you know you're playing a fish when he says...

Sometimes actions speak louder than words:Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converterPreflop: Hero is MP1 with [Ad], [Ac]. 1 fold, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.Flop: (8.50 SB) [Tc], [4c], [Kc] (4 players)BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero bets, BB folds, Hero calls.Turn: (9.25 BB) [7c] (2 players)Hero bets, Hero calls.River: (17.25 BB) [2s] (2 players)Hero bets, Hero calls.Final Pot: 25.25 BBResults in white below: Hero has Ad Ac (flush, ace high). Button has 6c 8h (flush, king high). Outcome: Hero wins 25.25 BB. Check out that cap on the flop with 2 unders, then the turn/river cap with the 6c on a 4 club board. What a gift.Oh, and didn't notice it before, but check out BB's flop play. Call 2 cold then fold to a cap, awesome.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest XXEddie

I once saw a guy fold bottom pair crappy kicker....then he stood up and congratulated himself for not folding the best hand .....or was that last weeks WPT

Okay, I sat down in a .25-.25 NL room on Hollywood looking to mess around while I waited for a tourney to start. I only bought in for 12 dollars when this hand came up. My name on this is OtisTP. I changed the names of the guys that called to protect them from you sharks. Look at the hand and then I'll recap the argument afterwards.Texas Hold'em $0.25-$0.25 NL (real money), #934,320,774Table Flint, 26 May 2005 4:10 AM ETSeat 1: OtisTP ($10.75 in chips)Seat 2: interesting1 ($30.30 in chips)Seat 3: Kip555 ($31.55 in chips)Seat 4: milahmilah ($9 in chips)Seat 5: hammm420 ($22.45 in chips)Seat 6: JFarrell ($15.10 in chips)Seat 7: repo_ham ($38.65 in chips)Seat 8: bruisedlee ($85.70 in chips)Seat 9: lukyazz ($4.55 in chips)Seat 10: JFarrell2 ($3.40 in chips)ANTES/BLINDSlukyazz posts blind ($0.15), JFarrell2 posts blind ($0.25).PRE-FLOPOtisTP bets $10.75 and is all-in, interesting1 folds, Kip555 folds, milahmilah folds, hammm420 folds, JFarrell calls $10.75, repo_ham folds, bruisedlee folds, lukyazz folds, JFarrell2 calls $3.15 and is all-in.FLOP [board cards 3C,QH,7H ]TURN [board cards 3C,QH,7H,2D ]RIVER [board cards 3C,QH,7H,2D,AC ]SHOWDOWNOtisTP shows [ KC,KD ]JFarrell shows [ 5H,10H ]JFarrell2 shows [ 9H,JC ]OtisTP wins $14, OtisTP wins $9.85.SUMMARYDealer: bruisedleePot: $25.05, (including rake: $1.20)OtisTP, bets $10.75, collects $23.85, net $13.10interesting1, loses $0Kip555, loses $0milahmilah, loses $0hammm420, loses $0JFarrell, loses $10.75repo_ham, loses $0bruisedlee, loses $0lukyazz, loses $0.15JFarrell2, loses $3.40Okay, so I wanted to try the all in preflop thing someone was talking about the other day just curious to see what I'd get called with. After a few moments (where I thought I might've been rivered), I drag the pot and think nothing of it. Then the guy with the 10-5 of hearts says, "unfair". I ask him what he's talking about and he says (needless to say, I'm cleaning up the grammar):"You know what I'm talking about, cheater."I'm a little confused."You're only supposed to go all in preflop to protect a small pair, which means I was getting good odds to call."A couple people laugh and he says, "Would you fold A10 of hearts if you knew the other guy had sixes? Same thing!"I wasn't sure if he was joking, so I asked him if he was. He then started swearing at me and calling me a cheater some more and tried to get the other players to refuse to play until I left. In any case, I laughed and laughed and laughed.Peace,Jay

I looked for this hand but couldn't find it, but anywho...A couple of nights ago on stars playing 50/1 limit, UTG raises and gets a couple callers. Flop Is AJ8 rainbow, UTG bets, one perosn stayed. He called a bet on the turn, 10 and river J. UTG had AK caller shoed 56o and types in, "I thought you were bluffing".I fell over backwards laughing and dang near killed myself, lol.

