you know you're playing a fish when he says...

MTT I have 19000, donk has 4000 blinds are 500/1000 and donk has limped/folded twice"You really are dumb huh?""what""You put in half your stack then fold""I was trying to seea cheap flop, I know that because Im smart unlke you""really...cause any smart player would know once you get down to about 10xBB you either go allin or fold""well, then they're not smart, besides Im better than you, I know it, I bet Ill have more than you in 5 minutes""Fine...."5minutes later he tripled up to a whopping 6000, I dropped to 17500"See I won""17000 is more than 6000""Yeah but I have 4000 more and you have 1500 less, I win bye 5500""ok....."----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------hu in SNG me 8000 him 12000blinds 300/600I raise to 1200, he callsAQTHe bets 300..........which means he has nothing, I callturn 3, he goes allin I call, he has J9 I winhe then goes insane moving in ervey hand, in about 5 hands I get AA call and win"You got luck I went allin!"....
Just out of curiousity, what did you have in the 2nd story? You didn't mention it.
It's a trick question. Eddie IS the donk. Reread.
  • Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A guy the other night limps in LP and calls my pf raise of $2.25 (NL .25/.50) when I had :spadesa: :spades10: . We had been jawing back and forth a bit, so basically we weren't pals. So, when I check it down to a scary board, his :clubsj: :clubs7: shows and I win. me: "sweet hand".fish: "shut up fag, its the online hand".me: "I think you mean the computer hand, but that's Q7, you had J7???"Fish: "whatever, how many chips do I have compared to you?"
I have always heard Q 7 being called the computer hand, but I never understood why. Can someone explain...Thx
A guy the other night limps in LP and calls my pf raise of $2.25 (NL .25/.50) when I had :spadesa: :spades10: . We had been jawing back and forth a bit, so basically we weren't pals. So, when I check it down to a scary board, his :clubsj: :clubs7: shows and I win. me: "sweet hand".fish: "shut up fag, its the online hand".me: "I think you mean the computer hand, but that's Q7, you had J7???"Fish: "whatever, how many chips do I have compared to you?"
I have always heard Q 7 being called the computer hand, but I never understood why. Can someone explain...Thx
Because computer programs have determined that heads up the Q7 is 50/50 against a random hand...

I was playing an FPP satelite on PS...the hand nearly crippled me...I flopped a set of 7s...I bet the pot...and I'm reraised by the only other preflop caller...I smooth call...turn comes a brick...still no flush draw...but at this point...there is 72JK on the board...rainbow...I bet the pot size again...he calls...turn comes 10...I bet the pot...he goes all in...leaving me with about 250...Showdown...Donk-A-10 Straight (AQ104 rainbow)Me-Set of 7s (77A10 double suited)I ask...why did you risk so much when you had absolutely nothing...?Donk:I thought my overs were good...WOW

B&M 3/6 gameI bet into a new guy, who's pretty loose. Show down my 2 pair, he says straight and shows his cards. Problem is he only has a 4 card straight.When the dealer tells him he smacks his head and says; "Shoot I've been playing 4 card poker for the last 2 hours and I forgot....I'm sorry.""Nothing to be sorry about my friend, not a thing."

I got dealt QQ twice in a row.. 1st time... SB with like 4k in chips facing an allin of around 2,500.. I decide to go ahead and call it.. QQ Vs. AK flop spikes the ace end of story one. Very next hand I'm on the button everyone limps to me I raise my remaining 1,500 and UTG calls everyone else mucks. He has me covered in chips we flip up cards QQ vs A3o... He flops his 3 turn comes nothing river comes the A. I'm like Hey man nice call UTG.. He says to me "It was a great call I had 2 pair and you're busted." LoL

I have KQFlop: 9,10,JTurn: blankRiver: K - After rivering a 3-outer to a higher straight he says, "I thought you had it."

I got three from yesterday, two from the same guy.First guy after busting me out after I raised large with 77he turns over 33Flop come 997, 3, 3He says I knew when you put your chips in you had a bigger pair than me.LOLSecond guy has two and they are both pretty good.3 people left I am BB, the donk is the SB and has been stealing the last few hands. He raises 900 I go all-in for 3100 and he calls. I have AK and he has 29. I win the hand and comment on his tremendous call. He says I was trying to steal and I coulda had any cards, what if it was Q-10 or 10-J.The same guy later on when him and I are heads up. I have Q7 in the BB he calls.Flop Q99We both checkTurn - Q (I have the full house)I bet he raises I reraise all-in and he calls (I figure its a split pot.)He turns over 10-9and the river is of course a 9I ask him at what point did he not think I had a Q.he replies with this gem:I wasn't sure if you did or not, but I was certain I had some outs.I say yeah you had one.He goes, yeah like I said there was an out.Of course censored UB lets him hit it, sometimes that site vidicates morons on purpose.

