what hand do you get dealt and think "trouble"

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

for me its A K. I know its a great hand but almost everytime i get it someone raises so i call, usually get involved in a huge pot only for them to turn over AA. I very rarely pick up a straight, or flush if its suited. as soon as i get it i start wondering who has the aces.

AJs looks better than it is and is often dominated by hands that reraise, not bad in position but in early position cant bring myself to just throw it away

88,99,1010,JJevery time I enter a pot, Im always thinking, ok how am I going broke here?I can lay down hands, I just hate these(in nlh, obviosly)as far as KJ type hands, I'd rather play 6-7 so I dont trap myself

Am I the only one who likes JJ? I love that hand. I usually put in a standard or more raise and you'll usually get called with someone with an Ace in their hand.If the flop comes with a K or Q, don't be scared. You just have to bet out at it, or if you're in position, call if the opponent bets (or raise). People will throw out bets with nothing in their hand and you have to put the pressure on them. The only card I'm worried about is an Ace flopping and either way, you might have a chance to represent that you have an ace, or an ace with a big kicker. If you're playing no-limit, just put the pressure on with jacks, people will throw their hands away.

Whenever I'm on the bubble and pick up either AA or KK, I just know it's going to be a disaster.Okay, so I dont really dread the day I pick up aces on the bubble, they've just been cracked a couple times. My real list is:KJ, AJ, JJ, QJ

99 and AJ. 99 I end up staying too often with an overcard on the board. AJ looks premium, but is marginal against any real action. Both could be best in a lot of situations, but it's pretty hard to tell sometimes.

AK: practically everytime i play this hand someone is calling me with A rag, flop comes rags, and the turn is an A at which point I'm reverse dominated whichout even knowing it. 88: The last 4 times I've had this hand in NL I've hit my set on the flop only to have the board be coordinated and someone draw out on me. It's some kind of ridiculously cursed hand.