Queensday Holland, Ends In Disaster

sad incident,I will be visiting Holland next week and I have family there now, I hope they weren't at that parade...
It was in Apeldoorn, I don't know where your family lives, but I hope they're okay.
  • Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wtf is the douche bag security guy on the left just standing there for? He looks totally oblivious to everything.
I'm just guessing he has a charge to protect the royals no matter what, no matter what, no matter what. So he's on guard for them.

The man that took the picture of the guy in the car says that there is no way he spoke after the accident.He doubts wether or not it's true what the police say that the guy told an officer he did it on purpose. He says the guy looked dead and didn't move.edit: I wonder when the first conspiracy theorist shows up.

Here are some thing I've learned from this thread.Dude went crazy and drove into a crowd. People suck. Bravehrt guy didn't realize the US is one of the last remaining 1st world countries still using capitol punishment. The Dutch beat out Mormon's on Bravehearts top two things he hates most in the world. wtfThe Netherlands have a holiday called Queensday and it's like, the important thing ever. The Netherlands have a royal family. My brain is still trying to wrap itself around that one. People suck.

Here are some thing I've learned from this thread.Dude went crazy and drove into a crowd. People suck. Bravehrt guy didn't realize the US is one of the last remaining 1st world countries still using corporal punishment. The Dutch beat out Mormon's on Bravehearts top two things he hates most in the world. wtfThe Netherlands have a holiday called Queensday and it's like the important thing ever. The Netherlands have a royal family. My brain is still trying to wrap itself around that one. People suck.
You left something out. I am going to Disneyland.
The Netherlands have a holiday called Queensday and it's like the important thing ever.
this kinda shows (in a funny way) how important it is to us.skip to 2.10

yeah, there really are some ridiculously fucked up people out there. stuff like this guy, the mass shooters, hell, even those ****s that rob people on christmas day. I mean what the hell is wrong with some people? everybody needs to be allowed to kill one person a month. shit like this would dry up quickly.

"Assault Weapon" IMO.
haha
I bet you're a blast at parties.
I bet you are.[This post has many layers, since I actually do think you'd be a blast at parties, and even though I said that, it was implied that I was continuing your sarcasm. So I guess it has 2 layers.]
The entire country is upside down right now. All tv channels have been broadcasting about it constantly all day long. People are shocked and almost all festivities have been cancelled in the entire country.This is a disaster for us, because Queensday is the most important holiday for our country of the year. And this year was extra special because the Queen-mother, that started the tradition, would have been 100 years old today. So, so sad.
the most important holiday isn't even 100 years old? odd

Was anyone else shocked to know about the dutch royal family. Then simultaneously turned on by how good looking the princess is.Is this the wrong thread for this?Also, people suck!