Just out of curiousity, what did you have in the 2nd story? You didn't mention itmy bad QJs
im not quoting this for the actual post, but by reading most of your stories i can definitely tell you play at pacific.it's good for the wallet and also good entertainment value listening to the idiots.

Limit Omaha Hi/Lo on Poker Starsguy flops trip jacks and then slowplays the flop and everyone checks aroundturn is junk, again he checks and everyone checks around againriver brings up the fourth jack and he checks AGAIN, and again everyone checks around AGAINHe wins the pot with quad jacks and I proceed to ask him why he didn't bet out and he says "check-raise". I'm just thinking to my self "a lot of good that did." Dude possesses the nuts and refuses to even bet out on the river in hopes of getting one caller. The table we have been playing at has been extremely loose after the initial bet has been put on the table and he didn't even see it. There is no doubt in my mind that he would have had 2 or 3 callers despite what is on the board.Check raising is fine, but there comes a point to where you just have to fire out the bet to take the pot down.

Just out of curiousity, what did you have in the 2nd story? You didn't mention itmy bad QJs
im not quoting this for the actual post, but by reading most of your stories i can definitely tell you play at pacific.it's good for the wallet and also good entertainment value listening to the idiots.
ding ding!

A guy at my table folds 6-4 offsuit pre-fold UTG. Flop comes 4-6-x....turn brings a 6.....After the hand he says, "Damn! My gut was telling me I should have played that! I'm not going to ignore my gut for the rest of the night." Got busted playing 10-8 offsuit 2 hours later....

okerStars Game #2550045594: Tournament #12425401, Hold'em No Limit - Level V (75/150) - 2005/09/11 - 09:52:34 (ET)Table '12425401 1' Seat #9 is the buttonSeat 1: Tompengpong (1255 in chips) Seat 3: LEET19 (4360 in chips) Seat 4: Bluechuff (1335 in chips) Seat 5: eagleskickas (1245 in chips) Seat 6: Monstruito (3125 in chips) Seat 8: JezzaL (960 in chips) Seat 9: JJFlash54 (1220 in chips) Tompengpong: posts small blind 75LEET19: posts big blind 150*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to eagleskickas [9c 9h]Bluechuff: folds eagleskickas: raises 1095 to 1245 and is all-inMonstruito: folds JezzaL: calls 960 and is all-inJJFlash54: folds Tompengpong: folds LEET19: folds *** FLOP *** [Qc Ts 6d]*** TURN *** [Qc Ts 6d] [2d]*** RIVER *** [Qc Ts 6d 2d] [4s]*** SHOW DOWN ***eagleskickas: shows [9c 9h] (a pair of Nines)JezzaL: shows [Jh Th] (a pair of Tens)JezzaL collected 2145 from poteagleskickas: Nice callJezzaL: Suited connectors gotta take a stab

First of all, I just started playing poker not to long ago and by no means am I a "pro" (I've noticed I've made a lot of mistakes you guys are making fun of...learning a lot though)...but being new, I've played with a lot of players new to the game...here are a few of the funnier incidents in our games...----------------------------------------Fish: Ad-10dFlop: Kd-Qd-x...3 in pot, 1bet, all callTurn: Js...checks aroundRiver: Jd...check, check....Fish slams cards down face up....----------------------------------------$10 Tournament...I've already busted out (couldn't lay overpair, QQ, down to a set...stupid, i know) and it's a friendly game and I've got "pock-cam privies" on a friend of mine...P1: 3800, P2: 2200, Friend: 1500Blinds: 50-100PF: folded to my friend who has 5,4o and raises to 350P1: (in cutoff): calls with jc,10cP2: (button): calls with A,Qo...blinds foldFlop: K-5-4Friend bets 400, call, callTurn: blankcheck, check, checkRiver: 5check, check, p2 bets 500....Friend quick mucks his cards (and I'm like "Whaaaa??!!")P2: calls (I don't know why...probably to force showdown, lol)P1 shows Ace high to take the potI ask my friend why he folded...He says: "I thought I had 4s"Needless to say, he goes on sick tilt and busts out soon after (btw, he is actually a fairly good player, everyone brainfarts from time to time)-----------------------------------------I don't know if this is qualified as fish material, but I thought it was funny...We used to play games on credit. We would keep a debt sheet and after a few games pay out whenever we had the money...then a new player (who plays like a complete maniac and is the type that "reads you" after the showdown) came and seemed like he was never gonna pay up...so we were forced start a rule to lay the cash in the pot before every game...the very first game we play, he has to borrow $$ to make the buy-in...then busts out (edit: on the first hand) trying to come over the top of KK...last game we ever played with him....

Some moron who works for me told me that he likes playing hold em because: "I can count cards so a I always know exactly what's coming on the flop, turn, and river."This was what I wanted to say, instead of smiling and walking away:"Oh yeah, well then why the hell do you work full time for 8 dollars an hour?"I think I'm going to fire him...I refuse to pay a guy that dumb. I'm also going to fire the moron that hired this moron...but not before i get him to come to a home game.