Moneyball. I love this movie so much. This is my 2nd time, and I liked it quite a bit better this time. It's definitely going to break into my top 50.The direction and acting is superb. I'm very impressed with Bennett Miller. Aaron Sorkin apparently knows how to construct a screenplay also.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think there needs to be a small white truck parked next to the scene of the accident, watching but not participating.

How was the crowd for The Lovely Bones?

That's how I felt when I saw Gangs of New York, followed closely by City of God. DDL is fantastic in Gangs, but the movie didn't do much for me. City Of God though, that's the real thing.     I don

The Cabin in the WoodsWow. I'm still tilted by this one. Read a lot of reviews before hand that referred to the first Halloween and the first Scream. They made it sound like this was a major step forward in the horror genre. What a crock. Nothing scary, little funny and an ending that is still hard to believe that the producers bought into. A complete waste of money redeemed only by a brief shot of some perky boobies. If you must see it wait until it ends up in the dollar bin somewhere.

hesher: loved this movie. it got a little overwrought there in the end, but it was still awesomely ridiculous and funny. not comedy funny, but dark and crazy funny. plus, metallica.

hesher: loved this movie. it got a little overwrought there in the end, but it was still awesomely ridiculous and funny. not comedy funny, but dark and crazy funny. plus, metallica.
You have Cinemax? That was the new movie tonight. Didn't record it. I guess I should???Watched The Debt tonight. Slow start but I found it to be solid

Chronicle was pretty good, except I didn't love the last 10 minutes. Wallace from The Wire is one of the stars, and he was pretty awesome. The Grey was better than I expected, and the last 5-10 minutes were pretty great.

You have Cinemax? That was the new movie tonight. Didn't record it. I guess I should???
no got it from netflix, but I did tell one of my friends and she was like "wait, wasn't that just on?" isn't that crazy?! the life I lead huh!

Moneyball. Was ok. Didn't think the acting was really Oscar-worthy. Didn't think the story was that moving. Maybe I knew too much of the real story to embrace it all. It was a decently good movie. Would never watch it again. Now on to Water for Elephants. Went to my OnDemand and didn't see one comedy I could rent. Where the Fck are all the comedies?

Moneyball. Was ok. Didn't think the acting was really Oscar-worthy. Didn't think the story was that moving. Maybe I knew too much of the real story to embrace it all. It was a decently good movie. Would never watch it again.
i just read money ball, do you think i need to see the movie?

Yes. Especially with Mex's lukewarm review. Your expectations will be low and you'll love it.

i just read money ball, do you think i need to see the movie?
Need? God no. Especially after reading the book. Books are always better. And the book wasnt fabricated and 'based on a true story' like the movie was. But sure, if you've got 2:20 of your life to burn, you'll be mildly entertained. As far as brvy's opinion, I mean c'mon, it's Brvy.
Haha, nice. Exactly Poor Brvy
If I had Suited liking my movie and condiment picks, my rep would be irreparable tarnished.
now i'll never see it.
Yeah, listen to the guy who's about to watch Water for Elephants.Moneyball was great. But you need to watch it not thinking about the book or the actual baseball season.(I've seen Water for Elephants.)

yeah well you know what I watched this weekend? god damned ps I love you. no kidding. no idea what I was thinking here but this thing sucked baaaalls. I mean the dude's acting and accent were both terrible, the story was balls out cheese, but I think the absolute worst part had to be being forced to look at hilary swank's face for two freaking hours. who was the cornea lacking retard casting director that made that decision? I am firmly in he kevin baumgartner camp here. ugh.

• 2 weeks later...

Tinker Tailor Soldier SpyIt probably was a really good movie. I just had no idea wtf was going on the whole time. It was really hard to follow.

Tinker Tailor Soldier SpyIt probably was a really good movie. I just had no idea wtf was going on the whole time. It was really hard to follow.
Pretty much how I felt. I don't even think I watched the ending, because it wasn't going to mean anything to me. I started watching it half-drunk, which is something I wouldn't recommend, either.

I saw "Melancholia" last night, which is a film by Lars Von Trier. I don't really want to talk much about the plot because I really didn't know anything about it going in, and I think that helped my experience. It's a very strange movie, and a very beautiful one. It was so different than most things I'm used to seeing. Worth checking out, if you want to watch a 2+ hour artistic movie with Kirstin Dunst...

I saw "Melancholia" last night, which is a film by Lars Von Trier. I don't really want to talk much about the plot because I really didn't know anything about it going in, and I think that helped my experience. It's a very strange movie, and a very beautiful one. It was so different than most things I'm used to seeing. Worth checking out, if you want to watch a 2+ hour artistic movie with Kirstin Dunst...
I almost watched this last night too, since it was on Netflix or Amazon streaming, I can't remember which. I had the button on "Watch Now" and everything.

I have seen some movies recently.fast food nation: super disappointed in this movie. it never really got a good plotline going or any characters developed because it was constantly trying to move into different directions with different characters. when it was over I felt like I hadn't seen a single bit of a story. but the movie itself damn sure thinks it's important. it'll slap you in the face with how important it is every five minutes or so.3:10 to yuma. super surprised at how good this was. I was just expecting a decent western action flick and it turned out to be a really good all around movie. not much else to say about it but it's definitely one I'd watch again.

Men in Black 3Ok Hollywood, I know there is no God, that we all die alone, and when a baby smiles at you it's really just gas. But do you have to rub it in like this?Make a mediocre movie, try and convince me Will Smith still has 8oz of charisma (he doesn't). Leave the guy from A Serious Man and the guy from Flight of the Concords alone. They don't deserve your mealy mouth degradations.Up to the ending though, you were just mediocre in that way where you weren't good, but you were better than part 2. The ending though, makes the whole movie a steaming pile of poo.

Men in Black 3Ok Hollywood, I know there is no God, that we all die alone, and when a baby smiles at you it's really just gas. But do you have to rub it in like this?Make a mediocre movie, try and convince me Will Smith still has 8oz of charisma (he doesn't). Leave the guy from A Serious Man and the guy from Flight of the Concords alone. They don't deserve your mealy mouth degradations.Up to the ending though, you were just mediocre in that way where you weren't good, but you were better than part 2. The ending though, makes the whole movie a steaming pile of poo.
That's disappointing. I was looking forward to seeing this.
That's disappointing. I was looking forward to seeing this.
Ebert liked it. I'll probably go see it just because I liked the first one so much. I don't even remember the 2nd one though.