I don't at all mean this to sound insensitive, but I can tell you exactly why he did it: he is insane. He was either completely psychotic, or had a psychotic episode. Nothing he ever says can explain his actions. Death seems like a fitting punishment, although being a vegetable probably isn't a lot of fun either. The last thing I hope for is that he recovers so he can be prosecuted. I hope he dies.
I don't see your logic here. If he was literally out of his mind when it happened, he shouldn't be condemned to death.
Hopefully this incident wont give El Guapo any ideas when he gets to DisneyLand and finds out a bottle of water is eight bucks and they dont serve beer....I mourn for the children that were hurt but it would make my day to see that fucking mouse and whore in the wedding dress rolling down the street in a debri field DONT GO GUAP!
Snappy.
Way to slide a size 3 dress on a size 11 ass.
Well said.
Here are some thing I've learned from this thread.Dude went crazy and drove into a crowd. People suck. Bravehrt guy didn't realize the US is one of the last remaining 1st world countries still using corporal punishment. The Dutch beat out Mormon's on Bravehearts top two things he hates most in the world. wtfThe Netherlands have a holiday called Queensday and it's like the important thing ever. The Netherlands have a royal family. My brain is still trying to wrap itself around that one. People suck.
You left something out. I am going to Disneyland.
You guys are ok by me.I realize that I've contributed nothing to this thread, but I figured I'd stop in to tell y'all that you're doing a good job.
There's something to be said for that, but I'd still like to know why from his mouth. I hope he'll be paralyzed from the neck down or something. Even if he's psychotic (although the police have stated during a press conference he's not, which I find weird, cause how the hell do they know, but whatever).Even then I'd like to hear it from him.edit: News just came through: 5 dead at the moment. The person that died wasn't the guy that did it. He's still in critical condition.
Here's the thing: You can't put a rational explanation on irrational acts. If it was an intentional act, no amount of explanation is going to make any more sense out of this. If it was unintentional, be glad he wasn't driving a Hummer. I mean, did you see that car before it hit the pole? it was demolished. A Hummer would've plowed through 3 times as many people and kept on truckin.
Here's the thing: You can't put a rational explanation on irrational acts. If it was an intentional act, no amount of explanation is going to make any more sense out of this. If it was unintentional, be glad he wasn't driving a Hummer. I mean, did you see that car before it hit the pole? it was demolished. A Hummer would've plowed through 3 times as many people and kept on truckin.
Yea the Japanese have never been able to make decent crowd plowing vehicle. Score one for GM.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWktQi9fwW4Go to 1:42
I don't see your logic here. If he was literally out of his mind when it happened, he shouldn't be condemned to death.
Eh, I don't subscribe to that. If somebody is mentally retarded and goes nuts or whatever then they deserve hospitalization rather than normal punishment. This guy probably wasn't. Here's the problem with your argument: "literally out of his mind" is literally an oxymoron, since 'out of his mind' is an idiom. I'm not just nitpicking and embarrassing you grammatically though - my point is that a ton of psychotic killers or rapists or whatever are probably "out of their mind," at least at the time of the crime. And sure, they were probably (definitely) abused as a child and yadda yadda and they need therapy and blah blah blah but they also just raped and killed three women, for example. Temporary insanity is kind of a farce - sure maybe the person isn't directly getting enjoyment out of their crime, or afterward they may (claim) to not remember it, or not understand why they did what they did. But unless they're retarded, they should go to jail/be executed. What else can you do? People who commit dramatic and horrifying crimes like this are pretty much never treatable, and are such a high risk to re-commit that they certainly shouldn't ever be released. To what end should we let them into a hospital where they would presumably be comfortable and get treatment? No, we should lock them up and make them pay for their crimes.
Had this been an islamic terrorists, and bush waterboarded him, half this forum woulda been more upset at bush.
Jesus Christ, you really are a miserable cunt, aren't you?
the most important holiday isn't even 100 years old? odd
So if a holiday is very important, it must also be old? Because it can't be important if it isn't atleast 300 years old? Right....Also, the guy died tonight. So we will never know why.It just all doesn't make any sense though. Let's look at the options:[a] It was unintentional -> he fainted or something while behind the wheel. This is not very logical, because it was said that he tried to pass a barricade earlier but got send away by the guards. So if it was an accident, why did he try to drive through the barricade earlier? It was intentional -> he was trying to hit/hurt/kill the royal familyAlso a strange option. Why on earth would you take a Suzuki Swift to ram a fortified bus where the royal family is sitting on top off (they weren't sitting IN the bus, the bus had an open top. Bit like those old UK busses). There was no way he would ever hit any of them or even make a dent in that bus. [c] It was intentional -> he was trying to kill as many bystanders as possibleHe did a good job at this. The question arises why though. Most people that do shit like this are trying to make some kind of weird "point". They're trying to "tell the world" something. But his house was searched and no letters or video's or stuff like that was found. He must have known he probably wouldn't survive this, so if he did it to make a point without actually leaving anything behind for us to know what that point was.... his deed was actually pointless, so to speak.[d] He was a nutcase and there was no reasonHe had no record for psychological issues. That doesn't mean he wasn't crazy ofcourse. But can you go so completely banana's out of nowhere, but still drive your car whilst checking the official planning for the route of the royal family and listening to the radio to make sure you are on about the same route, and then do all of this?I mean as a criminologist, my experience is that with 90% of all criminals there is something to be said about their sanity; quite logically because "normal" people don't commit crimes. My personal (and that of many of my professors) is that to conclude that someone committed a crime because he's crazy, you need to look at the person, not at the crime. You can't say: this crime is so evil/bad/insane, that the person who did it must be psychologically ill too. The criteria that I personally use when I need to evaluate these things is: someone had a psychological issue when committing a crime if you can clearly tell from the actions of the person right before, during or after the crime, that he could not control his thinking or actions. To me: when you can drive a car for an hour from your house to Apeldoorn, check the route, estimate how far you are from the royal family using the radio... you are able to think clearly and you are not "insane".Long post, but my conclusion as a criminologist (not only based on this though), is that it was intentional and there was a motive for it, which unfortunately we will probably never know.
An ex-adobe employee breaks down criminal thinking
Did the little girl die?