Lhe Challenge(?) Thread

I guess I am the only one not running like God this month.
Not true.I've only played a little over 800 hands this month so far, but I'm still managing to lose at a rate of a just over 5 BB/100.I'm winning in mtts and sngs, however. If not for them I'd be broke.
  • Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At what point in 6-max is the rake no longer a big deal, winrate-wise. Like, I would imagine it's more possible to be 4BB/100 at 2/4 than at .5/1. Is that completely wrong?
One of the cooler LHE graphs I've ever seen:rake-analysis.png
I guess I am the only one not running like God this month. Up a massive 8BB right now this month over 500 hands.
i had my official first day of poker on the first.i lost a little. first losing day in like 10 days.i always start out the month bad.
One of the cooler LHE graphs I've ever seen:rake-analysis.png
i don't think its exactly accurate though. fcpbob has said on here that on stars the rake is lower at 2/4 than at 1/2. this graph makes sense to me for ftp though. i am not a winner at any 2/4 or 3/6 limit game there, despite killing some 1/2 games.
congrats on the finish!i'm also running hot in tourneys--3/3 in cashes so far :club:
Thx. The only MTT's I can stomach for the most part now are LHE, HORSE or Razz. Got hot and took down a few of the $6 Teir One's and had some $26 tokens. I was able to get rakeback on FT and have started to build back my roll playing LHE, HORSE and Razz cash games. Started at .50-1 and have moved up to 1-2 with occasional shots at 2-4. I'll definitely start posting some hands for feedback.

One hand from a HORSE cash game yesterday and a hand from the $3K LHE tonight...Game had just switched to LHE a couple of hands ago...should we dump this on the flop?Full Tilt Limit Hold'em, $4.00 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comPreflop: Hero is BB with 4 :club:, 5 :icon_clap:1 fold, MP calls, CO checks, Button calls, SB calls, Hero checksFlop: (5 SB) 3 :ts, 2 :3h, 2 :icon_clap:(6 players)SB checks, Hero checks, MP bets, 3 folds, Hero callsTurn: (3.5 BB) A :D(3 players)Hero checks, MP bets, Hero raises, MP 3-bets, Hero callsRiver: (9.5 BB) 5 :D(3 players)Hero checks, MP bets, Hero callsTotal pot: $46 (11.5 BB) | Rake: $2This one from the donkament tonight...typical table filled with call down with any piece/pair/ace high/king high players. Good line for this board?Full Tilt Limit Hold'em, 3000 Tournament, 150/300 Blinds (9 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comPreflop: Hero is MP1 with 8 :qh, 8 :4h2 folds, Hero raises, 3 folds, Button calls, 1 fold, BB callsFlop: (6.5 SB) K :D, 2 :5c, 7 :qh(3 players)BB checks, Hero bets, Button calls, BB callsTurn: (4.75 BB) 9 :D(3 players)BB checks, Hero bets, Button calls, 1 foldRiver: (6.75 BB) 6 :D(2 players)Hero checks, Button bets, Hero callsTotal pot: t2625 (8.75 BB)

Hand 1: Why would you dump it on the flop? I would be more tempted to lead the flop? I cap the turn as well.
Capping the turn would be read dependent. Against somebody who has a clue we probably shouldn't. However yes, I would lead the flop.
Capping the turn would be read dependent. Against somebody who has a clue we probably shouldn't. However yes, I would lead the flop.
I am not sure how read dependent it would be at a Horse table...anybody with a 2 3bets us right there. 23 is really not likely and A2 would only make up 1 hand of a larger range. We also probably need to take into account that a hand like A3 probably 3bets us there too. C/r the turn is not a particularly strong move by us on this kind of board.
What stakes 6max are you playing?
every once in awhile i just hop in a 6max game as i work on some school stuff.this is filtered for 6max:6mtq8.jpgi am really surprised at how soft the games are. i'll have to switch over to 6max probably sometime around the middle of november. playing what little i have recently has made me really REALLY optimistic.

It's banner evening for the mentally challenged.PokerStars Limit Hold'em, $4.00 BB (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comPreflop: Hero is MP1 with :5c, :club:1 fold, UTG+1 calls, Hero raises, 2 folds, CO calls, 1 fold, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 callsFlop: (10 SB) :3h, :D, :qh(5 players)SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero bets, CO calls, SB calls, 2 foldsTurn: (6.5 BB) :4h(3 players)SB bets, Hero raises, CO 3-bets, 1 fold, Hero callsRiver: (13.5 BB) :D(2 players)Hero checks, CO bets, Hero callsTotal pot: $62 (15.5 BB) | Rake: $2Hero mucked :D, :ts (two pair, nines and sixes).CO had :qh, :D (full house, sixes over sevens).Outcome: CO won $60This guy is 66/9/1 in full ring.

every once in awhile i just hop in a 6max game as i work on some school stuff.this is filtered for 6max:6mtq8.jpgi am really surprised at how soft the games are. i'll have to switch over to 6max probably sometime around the middle of november. playing what little i have recently has made me really REALLY optimistic.
I know it's a tiny sample size and absolutely meaningless but those are some ****ing crazy stats.
I know it's a tiny sample size and absolutely meaningless but those are some ****ing crazy stats.
i didn't even look at those stats until i was posting them. when i noticed how silly they were, i went "yup," i thought those sessions felt a little weird.thoughts now about the highest possible wr for 6max?

I'm now a hair over even, and I've play 2,300 hands in the last 12 hours. Losing sessions are for people willing to have them. I just play and play and play until I'm not losing, and then I quite immediately. It's solid.

I'm now a hair over even, and I've play 2,300 hands in the last 12 hours. Losing sessions are for people willing to have them. I just play and play and play until I'm not losing, and then I quite immediately. It's solid.
thats a good way to play a lot when you're losing and not playing well.
thats a good way to play a lot when you're losing and not playing well.
It's also good for the psyche if you can't handle the swings :club: