what hand do you get dealt and think "trouble"

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

JJ in loose low level limit games... it's pretty much the same as 33 against a field of sixKJ AKA Noob's delight... ever seem how much Noobs love this hand? calling raises from rocks with it... nothing but trouble..AJ AKA noobs nuts... If you think noobs love KJ, then AJ is the ****ing nuts!! Oh shit, you have AK.. damn..and of course, there is one hand I get that I know is going to be trouble.. for My enemies!!! that is of course the mighty Krablar.... Some times I know it's the right time, I've been playing tight, abc, and its folded around to me, and there's Krablar, sitting there, loooking up at Me, pinching at Me.. and I know it's on, and I'm more than likly gonna blow a bunch of money on a trouble hand... The price you pay for the dance..

Ahh, the Krablar pinch...I've felt that one too..at least I think it was the Krablar :cough:I just gotta say--A quote from Bill & Ted's alongside one from Socrates...classic.

Depends if it's limit or no limit.LimitAK, because unless the board is total rags, I'll more often than not need better than top pair to win at show down, and this hand will cost you some coin if someone makes a low set or two pair.No LimitMostly everything but AA and KK, because I am so new to it. [/b]

QQ and JJ, you can just never be to confident with these hands because if a K or A hits 9 times out of 10 you are beat. Unless it is heads up, then these hands become a lot more powerful.

Am I the only one who likes JJ?
I think you might be. This hand is so mich nicer looking than it really is. I would trade a pair of jacks for a pair of 6s or 7s any time. They are so much easier to get away from when that Ace or King or Queen hit.

AQ for me also, seems like when win with it I win $10... but when I lose I lose $40.I've been folding KJ so quick lately you wouldn't even notice that I was even dealt any cards.but AQ... and probably 10J because I ALWAYS wanna play it preflop, and if I end up hitting a pair I hold onto it longer than I should... so in my mine I tell myself that 10J, and QJ are the same as 56 and 78.

AQ, hands down. KQ is tricky, too, so are jacks, but if you drew a dividing line between the top tier of starting hands and the 2nd tier, AQ wouldn't just be on the line, it would BE the line.AQ, *shudder*. Try not to play a big pot with it, especially preflop, unless you've got an optimal situation where you know you have the best hand.The same could be said for jacks, I suppose. AQ and JJ are two hands that people tend to overplay.I'm like JaysonWebber, though, I got myself into a lot of bad situations with AQ when I first started playing...

QQ is definitely the worst hand in poker. I have lost more money with QQ, than all other hands combined.On the contrary I have won a lot with Q8.
funny you say that... i just went out of a tourney w/ QQ vs/ A-rag... :evil:
Ahh, the Krablar pinch...I've felt that one too..at least I think it was the Krablar :cough:I just gotta say--A quote from Bill & Ted's alongside one from Socrates...classic.
But the Quote from Bill and Teds is from the scene where bill and ted are actually meeting So Crates, and are trying to talk him into coming back through time... In order to convince So Crates that they are men of wisdom, they exchange wisdom with So Crates. Bill (or maybe it was Ted) starts quoting "Dust in the Wind" and then pantamimes it, since they can'tspeak ancient Greek. So Crates interpts it as " Just as the sands in an hourglass, so are the days of our lives". So really the juxposition of B&T with So Crates isn't an anti-intuitive as you might think.

JJ, i have yet to win a big pot with this hand, I jsut hope someone raises me as I will fold it practically no matter what

D amn, every time I peek at my hole cards I think "trouble." Anybody know who Gil the used car salesman from The Simpsons is? That's me. Ice

wow! Everyone is naming great hands. AA-77, AK, AQ, KJ, AJ, KQ...those are hands that I think "flop" when I see them. :-) I hate 33 because pairs are cool but not this one. Same with 55-22.

I had a stupid bet with a friend of mine. In limit ring games (not online), we had to keep track of a single hand apiece, and see who could win the most $$/hand. No folding before the flop, unless you face 3 bets cold. My hand was TJs, and his was 77.I was very confident that I'd have positive EV playing in weak no-fold'em 3-6 games, and that he'd get slaughtered. I got slaughtered. When I was playing with him, he was dealt the hand 10 times. He flopped 4 sets, turned/rivered a 5th, and completed 2 straight draws. He folded to 3 overcard flops each additional time. He won 7 massive pots, and lost 3 tiny ones. I, however, flopped an open-ended straight flush draw like 1,000 times, and only picked up a hand only to get redrawn out upon by a set making a house. I threw in the towel today, after 6 months of overplaying TJs, trying to catch up. ****ing hand.Ice

trouble hands... QQ can be tough sometimes because an overcard will hit about 40% of the time. However, I find that JJ is the most troubling hand. It looks good at first, but you have to remember not to get too attached.

AQ os, No-Limit.... I ... cant... get... away....call.... Outkicked
JaysonWeber22: censored censored censoredJaysonWeber22: censored censored censoredSteve 93: aces cracked?JaysonWeber22: Did u see my post about AQ being my least favorite hand?Steve 93: nopeSteve 93: i can look thoughJaysonWeber22: censored JUST LOST 43 dollar pot OUT censored KICKEDhe doesnt lie folks :club:
I just took a look at this topic again... lol that's just too funny, I couldn't believe it. The whole time I was in the hand I'm like well it would just be perfect if.....And WRTO, Regarding the 22-55 Those are bloody easy to play! What are you talking about mang :D

I've been hating all my sets. I only win with about half of them, and when they lose, they drown big in the river (flush, straight, or 2-outer overset). I can pretty much guarantee that a coordinated board will complete on the river if I am holding a set, lately. Ptui!10-7 soooted, on the other hand, has been quite good to me. And quite evil to that poor guy with the bullets.But yes, my most hated starting hand is still AQ. Even though I am personally significantly +EV with it, I just hate to see it. Brain disconnect, maybe?