuts in fact. I proceeded to raise, he looked though all his cards and said 'i've go to call you, and showed a pair of queens and a missed straight Ace high! WTF?! perhaps we should make a "you know when you are playing a down and out degenerate gambler when...." thread

Some dude who calls of almost his whole stack on a gutshot misses, then tries to bluff allin into a dry side pot when his opponent has already invested 80% of his stackFCPFillmaff: i like how you think hes folding after putting 80% of his stack in the pot alreadyhawk773: it was only another 600, all in looks koolFCPFillmaff: words of a donkeydam TV

Some dude who calls of almost his whole stack on a gutshot misses, then tries to bluff allin into a dry side pot when his opponent has already invested 80% of his stackFCPFillmaff: i like how you think hes folding after putting 80% of his stack in the pot alreadyhawk773: it was only another 600, all in looks koolFCPFillmaff: words of a donkeydam TV
You are the god of this thread :club:

I was playing in a freeroll tournament on Royal Vegas Poker. A guy (with garbage cards) went all in and another guy (we will call him Jack) called. Jack was a 72% favourite to win....and lost.He went nuts and got all pissed off at the other guy who responded by saying that, since it is a freeroll, he wanted to try to double up early. Jack responded with:"What? Who cares about getting a larger stack if the tournament takes 4 hours to play out anyway?"To quote Dr. Evil...."Right.........."

Granted it was only a $5 sng, but playing PL Omaha H/L, dude comes out with "What does low hand mean?" Nobody at the table said a word, and he busted early lol.

I finally have one.....50 NL on pokerroom.comDude buys in for $10 dollars (everyone else had over $35).Min-raised pf by Dude in EP - he is re-raised (4x his raise) by the guy next to him. Everyon else folds.Flop: J :club: 7 :) 2 :) checked to raiser - who overbets and puts Dude all-in - who callsRaiser shows A :D 9 :) - Dude: Q :D 10 :) Turn: 6 :D Flop: A :) Raiser wins with AA.What was funny was the conversation after....Dude: your luck will run outgoose023: why is he lucky? he had a better hand before the money went inDude: an ace and a 9 is not better than a 10 and a queengoose023: ace is a higher card than what u had in your hand and neither of you where paired, he had u beatDude: but i had part of a straightgoose023: and?? part means nothing - especially when you are missing 2 cards for your straightDude: whatever dudeDude: drop itThe best part was, he then re-buys for another $10 and calls all in pf he very next hand. Gets called by the same guy who beat him with A9. Dude turns over AK and the other guy turns over K3. The other guy then proceeds to suck out on a board of 8 3 7 K 5Almost fell off my chair laughing (it was a little funny). 3 rebuys/busts later (all $10) he finally left. goose

I have this one friend who plays in our local home game, and he loves to spout off percentages, but he is almost always wrong, sometimes more wrong than others. This would not be so bad except he will continue to agrue, and me being the jackass that I am, I will continue to argue with him. The worst was the other day when he was trying to argue with me for a while that A-5 vs. A-Q was something like a 20-1 underdog preflop, and then said he would run a simulation to prove it to me. I informed him that cardplayer and other sites had such simulations, but he said he would run his own, not trusting these I guess. Anyways, I suppose I am more the fish for continuing to argue this, but I just cannot remain quiet on something where I KNOW I am right, it makes me so... arggggggg!!! I know this isn't a very good fish story, but this is more therapy for me than anything else...

"I hate people who wear a suit while playing poker like that Daniel Negreno dude on te WPT. I mean c'mon its only poker, why take it so serious""Yeah.....why would you take the chance to win 1.7 million so serious""He got so lucky to win that tourney though, I mjean cmon, he started with like 80% of the chips"....

that made me laugh out loud.and that is hard to do now.like it was a handicap tourney or something.
yeah man that was a pretty good one.reminds me of my buddy who asked me yesterday,buddy - "so i don't get it, did tiger win the masters this year, or did weir?"me - "umm what? the masters isn't over yet dickface"buddy - "no man, i was watching it all day, and i saw woods win, but then later i saw weir win. did they have two this year or something?"- so he can't tell the difference between this year's masters and replays of past years. he watched all afternoon.then again, we did a masters pool right after that conversation, and he took mickelson with the first overall pick!