• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think there needs to be a small white truck parked next to the scene of the accident, watching but not participating.

How was the crowd for The Lovely Bones?

That's how I felt when I saw Gangs of New York, followed closely by City of God. DDL is fantastic in Gangs, but the movie didn't do much for me. City Of God though, that's the real thing.     I don

just watched paradise lost about the west memphis three. jesus christ what a terrifying movie. I listened to metallica when I was a kid. glad nobody got murdered in my town.

just watched paradise lost about the west memphis three. jesus christ what a terrifying movie. I listened to metallica when I was a kid. glad nobody got murdered in my town.
There was a moderate amount of discussion about that movie and the sequel and the threequel recently in the Doccumentaries [sic] thread.
how was it?
?¿This wasn't the first time I've seen it. It's great. Some people would be bored with the fact that it's a period piece, and some people wouldn't like the 3+ hour time commitment, however, I'm not one of them.

DriveI can see why some people would like it, but I didn't. The soundtrack was awesome, though.MoneyballThat Sorkin dude is good at making movies that shouldn't be movies. However, it still shouldn't have been made a movie...And Jonah Hill getting an Oscar nomination is a complete joke.

i'm going to see it one day. and then i will come back here and discuss the shit out of it.
we can nerd out about f-stops when shooting by candlelight and endless tracking shots bra

Food, Inc. - Im a skeptic and I liked it. Eye opening stuff. But then I was never worried that Id go veggie from watching this. One Flew Over The Cukoo's Nest - Had to rewatch this oldie but goodie. Jack is a master. The best part is, Im not totally convinced that he's not just being himself.

Crazy Stupid Love and Drive.Liked both quite a bit.Both great soundtracks, which usually I don't notice.I kinda love Gosling now. Not sure I'd ever seen him in a movie before.I especially liked CSL. Drive was good for me, but I can see how it doesn't do it for some people. I kinda wasn't satisfied at the end.

Tiny FurnitureIt's a movie set in 2010 NYC, and follows Aura, a recent college graduate, who's come home to live in the family's Tribeca loft, with her (successful) artist mother, and her younger sister. Aura is played by Lena Durham, who wrote and directed this movie--and I was pleasantly surprised by how good it looks. Most first movies look terrible to me--but the colors pop nicely, there's a sense of composition, and it generally felt like a real movie.I'm struggling a little with it, though. I like to think that I don't need to like a story's characters, to respect the storytelling. I don't have to want to spend time with someone off screen, to understand their motivations, and to appreciate them. This movie talks a lot about boundaries, and personal responsibility, and where you are in a life's journey--this movie has some affluent, moneyed, New Yorkers who irritate me.It's like what was discussed upthread about Moneyball. Is a great performance by Pitt? He gives an easy, likeable performance, and the argument is Pitt's seems like an easy, likeable fellow. I don't agree with this argument. Besides me thinking so little of actors in real life, and really really respecting the difficulties of appearing "natural" on screen, I don't expect multimillionaires to be likeable. Is Tiny Furniture a good movie? The general plot has a bunch of elements from Dunham's real life. Is it creation, or just interpretation--and does it matter? She was able to convey the elements well enough on the screen, that I'm still wondering about it 12 hours after I watched it.

half nelson. really good movie if not a good deal depression. and ryan gosling of course.also watched the station agent and monster. station agent was pretty good I guess but didn't really "do" much for me, though that bobby cannavale guy was enjoyable. monster (kinda odd it took me this long to see it) was fuck all disturbing and difficult to watch but damn charlize theron was good in it.

The Station Agent should have made it obvious to you that being a midget would be the worst thing ever. Like ever, ever. You don't think about it, unless it's right in front of you, but hell that would suck. Everyone, even super kind/nice people can't not look at a midget. Man, that would be so ****ing awful.

are you kidding? he got two bitches in that movie. the god damned dwarf got more ass in that hour and a half that I have in the past year.

my idiot brother: paul rudd, zooey deschanel, and rashida jones all in the same movie, with zooey and rashida kissing, so this should have been better than the fucking godfather. it was not. not very funny at all and you pretty much just hate everybody even the people you're not supposed to hate. least I got to look at rashida jones and zooey deschanel for a while.

actually paid to go see Star Wars 3D on the big screen and it was about as expected. Nothing too dramatic from a 3D perspective, but definitely an added sense of depth and perception that was pretty awesome; especially the pod racing scenes.

warrior: damn good movie. what made it really good was that they weren't totally unrealistic about the fighting.

most movies like that have the underdog knock the big guy out but that just isn't very realistic, especially not late in a fight. getting the win via submissions by waiting for mistakes is a lot more realistic. only unrealistic part is that the fucking ufc would never let that tournament happen.

fags.