Lhe Challenge(?) Thread

lastdaysept.jpgToday ensured no losing month for me. So **** you September. You're an arbitrary selection of days and my results within your boundaries cannot make me question myself as a poker player.P.S. I'm sorry I got angry and cursed. Please ask October to be nicer to me
  • Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you think October takes its cue from September, you're straight buggin'. I just wish all the months could be more like August.
I just wish I could be more like you and win a brazillion BB/100. Must be nice.
qfti'm officially dead even for september now before benefits, but about 3k in benefits makes that otay. i got one more day to try to get myself some BB that fit in sept.what a swongy month, though. 2 200BB swongs to the bad side, 5 100BB swongs to various sides. if you told me i was gonna have 500BB worth of downswings in one month and end up even, i'd take it, so i suppose i'm happy.
The trick is: don't post downswings, so your awesomeness is inflated, with a secondary emphasis on playing well below your skill level and bankroll for long periods of time out of fear of losing.

I need to get off Stars. This month was breakeven for me as well, but if I could have made some more on the side it would have been a lot easier to take. Instead I made about 20k fpps...which I may be able to turn into around $500-$700 in FPP sats if I run good.I have rakeback on FT and Cake, and I don't have an account on AP yet. Is AP better than FT for rakeback/bonuses?

The trick is: don't post downswings, so your awesomeness is inflated, with a secondary emphasis on playing well below your skill level and bankroll for long periods of time out of fear of losing.
my strategy is similar but profoundly different:post huge whinefests during downswings, barely post at all during good streaks, play way below your skill level in terms of stakes, but continue to play on your site even when the games are horrifically bad and often worse than most 10/20 games.
I just may try that. I did hit and run a .50/1 game that I was sweating my friend in. I'm just going to use that level and say that my winrate for September was 66.25BB/100 with 0 losing sessions.

Money-wise, I'm dead money, but BB-wise my entire game lately is built around hitting and running as soon as 6 more players join, so I think I'd have a shot. But I'm without PT or anything until PEV comes out or I give up on it, so it's honor system for Dutch.

i think i wanna have a fun side challenge for october: who can have the biggest hit and run for the month. who wit me?
My .50/1 foray was my first hit and run for the year. My buddy asked me to sweat him in the game and I got bored after about 20 hands, so I bought in for $15k. I played 4 hands and quit. I made $2.65, sat out, and said "thanks for the money suckers" and cackled for an egregious amount of time. Can I count that?
My .50/1 foray was my first hit and run for the year. My buddy asked me to sweat him in the game and I got bored after about 20 hands, so I bought in for $15k. I played 4 hands and quit. I made $2.65, sat out, and said "thanks for the money suckers" and cackled for an egregious amount of time. Can I count that?
sure, but i'd be winning for the year so far. i sat with a guy that i thought was a fish HU 5/10, but over the course of my first 20 hands with him i realized he wasn't and that i must have had the fish's name wrong or something. however, i managed to win 50BB off him in 20 hands, so i bolted. weeeee

i really despise this ****ing game lately, lol.can someone post a hand where a big pair actually wins? cuz i don't think it's possible anymore. i'm still winning with hands that aren't big pairs, but i'm starting to consider mucking 1010+ preflop, hahaha

sigged imo

dear nutlaw7,you are the luckiest piece of shit donkey i and pretty much anyone else have ever played against. without question. i'm reasonably sure that you're fat, ugly, and probably deserve to die.love,checky

dear nutlaw7,you are the luckiest piece of shit donkey i and pretty much anyone else have ever played against. without question. i'm reasonably sure that you're fat, ugly, and probably deserve to die.love,checky
HAHA! Love this...

topic for discussion:against a fairly decent LAG oop where you're pretty much going to show down AK high on most any board, it is better to just flat his 3betting of you preflop, assuming that he knows you're capable of raising suited connectors from your position.discuss.(i have thought about this a lot lately, and have started doing it against certain opponents today, and am absolutely owning souls against them since they are "sure" i'd cap ak, as i have in the past)

topic for discussion:against a fairly decent LAG oop where you're pretty much going to show down AK high on most any board, it is better to just flat his 3betting of you preflop, assuming that he knows you're capable of raising suited connectors from your position.discuss.(i have thought about this a lot lately, and have started doing it against certain opponents today, and am absolutely owning souls against them since they are "sure" i'd cap ak, as i have in the past)
If you're showdown-bound, I would imagine it's best to bloat the pot as much as possible during the point in the hand when your equity against his range is highest. Anyone disagree with this or otherwise think I'm wrong to want to jam here?
If you're showdown-bound, I would imagine it's best to bloat the pot as much as possible during the point in the hand when your equity against his range is highest. Anyone disagree with this or otherwise think I'm wrong to want to jam here?
my private analysis had more to do with when we hit, actually.as to when we don't, it's worth saying that the villain is capable of vtowning aq or aj high all the way down when we passive the shit out of the board.
I think anything to mix it up vs a good thinking opponent and making it harder for him to put you on a range is to your benefit...not only in this hand but in the future when you flat his 3bet with 78 suited in the back of his head he'll remember what you did with AK previously and he'll be more lost vs you all the time. /run-on sentence type grouping of words.