Guest XXEddie
Okay, I sat down in a .25-.25 NL room on Hollywood looking to mess around while I waited for a tourney to start. I only bought in for 12 dollars when this hand came up. My name on this is OtisTP. I changed the names of the guys that called to protect them from you sharks. Look at the hand and then I'll recap the argument afterwards.Texas Hold'em $0.25-$0.25 NL (real money), #934,320,774Table Flint, 26 May 2005 4:10 AM ETSeat 1: OtisTP ($10.75 in chips)Seat 2: interesting1 ($30.30 in chips)Seat 3: Kip555 ($31.55 in chips)Seat 4: milahmilah ($9 in chips)Seat 5: hammm420 ($22.45 in chips)Seat 6: JFarrell ($15.10 in chips)Seat 7: repo_ham ($38.65 in chips)Seat 8: bruisedlee ($85.70 in chips)Seat 9: lukyazz ($4.55 in chips)Seat 10: JFarrell2 ($3.40 in chips)ANTES/BLINDSlukyazz posts blind ($0.15), JFarrell2 posts blind ($0.25).PRE-FLOPOtisTP bets $10.75 and is all-in, interesting1 folds, Kip555 folds, milahmilah folds, hammm420 folds, JFarrell calls $10.75, repo_ham folds, bruisedlee folds, lukyazz folds, JFarrell2 calls $3.15 and is all-in.FLOP [board cards 3C,QH,7H ]TURN [board cards 3C,QH,7H,2D ]RIVER [board cards 3C,QH,7H,2D,AC ]SHOWDOWNOtisTP shows [ KC,KD ]JFarrell shows [ 5H,10H ]JFarrell2 shows [ 9H,JC ]OtisTP wins $14, OtisTP wins $9.85.SUMMARYDealer: bruisedleePot: $25.05, (including rake: $1.20)OtisTP, bets $10.75, collects $23.85, net $13.10interesting1, loses $0Kip555, loses $0milahmilah, loses $0hammm420, loses $0JFarrell, loses $10.75repo_ham, loses $0bruisedlee, loses $0lukyazz, loses $0.15JFarrell2, loses $3.40Okay, so I wanted to try the all in preflop thing someone was talking about the other day just curious to see what I'd get called with. After a few moments (where I thought I might've been rivered), I drag the pot and think nothing of it. Then the guy with the 10-5 of hearts says, "unfair". I ask him what he's talking about and he says (needless to say, I'm cleaning up the grammar):"You know what I'm talking about, cheater."I'm a little confused."You're only supposed to go all in preflop to protect a small pair, which means I was getting good odds to call."A couple people laugh and he says, "Would you fold A10 of hearts if you knew the other guy had sixes? Same thing!"I wasn't sure if he was joking, so I asked him if he was. He then started swearing at me and calling me a cheater some more and tried to get the other players to refuse to play until I left. In any case, I laughed and laughed and laughed.Peace,Jay
....meet JFarrell....and I love how your the cheater....and he has 2 accounts on the same table

After splitting a pot with me where we're both holding the nut straight, he says: "Rigged site strikes again, don't deposit money on here"This is real money by the way...DUH! :club:

Guest XXEddie

playing a friend who seriously thinks he is god of poker even though hes only been playing for a monthI tell him Ill start with 100 chips and hell start with 200 blinds 1/2 he says okearly hand im BBhe limps I raise to 8 with KTs he callflop KT8 i check, he bets 9, I make it 30 he callsturn: x, 72 in pot, i have 62 left....I go allin he calls with 84ohe throws down his cards and says"UNFAIR!!! YOURE NOT ALLOWED TO CHECK A GOOD HAND"

I was just watching this game on Stars.*** SUMMARY ***Board [3d 2s 6c 3h 9h]Seat 2: Aizza (small blind) showed [2h Ac] and lost with two pair, Threes and DeucesSeat 7: JaSoN3967 showed [9s 9c] and won with a full house, Nines full of ThreesAizza:"Lucky River *****"And no one said anything... :shock:

Guy in MP raises. I reraise with KK. Guy behind me caps. Three to a flop of QJ3 rainbow. I bet. Two calls. Turn blank. I bet. Two calls. River J. I bet. MP raises. I call expecting QQ or AJ.When he flips over JTos, I say, "Wow." He says, "I put you on AA."???

This thread is just pure gold.Online .5/1 NL, one guys limps in with every hand possible. Also calls raises and usually likes to go all-in with 87o etc. preflop, if someone raises all-in. People start wondering what he's doing, and he replies: "Why fold before the flop? You could have the quads." Well yeah, you just might...

Guest XXEddie

"youre lucky the stupid system didnt realize i had a str8, i shoulda won"when is "str8" was really a 2-3-5-6-7--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------True omaha story3 handed, im dealt AKQT all spadesButton folds, SB completes, I raise he callflop XXX. check check, turn X, check check, river J of spades, check checkhe wins with a pair i think.Button goes "why didnt you win, you had a royal flush"I could also tell countless omaha stories of omaha idiots who think they can use all four-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------"I have a str8, 6-7-8-9-.........oh wait"then says, "I except to win" or was that some guy at the WSOP

Online players: "I play by [insert: feel, gut, instinct, intuition, etc.]."

Sometimes actions speak louder than words:Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converterPreflop: Hero is MP1 with [Ad], [Ac].    1 fold, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.Flop: (8.50 SB) [Tc], [4c], [Kc] (4 players)BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero bets, BB folds, Hero calls.Turn: (9.25 BB) [7c] (2 players)Hero bets, Hero calls.River: (17.25 BB) [2s] (2 players)Hero bets, Hero calls.Final Pot: 25.25 BBResults in white below:  Hero has Ad Ac (flush, ace high).  Button has 6c 8h (flush, king high).  Outcome: Hero wins 25.25 BB.  Check out that cap on the flop with 2 unders, then the turn/river cap with the 6c on a 4 club board.  What a gift.Oh, and didn't notice it before, but check out BB's flop play.  Call 2 cold then fold to a cap, awesome.
I'll give you 4 BB for his ID 8)

I was playing a $5 Sit n Go on Ultimate Bet the other night, and their was this guy that must have seen at least 70-80% of all flops, and if he hit anything, he was full steam ahead. Surprisingly, he was able to accumulate a huge stack as others tried to bluff him out, as well as him sucking out quite a few times.With about 7-8 left, I was dealt AA in mid position (he was to my immediate left), so I decided to limp knowing it was almost certain he would raise. He did not disappoint. Anyhow, he ended up having some trash like K5, and the flop was Kxx. I push and doubled up through him.About 20 hands later, I was dealt QQ, he had J2. Jxx flop. I push and double up again.fish: " that is twice now"me: "don't worry, we will make it thrice soon"fish: "your just so lucky that you had a bigger pair each time"but as if that wasn't enough... a few hands later(Mind you, still 6 players left)I have AQ, flop is Axx, he bets min, i reraise all in, he calls with A2. Hits his 2 on the turn. Blank river. fish: "about time"me: "way to hit your 3 outer, nh"fish: "I couldn't fold top pair"Ended up heads up against this fool and won it when my flopped fullhouse beat his rivered flush. Yummy fish.As a side note, I dont' believe I have ever seen somebody suck out as many times in so few hands as this guy. It was just unreal. I think I figured for all the times he was a 2 to 1 dog or 4 to 1 dog after the flop and the money got in... multiplying it out, he had less than a 1% chance to have survived to the final 2.

Guest XXEddie

i know this is on there but this was annoyingUTG goes allin for 5xBB, I raise to about 1400(of my 4000) with JJ(blind 50/100)folded to BB who callsflop 89Q, BB checks, i go allin he calls with AKriver Keverybody : "nice hand"me: "nice suckout"

UB NL $25 handprefloputg+2 raise to 2$ w/KKBB: call w/ 77flop 6 8 10BB bet $4utg+1: allin for $14 moreBB: callturn /river: blanksutg+1 doubles upBB: that was really luck for you. after the flop i should have won that easily.me: how do you figure that?BB: " I had 6 outs, and he had only 2"!!!! 8)

Guest XXEddie
Comon, it was a coinflip, you made it sound like he beat you with a 1 outer.
i know, but if you opponent re-raises an allin from UTG, and goes allin on a 89Q flop, are you calling?

Played against a guy on went ballistic on line because he thought his hand tied the winner, yet he lost. After a profanity-laced blast, it turns out he wasn't familiar with the concept of a kicker. His next chat was a very quiet "oh" - he left the table next hand.

In a no-limit hold'em game two players limp in front of me and I raise to 8 times the blind.Everyone folds except for the two that limped. Flop is K 2 9 with two diamonds. First guy makes a big raise and the other guy folds. I move in thinking he has either a pair of kings with a big kicker or maybe a flush draw. Now I respect the millennium as much as the next guy but when he turns over K 2 offsuit all I can do is shake my head. Miraculously the next card is an ace and I win with trips. For the next 10 minutes before he finally leaves I listen to this guy bitching about how I censored lucky and terrible I am while he explains that he called me pre-flop hoping I had aces.

At my friendly local game.. we have this guy.. we'll call him "Goat"..anyways. Goat loves to get lucky. and believes that poker is all luck.Long story short. i have KK, i raise., Goat calls. my buddy re-raises on the button with A,10s. BB pushes all in with JJ, I call. "goat" calls (after a re-raise, and another re-raise)., by the end of it. .we are all 4 all in.I show, KK, buddy 1 shows A,10s, buddy 2 shows JJ, Goat shows 7,9 clubs.LOL!!!!!... he all looked at him.. his reply "sometimes u just gotta play these hands", i knew u guys all had high cards. so if low cards hit. i'm gold"baaaahahah. what a tard

Comon, it was a coinflip, you made it sound like he beat you with a 1 outer.
i know, but if you opponent re-raises an allin from UTG, and goes allin on a 89Q flop, are you calling?
Only with overcards

Well my buddy was in 3rd position in a 6-Handed game. 1st position folded and 2nd postion raised 3x BB with AK. 3rd postion(MY BUDDY) re-raised with pcoket QQ's. 4th and 5th folded but BB re-raise with pocket KK''s. 2nd postion(AK) folded and my buddy went all-in with his ladies. BB called. Well the flop, turn and river didnt pop a Queen so my buddy was out. The funny thing is, he had the nerve to tell this guy he should have folded with pocket KK;s. He said it was late in the tourn. and there was a raise and re-raise in earlier positions(trying to be smart) and BB is supposed to fold because someone obvisiously has an Ace or Aces. LOL HAHAHAA. Oh my god I never heard that in my life. And this is a guy that makes fun of me for reading "DAN HARRINGTONS" NO-LIMIT HOLDEM" book. Im sorry but the guy is a decent player but that just shows you he isnt ready to play in the big time. Im guessing thats why he lost when he went to Vegas and played in a No-Limit tourny."let me know what you guys think"---Jack